Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2663
    Totally legit!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    You skinny fucks.
    I started Zwift last March and weighed in at 96kg - 211 lbs.
    I’m 45yo and haven’t been under 200lbs since I was maybe 30?
    Because of Zwift I’m now currently sub 86 -189lbs.
    I’ve lost 10kg - 22lbs from a stupid bike/computer game.
    Attachment 358800
    What happened in August?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    I've been checking out different apps with my KICKR Snap for the last month or so, and yesterday got Zwift going. Did the intro ride, and I can see where this could be fun. The other apps I've tried (Rouvy and BKOOL) were good/decent., but Zwift seems to control the trainer a bit mo'bettah, and the graphics are way better looking that the videos of the other two apps. This probably has to do with my 10-11 year old MacBook more than anything, but it's nice that Zwift works on some janky old tech.

Shot of the "pain cave" which is really just my basement workshop. Bikes are hanging out of frame to the right, from the wall opposite the skis.

Attachment 358647
    2,394 extra points for the Save Ferris sticker.

Now I need to get me one of those black jerseys... looks sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    What happened in August?!?!
    HA! I worked 532hrs in 42 days, with on site meals, and in a hotel.
    I have already purchased a bike to leave at that job for next year.

Takeaways from tonight's ride: knowing the course a bit better helps for sure, not murdering myself on anything on laps 1 or 2 helps a lot when it comes to the race at the end, I still don't have the energy to push the 300-400w for 2-1/2 miles to stay in the mix. I did get a PR on a bunch of stuff on lap 3 tonight including Kleiner Hügel, the descent, the hill to the finish, etc. so that felt good.

But overall, I've been thinking about what I want to get out of riding indoors, and how to achieve that, and what progress would look like over the course of a couple months. I don't currently race, outside of friendly Strava dick-waving against my friends. And even then, we never talk about the climbs... only the descents and only the good ones. So I guess if I did race (and I've considered it, as I used to race sport class downhill i.e. beer-league DH) it'd be "enduro" and that's how I like to ride I suppose... steady and reasonable pace to the top then murder the fun part. So the "goal" (at least in general high level terms) is to be able to ride big, long rides at elevation with less fatigue and more ability to rail descents. It'd be nice to be able to climb at a speed closer to some of my faster friends, but ultimately I'm less worried about keeping up the pace and more concerned with ensuring I can go whatever distance and gain we decide in our stupid heads to do. Happy to take suggestions on things I could focus on to, or how to go about getting less fat / moar fit.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    2,394 extra points for the Save Ferris sticker.
    Heh thanks man, I have this pic posted on a couple forums and I kinda figured someone would make a comment about one of the stickers at some point and I was wondering which sticker would be first. The Save Ferris sticker wasn't even one I considered, TBH.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Takeaways from tonight's ride: . So the "goal" (at least in general high level terms) is to be able to ride big, long rides at elevation with less fatigue and more ability to rail descents.
    Yes dude.
    This is the way.
    With Keith upstairs now, you must come visit the DC compound this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:  45D312B1-29F7-4F63-9500-B383E277DB4E.jpeg
Views: 796
Size:  37.3 KB
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    You skinny fucks.
    I started Zwift last March and weighed in at 96kg - 211 lbs.
    I’m 45yo and haven’t been under 200lbs since I was maybe 30?
    Because of Zwift I’m now currently sub 86 -189lbs.
    I’ve lost 10kg - 22lbs from a stupid bike/computer game.
    ]
    Just seeing this now. Holy shit dude -22lbs over that time period from zwift is inspiring! Great work

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post

Following suggestions from folks here, I selected a route to ride, and didn't make any changes at intersections, but it was totally unclear to me how I was progressing along the route - I didn't seem to get any "distance remaining in route" display or anything like that, just a "total mileage covered on this ride" display. How is that information displayed?

Question on sound: the only sound effects I got was rumbling when I went over wooden bridges, and a sound effect for thumbs ups. Other than that, Watopia was silent. What's that all about? Is that also a result of having a crappy computer? Is there no background music or anything?
    For routes I don’t think there is any display on your dashboard on the main screen or the anywhere on the companion app screen that shows your progress along your specific route - just the distance in the top dashboard of how far you have ridden (which includes the lead in).

I put an iPad on my side table with the route profile on it (from zwift insider website) because otherwise I’m too stupid to remember the route length (and the initial ride in length too) once I start pedaling and then I’m left wondering how far I need to go.

Once you finish a route for the first time a banner pops up on the screen for a few seconds saying you’ve earned that badge -it will be obvious.

