Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    yeah, in the summer most of my Zwifting is super recovery mode trying to spin on legs destroyed from running. I got into a routine there for a couple months when I was never going above 130-140 watts. Lots of miles at 100 watts (despite all of the internet posturing of robust FTP figures lol)

I finally did it after 98 hours of ride time, got the Tron Bike!! It was anticlimactic. For the last month I had been starting at Jungle Route, throwing a U turn and climbing the KOM reverse route just for the vert.

The top of the Bonus climb was empty and lonely. A cold internet wind blew pixelated snow flurries across the road. I hit 50,000 meter mark and a little screen came up- saying I won. There was no one to share my glory. I went to 'my garage' and chose new ride with green wheels. No one was in my bike studio. No one cares at work when I tell them. I showed my wife and she was less then impressed.

I guess I'll bike Italy or California next. (next challenge offered I didn't even know about. It is video game after all)

I have a triathlon in late April so I should keep it up I guess....

Congratulations on the Tron! Have you ridden her yet? Is it noticeably faster?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Not yet, gonna give her a spin tonight. I even gave my avatar a hair cut and new outfit. I just gotta get a haircut in real life now.

So, what kind of average watt outputs are you guys getting on your rides? I am just getting into using my wahoo kickr, (new knee), and I am curious how people are training on average. Currently I can maintain around 125 watts for an hour, is this terrible, or acceptable if I want to join a Zwift ride?
    Sorry if this is a dumb question.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Whatís your watts to kilogram ratio?
    crab in my shoe mouth

I haven’t messed with that, tbh, the watts were calculated on a stationary at PT, and not the wahoo. I weigh 78 kilos usually.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

No worries. The beauty of Zwift is the amount of people using it at any given time. You can just jump in anywhere, Watopia or whatever city is being highlighted that day. And there will be folks riding at all different levels, groups form on the road, there is always someone to chase or drop. It will show what your watts to kilos is and then you can jump into big group rides or races from there.
    Make sure you download the Zwift companion app for your phone, itís the easiest way to use the power-ups, take pictures, adjust camera angles and to find out what events are happening and whatnot.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Rideit, you need to tell Zwift how much you weigh then you can see your w/kg down on the lower right in relation to the other riders around you. Looks like your doing 1.6w/kg based on 125w average.

Like I said I'll do half hour at like 1.3 to 1.5 then then jump 2-2.5 for another 30 min and call it a day. Or just roll at 2 for an hour or if feeling peppy stay above 3 or whatever. I swear some days I'll get on there and 100 watts for 20 minutes feels like plenty. (usually after skiing all day, that shit will wear you out)

Did the group version of the Tour of Innsbruck the other day, mountain top finish. Averaged 3.3 w/kg. I could have gone harder in retrospect, didnít want to blow up and whatnot. Iím addicted.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Did the group version of the Tour of Innsbruck the other day, mountain top finish. Averaged 3.3 w/kg. I could have gone harder in retrospect, didn’t want to blow up and whatnot. I’m addicted.
    Yeah man ... good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    Rideit, you need to tell Zwift how much you weigh then you can see your w/kg down on the lower right in relation to the other riders around you. Looks like your doing 1.6w/kg based on 125w average.

Like I said I'll do half hour at like 1.3 to 1.5 then then jump 2-2.5 for another 30 min and call it a day. Or just roll at 2 for an hour or if feeling peppy stay above 3 or whatever. I swear some days I'll get on there and 100 watts for 20 minutes feels like plenty. (usually after skiing all day, that shit will wear you out)
    That’s cool, I guess I am pretty happy with that given that I am six weeks out of surgery.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy