Page 40 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2656
    Nice work DH And K!! Your both inspiring My lofty goal one day of 60:00 for AdZ.

Fuck me, I’m bored and high. Thinking about knocking off the imperial century on the Tick Tok loop. Like 9 or 10 laps should do it. If you see me out there say hey, and let’s have a virtual safety meeting!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Finally got my first ride in a couple of days ago. It was some type of intro ride around watopia.... I enjoyed it a lot actually. Pushed myself more then I normally would on a trainer and just watching TV. Still trying to perfect my setup as I have my iPad connected to a TV but it still needs to be in reach to interact with the app.

I’m gonna look at my trainer settings today and see what my difficulty is setup as.

Overall I think I will enjoy it tho!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Kickr Snap?

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2931629/

I really want a wheel off, but can't justify freaking $800 to ride my bike indoors. But, this will maybe just feel like a bandaid until I can get a better trainer?

The feel of my current trainer is annoying for sure. Having been on a wheel-off trainer I see how that experience is so much better.
    I have a saris magnus wheel on trainer (similar to the wahoo) and it’s totally fine. Would also love a wheel off trainer but as you note....hard to justify. I’d say major downfall is constantly checking tire pressure and taking on/off the trainer tire (yes...budget a few for a trainer tire).

I guess if I had to do it over I’d have spent the extra , but I honestly wasn’t sure if I’d like it. And the magnus is fine.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
    I have a saris magnus wheel on trainer (similar to the wahoo) and it’s totally fine. Would also love a wheel off trainer but as you note....hard to justify. I’d say major downfall is constantly checking tire pressure and taking on/off the trainer tire (yes...budget a few for a trainer tire).

I guess if I had to do it over I’d have spent the extra , but I honestly wasn’t sure if I’d like it. And the magnus is fine.

Good to know. I already have a trainer tire on my road bike for my current trainer and the road bike is dedicated to the trainer now (I only ride my gravel bike on pavement now).

I could also have roughly 300ish to spend on a power meter for my gravel bike for outdoor training when spring comes.

85 miles in, woof!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Whoop-Whoop
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1610911948.345418.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	587.9 KB 
ID:	358385
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Kickr Snap?

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2931629/

I really want a wheel off, but can't justify freaking $800 to ride my bike indoors. But, this will maybe just feel like a bandaid until I can get a better trainer?

The feel of my current trainer is annoying for sure. Having been on a wheel-off trainer I see how that experience is so much better.
    Just bought one myself. Never used a direct drive so I can't compare but so far I'm pleased. Big flywheel (for a wheel on) gives it a realistic feel and it seems to respond well to elevation changes in Zwift. The tire/roller pressure thing is really not that big of a deal, takes a minute or 2 to check and adjust. I couldn't justify the extra $$$ for a DD given how much I ride and the same goes for the accuracy +/- 3% is good enough for my old fat ass. What sold me was GP Lama's review on youtube, he said if he didn't know better he'd think the Snap was a DD trainer.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Whoop-Whoop

Dude that is impressive! Vibes for your ass after nearly 5 hours in the saddle! That’s a lot of pizza slices earned.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Whoop-Whoop

Nice! Now wear that black jersey and assert your dominance everywhere you go

(No joke I got the 100k and 100 mile jerseys in the same ride. Do you think I wear the 100k jersey though? Hell no. Only the black 100 miler for me LOL)

Good God Buttah. Super impressive. What's next ... punching yourself in the nuts for an hour?

Just did stage 3 up the alpe. Missed a sub-60 by 2min 50 sec. Averaged 231 so I'm guessing 240 would make it happen. Not sure where I'm gonna find 9 watts, but damnit I'm gonna make it happen.

Heck yeah! Glad to see this thread still alive and kicking! Buttah for the 'sore butt award'. Most I've one done at once is 43 mile. I'm inspired!

Stage 2 of TDZ. Getting mentally prepared for the Stage 3 this afternoon or tomorrow. Too much powder skiing been blowing out quads and then trying to Zwift race ... er, group ride is hard. lol

^ why didn't you use your feather on that last climb? That would have closed the 2 seconds easily.

Dang good to know! Ive never been in the habit of using power ups or whatever they are called. I'm supposed to fumble and find the Apple TV remote and try to activate while gasping for breath? I guess I could learn, lol

Use the companion app for the power ups. I also use Apple TV and the companion app is a must.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

The appleTV remote should be in the "I Love My Wife And All, But Jesus Hercules Christ" thread.
    I love the simplicity of how appleTV runs Zwift, and syncs up everything, but dear god that remote is horrible.
    Companion App on the handle bar is the only way to control the in-game commands.

I'm glad I'm not the only one... and I suppose you can actually text and communicate via phone app rather then hunt through the letters on Apple TV. Did that once and never again...

So you open Zwift through Apple app then control it through phone and they're synched somehow...? I should figure this out

You use zwift normally on your apple tv, then open up companion app on your phone. Not zwift app, zwift companion app. It's pretty useful- in addition to messaging you can use it to find/create/join events, look at the map, access all the game controls like powerups and u-turns and stuff

As Jamal said - you need 2 apps.

You run Zwift app on one device (tv/laptop/desktop/tablet etc)

and then on another device (usually a phone mounted on your handlebars or somewhere accessible) you run the Zwift Companion App

Think of the companion app as a dashboard in your car (with your controls)

and the main app as what you see outside through the windshield

You’ll still need to access menus and controls inside the main app though - I’m guessing that’s where your Apple TV remote will be needed

well that only took 3 minutes to get companion app figured out, should have done it a while ago! Dee Hubbs 'followed'. !

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    Dee Hubbs 'followed'. !
    Followed back and invited to Tuesdays and Thursday’s.

Got my Elite Suito at the end of December, still trying to get the fucking thing up and running. This involves swapping in a 10-speed casette for the 11-speed stock one (it ships with spacers, but as far as I can tell, not the ones I needed), swapping for a shorter chain (for stupid reasons that aren't worth writing down), and getting all my antique computer crap to play nice with Zwift - I'm using a 11-year old computer and a 14-year old monitor, both old beaters that I'm happy to leave in the garage with the trainer. Hoping that Zwift is so amazing that I forget about this PITA once it's up and running.

If you just want to ride you can keep that cassette on and do workouts in ERG mode. You won’t need to shift if you do. And you can always run Zwift on a smartphone. Which isn’t ideal but maybe better than dealing with old computers? Neither helps the chain situation though.

An 11 speed freehub body width is 39.0mm. An 11 speed cassette is 39.0mm. To run a 10sp cassette (which is 37.2) on the 11sp freehub you need to add a 1.8mm spacer behind the 10sp cassette.
    I hope that what you meant by "spacers", and hope that helps.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    The curse of my old trainer strikes again. I got all setup with a coach and doing the whole deal. Since I have a dumb trainer he made my Training Peaks workouts based on HR zones and not power....so I can't use them with Zwift. Riding indoors looking at the damn tiny screen on the wahoo bolt sucks. About to just sell some fucking investments to buy a damn real trainer once and for all. #bikeaddiction