Page 65 of 107 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2656
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Clearly he was in a hurry to get to the Craft Beer/Mustache Wax Festival in Hipsterville.

Just grabbed a dumb Kinetic trainer off Marketplace, got my road steed hooked up, so I'll hopefully be joining you all in a couple weeks after I get my base bike fitness recharged.
    Don't wait. Jump in with both feet. The water is just fine.
    Keep in mind, newb rule is that you have to do your first group ride with us on a mountain bike.

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

Just started watching the replay of Strade Bianche on GCN, rode Zwift after work, now I’m kicking it on the couch watching one of the best races on the UCI calendar
    crab in my shoe mouth

The ending is .... ummm .... remarkable. Like holy shit remarkable.

So stoked! I stayed off of Velonews so as not to spoil it.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Incredible group of riders in that front group, can’t wait to see what kind of numbers MvDP was pushing on those two insane attacks. Too bad for Quinn Simmons, he looked very strong, he basically started that winning move. Strade Bianche is lives up to the hype, it’s an incredibly fun race to watch. It should be considered as one the Monuments
    crab in my shoe mouth

I knocked off my last badge in NYC this morning. Did the L'Equipe Provence Badge Hunter NYC Everything Bagel event.
    It was a big group 800+ riders so it took almost 15 minutes to settle down and find a group to pace with. It was a way faster pace than I expected. I didn;t think to look for any other TGR riders in the event but afterwards I saw that BennyMac was out there. He finished about 7 minutes head of me. I was hoping for a sub 1:00 hour ride and was just over that.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70FDA50E-999A-4B40-9260-0C247108D0BD.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	561.4 KB 
ID:	366193

Now that I have all the NYC, Innsbruck, Yorkshire, Richmond and Paris badges, I'm going to try to knock off the rest of the France badges next.

Name:	A4FD7190-6456-463E-8E04-3D3DF49C9E39_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	366194

Nice work finishing off NYC. Agee about the pace - I was definitely sucked into going harder than I wanted to for what I thought would be a leisurely early Saturday morning spin.

I’m signed up for their Volcano lap achievement badge sufferfest tomorrow but feel like shit today and have beer league hockey playoffs at 9:30 tonight - so might skip tomorrow and get that badge some other time.
    Last edited by bennymac; 03-06-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Incredible group of riders in that front group, can’t wait to see what kind of numbers MvDP was pushing on those two insane attacks. Too bad for Quinn Simmons, he looked very strong, he basically started that winning move. Strade Bianche is lives up to the hype, it’s an incredibly fun race to watch. It should be considered as one the Monuments
    Pretty confident it was at least 1.21 gigawatts

QS is a mullet-wearing, playoff beard sporting, douche that just happens to be able to put down mega-watts. But yeah, he had some bad luck yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Pretty confident it was at least 1.21 gigawatts

QS is a mullet-wearing, playoff beard sporting, douche that just happens to be able to put down mega-watts. But yeah, he had some bad luck yesterday.
    He’s young and dumb, but he’s going to be a major player for the next ten years. Did he apologize for the ‘black hand’ episode? If he did, when do we let it go, if ever? I’m kind of sick of the commentators bringing it up every time he’s on the screen. Yes, he’s a douche, but he’s also very young and impressionable. I’m conflicted on this guy, I want to forgive and let him move on, but I understand the hate also.
    crab in my shoe mouth

He’s young and dumb, but he’s going to be a major player for the next ten years. Did he apologize for the ‘black hand’ episode? If he did, when do we let it go, if ever? I’m kind of sick of the commentators bringing it up every time he’s on the screen. Yes, he’s a douche, but he’s also very young and impressionable. I’m conflicted on this guy, I want to forgive and let him move on, but I understand the hate also.
    That depends very much on whether he figures out how to be a sponsored professional. Criticism for him is trickling over into criticism of his sponsors. The convo below is one of about 50 similar I saw on Twitter yesterday. Obviously I have no idea if it would ever move the needle with average Joe Trek buyer, but if he becomes as successful as his legs suggest then he will be in the spotlight more and more. Not sure I'd take the chance on him as a brand ambassador if I were Trek.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 8.11.22 AM.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	360.4 KB 
ID:	366232

Just followed you, Dee Hubbs. Initials are F.S. Hopefully I can make it next Tuesday.

Although I have zero confidence that I can navigate the Zwift app to join in.

I just invited you.
    Just be riding in any world at least 6 minutes before the scheduled meetup. 5 minutes before the event/meetup Zwift will put a prompt on the screen “Do you want to join your meetup” and even then if you do nothing it will auto select the meetup in 30 seconds if you don’t hit any buttons.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Just followed you, Dee Hubbs. Initials are F.S. Hopefully I can make it next Tuesday.

Although I have zero confidence that I can navigate the Zwift app to join in.
    Make sure you have the "Zwift Companion App". Had a friend who couldn't never find any events or other users and he was using the regular Zwift game app.

Dee - Joetron clued me into this thread by an old-school text. Just shot you a follow on Zwift, shoot me an invite if ya don't mind. Sounds hilarious. I mostly use Zwift attached to a training program in ERG mode but would be down for a group ride on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    First ride was Dec 1st, scheduled every Tues and Thurs. So:
    25 rides so far.
    Averaging over 6 riders per ride.
    Greatest number of riders has been 11
    Lowest number of riders was 2, and we still rode.
    30 riders are currently being invited
    24 different riders have attended
    6 riders have attended over 12+ rides, or over half the rides.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Dee - Joetron clued me into this thread by an old-school text. Just shot you a follow on Zwift (J Rhea), shoot me an invite if ya don't mind. Sounds hilarious. I mostly use Zwift attached to a training program in ERG mode but would be down for a group ride on occasion.
    You're now invited to Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Got it thanks bruh

Somewhat OT: anyone have an opinion on GCN+ vs NBC Sports Gold for watching bike races (US)?

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Somewhat OT: anyone have an opinion on GCN+ vs NBC Sports Gold for watching bike races (US)?
    Aside from GCN+ completely cocking up the KBK race 2 weeks ago, it's been stellar throughout the CX and Early spring classics season.

At $25 bucks promo for one-year it was a no brainer. Unfortunately, the promo expired at the end of Feb. I'd still pay $50 for a year. Tons of content. No idea about NBC.

To continue the thread drift (but the analysis of power numbers is somewhat relevant to comparing to your own meager zwift efforts):

Mathieu van der Poel INSANE POWER DATA at Strade Bianche 2021

To have that left in reserve at that point in the race is mutant-power

I was waiting for the LR, race analysis, love his style. Holy shit, those numbers! Really good breakdown and the photos he uses are incredibly good. Well worth watching, thanks bm.
    Who beats him in the spring classics? He could be about to go on a rampage, win them all, thermo-biblical indeed!
    crab in my shoe mouth

white socks
    white shoes
    no gloves

is VdP getting coaching from Dee on how to surge with style?

I think it’s in his blood, his family has a rich cycling heritage. His father Adri was winner of two Tour stages and some Classics also. His grandfather on his mother’s side was the great French rider from the 60’s, Raymond Poulidor.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I was waiting for the LR, race analysis, love his style. Holy shit, those numbers! Really good breakdown and the photos he uses are incredibly good. Well worth watching, thanks bm.
    Who beats him in the spring classics? He could be about to go on a rampage, win them all, thermo-biblical indeed!
    MVDP already called his shot. At the finish he said he can hold this form for around a month. That's bananas.

Fack, the 2021 RAMROD ride got cancelled - that's 2 years in a row. What am I going to train for now?