Anytime you want to switch to a different route or world you have to exit out of the app and restart it (I believe)

If you’re looking to climb up the levels by collecting XP you should look at your dashboard of how far you have ridden and if you’re close to a full mile/kilometer (eg 12.8km already ridden when you finish a route) just pedal until you make the next mile/km as you’ll get extra XP for each mile/km (eg 20XP for each kilometer you ride)

If you really want to get lots of XP you can choose to ride your routes using a time trial bike (from the garage menu) - everytime you go through a banner that would normally give you a powerup you’ll instead get 10XP. Be aware that trial bikes don’t climb as well as the normal bikes and there is no drafting effect when you are behind another rider.

I blare music from iTunes so can’t comment on zwift sound effects

The zwift veterans may have more helpful tips

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post

Following suggestions from folks here, I selected a route to ride, and didn't make any changes at intersections, but it was totally unclear to me how I was progressing along the route - I didn't seem to get any "distance remaining in route" display or anything like that, just a "total mileage covered on this ride" display. How is that information displayed?
    Perhaps someone with more experience will have a better answer but the map in the upper right corner of the screen has a side view of the route at the very bottom that shows your progress. Maybe on your old laptop it's hard to see.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Perhaps someone with more experience will have a better answer but the map in the upper right corner of the screen has a side view of the route at the very bottom that shows your progress. Maybe on your old laptop it's hard to see.
    Thanks! I'll look for that next time.

Route progress... As others said, go to zwiftinsider.com and get the route list, it will have the length of the badge plus the lead-in. Memorize or write down the distance. Once you get familiar with the world's you'll have a better idea where you are and what is left to finish.

Other way, when selecting the route, watch the little map above the route selection. It will show you the route. Most start and finish in the same place (except the big climb ones)

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Yes dude.
    This is the way.
    With Keith upstairs now, you must come visit the DC compound this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    So fucking in for this.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    New trainer will be waiting for me when I get home from work trip!!!
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Just seeing this now. Holy shit dude -22lbs over that time period from zwift is inspiring! Great work
    I got my trainer last April when lockdown started, weighed in around 172 at the time. I've gotten down to 156 at the lowest, hovering around 159-161 right now, if I laid off the beers for a month I'd have to re-tune all the suspension on my bikes!

Other thing about routes is they always start and end at arches. You start on the road somewhere, then go through an arch for the official start (the lead in) so your total distance is always going to be a bit longer than what's listed. Then you are not done until you go through an arch and get the "route achieved" banner across the screen.

Thanks to all that have posted tips for Zwift. Got my trainer last new years and weighed 207. Down to 182 at start of summer for a good 25 pounds lost. Been creeping back up to 190 but also started back on the trainer this month. Rode Rouvy last year and it was fun. Not a big gamer but trying my free month of zwift. I may stay with it if I can figure out all the tricks.

I went with the Kickr snap as my bike is campy and the wife's bike is Shimano. Easy to switch back and forth. Units been OK, I'd rather have a wheel off unit but it works. They did replace it last spring when it developed a loud ticking noise. Great customer service.

I know the goal isn’t always weight loss (although I could stand to drop some for sure) but it’s impressive to hear these stories of substantial drops.

My only regret is not getting in zwift last winter - I kept waiting for the $700 power pedals to go on sale - that was dumb.

I can’t recommend the Tues/Thurs TGR group rides enough - they are a nice complement to free riding routes or doing workouts - we’re like a group of dogs chasing each other around the park

I can’t recommend the Tues/Thurs TGR group rides enough - they are a nice complement to free riding routes or doing workouts - we’re like a group of dogs chasing each other around the park
    Glad you joined a d you’re enjoying it. I want everyone to know it’s not intimidating to join this group. And we are all there to help/make the newbie understand how it works.
    The more riders we have the more fun it is for everyone.

If I stick with zwift I may attempt to keep up for a bit. Mostly been doing workouts to ease back into it. The few freerides I've done I did have fun getting attached to a pack and drafting. That's the difference from rouvy that I like the best. Not sure about the etiquette in Zwift but I treat it like riding with friends and try and take a turn pulling if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    If I stick with zwift I may attempt to keep up for a bit. Mostly been doing workouts to ease back into it. The few freerides I've done I did have fun getting attached to a pack and drafting. That's the difference from rouvy that I like the best. Not sure about the etiquette in Zwift but I treat it like riding with friends and try and take a turn pulling if I can.
    I bet you will enjoy the TGR group rides. And this is coming from someone who, in the 2 rides I’ve done, finishes in the bottom 10%. (It’s a group ride that turns into a friendly “race” in the final 15%)

I bet you will enjoy the TGR group rides. And this is coming from someone who, in the 2 rides I’ve done, finishes in the bottom 10%. (It’s a group ride that turns into a friendly “race” in the final 15%)
    by race you mean jamal leaving us in his dust...

Quote Originally Posted by grrrmountainman View Post
    by race you mean jamal leaving us in his dust...
    There will never be a risk that my fat non-greyhound ass might catch the rabbit.