Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2663
    Small turn out. Only 5 at the starting line, one disappeared right away with technical issues, one disappeared on lap 2 with weak leg issues.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A8CB8A48-CB27-4C0F-837D-45F126A6FD9F_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	352.3 KB 
ID:	407091

M.P. = VTskibum
    P.L. = Jamal
    D.H. = Zhem
    Dee Hubbs (lazy legs on lap 2)
    smartyiak was there at the start line and disappeared, and then popped up again mid ride, only to disappear again.

Fast one tonight, after DH's lazy legs kicked in, was fun pushing that last lap harder than usual. Three of us stayed together for climb and all looking at each other (virtually) for who was going to sprint, but finished very gentlemanly together after a good effort.

Kept riding a bit to chip away at my very little remaining elevation, depending outside weather I may have to show up next Tuesday on Tron bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Small turn out. Only 5 at the starting line, one disappeared right away with technical issues, one disappeared on lap 2 with weak leg issues.

Name:	A8CB8A48-CB27-4C0F-837D-45F126A6FD9F_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	352.3 KB 
ID:	407091

M.P. = VTskibum
    P.L. = Jamal
    D.H. = Zhem
    Dee Hubbs (lazy legs on lap 2)
    smartyiak was there at the start line and disappeared, and then popped up again mid ride, only to disappear again.
    That's a lot of Tron bikes. I'm about 5,500 feet away from the top of Everest. That means, if I understand this correctly, I only have 4,563,056 feet left till I get a Tron bike myself.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    That's a lot of Tron bikes. I'm about 5,500 feet away from the top of Everest. That means, if I understand this correctly, I only have 4,563,056 feet left till I get a Tron bike myself.
    If you would use a scientific measurement like METERS, you'd know the exact number.

=CONVERT(B3,”ft”,”m”)

If you don't have a tron bike and tall socks you can't sit with us

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    I had the Tron bike, I had the tall socks, but I didn’t have the legs last night.

It was weird. I was there at the start...then all of the sudden I was riding alone. I went to quit, but it said I was on the TGR ride, so I went back...and then I was alone again. Went to quit a second time and it said I was in Innsbruck (but nothing to do with TGR). So I quit and as punishment, I did:

Name:	Zwift.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	892.7 KB 
ID:	407146
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

If you would use a scientific measurement like METERS, you'd know the exact number.

=CONVERT(B3,”ft”,”m”)
    Meters like this? These are the meters with which I am familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    And they never saw EWG again...

4 of us tonight.

Name:	4D1ADA14-95DD-4432-8E1E-94050D84D49E_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	435.2 KB 
ID:	407300

D.H. = Zhem (left after lap 2 for family time)
    J.R. = Patarero
    Dee Hubbs (who left after 2 laps for lazy legs)
    S.M. = smartyiak

Looks like I’m allowed to join for next Tues

Checked off Tron, 1st Rapha rising stage, 5th time up Alp, first Road to Sky route, kept it steady going from 290th to 99th in 50:15. Pretty far off my record of 46ish minutes, but not bad considering I haven’t been training like I did back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fun race thurs night with our local series. Figure 8 course. It went kind of like the last one. I haven't been feeling great this week and it was kind of unpleasant but turns out power output was still good. I didn't expect to be able to hold a gap from the top of the pretty short zwift kom for 8k or whatever to the finish but wound up with one anyway. Chasers came within 4s twice but I saved a bit for that twisty rolling part before the finish and stretched it back out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j4QGNdKfz0&

Not much chatting from me because I somehow got muted from the discord server and then Shaun couldn't figure out how to fix that during the race.

Did stage 1 of rapha rising tonight, managed a PR on adz by a pretty good amount so that was cool. I suppose being in a race where you get a little tiny bit of a draft effect and the motivation to chase that wheel helps a bit.

e- stage 2 not pleasant either. So glad La reine doesn't go all the way to the top.
    Last edited by jamal; 02-26-2022 at 10:20 PM.

Finally got my trainer set up for the winter...yeah, you could say I dragged my feet. Maybe in a few weeks I'll start joining rides so I can drop off the back

Dude - come to the next ride you can make and just do 1 lap of the 3 to try it out. The “racing” part doesn’t start until the last 15% and even then most mags like me get spit out the back and just continue to cruise to the finish line.

The first 85% is all done at an easy enough pace so we can trade shots at each other about our sock height.

Yeah we slow down and regroup after the hill until the last lap. And the more people the better the draft.

Won't be there tomorrow night, have a meeting.

Also I'm toast after the last couple days. Had a solid outside ride yesterday and then had stage 3. All three of those really hurt, glad the last one was a "short" climb up reverse epic kom. But putting out good numbers and keep bumping up that tss.

Yep, even though I'm typically a backmarker the group is amazing and it's mostly just good pedaling with good banter. Absolutely not a race 90% of the time.

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

I most likely won’t be there tonight.

I most likely won’t be there tonight.
    Only 4 of us tonight. SM, MP, DH and me. I sat up to spin out for the last lap, hence the rare mid ride post.

Currently, on the hill, those three are all neck and neck beating on each other.

I’ll update the spreadsheet, noting that you sat up

Hey Dee - can you put me back in the invite rotation? We are truly “in between” outdoor activities here in VT and I need to do something social. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by scharny View Post
    Hey Dee - can you put me back in the invite rotation? We are truly “in between” outdoor activities here in VT and I need to do something social. Thanks!
    Scharny, what’s your Zwift name now? (You can PM me if it your real name).
    I couldn’t find your old name “A Two-Legged Rider” when I set up the TGR Club earlier this fall.

DH - Please mark my absences as excused. The high socks were not enough...so I enrolled in a training plan. Have receipts if needed.

I've been pretty absent form the Zwift lately, I had a pretty heavy overtraining period 2 weeks ago, and then my Father In Law passed away and I have been dealing with my everything involved with that , including supporting my wife.

BUT, the Tour of Watopia starts on Wednesday March 9th. 5 stages, with 3 categories, A, B, C in each stage. A new Stage populates every 3 days. The best part of Tour of Watopia is that you earn 2x the XP points for every mile of the ride. They also created 5 new routes for this event, which means you can earn a route badge for completing that route, which doubles your XP points, so essentially you can earn 3x the XP points in each stage of the event.
    I'm going to try to complete all 3 categories for every stage. Looks like I have 15 straight days of riding (racing) ahead of me. March 9th through March 28th.
    This should translate nicely into my first outdoor MTB ride planned for April 1 in Frutia.

I've been pretty absent form the Zwift lately, I had a pretty heavy overtraining period 2 weeks ago, and then my Father In Law passed away and I have been dealing with my everything involved with that , including supporting my wife.

BUT, the Tour of Watopia starts on Wednesday March 9th. 5 stages, with 3 categories, A, B, C in each stage. A new Stage populates every 3 days. The best part of Tour of Watopia is that you earn 2x the XP points for every mile of the ride. They also created 5 new routes for this event, which means you can earn a route badge for completing that route, which doubles your XP points, so essentially you can earn 3x the XP points in each stage of the event.
    I'm going to try to complete all 3 categories for every stage. Looks like I have 15 straight days of riding (racing) ahead of me. March 9th through March 28th.
    This should translate nicely into my first outdoor MTB ride planned for April 1 in Frutia.
    Really sorry to hear about your FIL. Best to you and Mrs Hubbs.

^^^ same (tour of watopia) - lots of riding ahead.

Anyone know how to find events that have the lesser known badges? Example is Neokyo Crit. It is one of 6 badges (and extra xp) that can only be earned through events. When I go to the events page, I can't filter down to a specific course. Maybe I can go backdoor and schedule an event via the TGR group?

^ On Zwiftpower, you can search events by route. And then set a reminder or signup for that event.
    Groups don’t have access to “Event Only” routes, nor can you ride them in a “meetup” (like the way we organized our old group rides)