Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I like it. If there are any weird Ďcalibrationí issues, I havenít noticed. I just get on and ride.

Itís all about a good workout; if Iím sweating, I donít give a shit how accurate the metrics are.

I had a fluid trainer, and found it to be so damn boring; this is a major improvement.

Today only! 12/4/18

A month of Sufferfest for $1 Code SUFF41
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I like it! Thanks for sharing.

I am new to the bicycle world. Would like to purchase a trainer. Am looking at the CycleOps Fluid 2 trainer. Do I need anything other than a powercal to be able to use Zwift? Noticed the Powercal did not get that great a review. Is there a better product out there or other set ups I should look at?
    Thank's
    off your knees Louie

If it's in your pricerange, BFD, this is what I would get if I were buying one right now:
    https://www.backcountry.com/wahoo-fi...-power-trainer

I have an older Kurt Kinetic. It's reliable and works. But I'd rather have a wheel-off trainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I like my wheel-on Kinetic Rock and Roll because of real bike feel. Do any of the wheel-off options have the left/right swing motion or are they all locked down? I know they are better in the long run.

After 8 hours of Zwifting in the last 10 days my rear tire is definitely worse for wear. Need to get one of those trainer tires...

Not aware of any that rock like the Kinetic. But I haven't looked that hard either.

Avoiding the trainer tire (or separate wheel) is a big plus, IMO. Makes the higher cost of the direct drive a bit easier to swallow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I don't know if it is just me but I feel highly susceptible to KOM race format .

Half the time I get on Zwift I just tell my self "alright,this ride is easy cruise at 200 watts for a bit just to turn the legs over..."

Then 10 minutes in you cross the start line and I'll still try to hold back then some guys comes by at 4.5 per kilo then I'm like, 'damn gotta stick with this guy."

Then there I am 30 minutes later drenched in sweat gasping for air , all composure lost. I feel like a black lab chasing a stick incessantly with slobber on my face .

Im at level 7 now but I'd like to get level 10 and check out the alp du zwift route. Looks like good fun

I think the wife has a smart trainer in mind for me as an Xmas gift. I'm hoping set up is as easy as it seems. I know the trainer hooks up to the trainer via blue tooth and the trainer is synced to Zwift via the app but how does the Strava sync happen?

As you can tell, I have zero experience with this.

Carp....easy to fall into the chasing the stick analogy. I imagine it would be similarly as hard IRL, if we had 3000 other users riding nearby and people passing all of the time. I don't use the workout feature on Zwift, I follow my own training plans and pick my own routes based on the workout and what I want to experience on the ride. Similar to IRL, but not exactly.

Hank....easy to connect to Strava, in the setup/settings menu. You connect the Zwift acct to your Garmin or Strava accounts. When a ride is finished, it uploads and shares the data to the other sites that you have connected. Usually quickly. No problems to Strava, but I get some sort of errors when sending to Garmin (but I see no benefit to myself in sending to Garmin)

What would be the absolute dirt cheapest way to do this? I've got a cross bike, now what?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    What would be the absolute dirt cheapest way to do this? I've got a cross bike, now what?
    My smart trainer on cheaper side (kinetic Rock and roll ) $400

Apple TV 4k $180
    Zwift subscription $15/mo

Agree with the above. But I went for the Elite Durito for around $750 on sale and the Apple TV. Add heart rate monitor for $40 and several fans to keep cool.

But most of these Bluetooth to an iPad, so the Apple TV or a computer is not required.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Performance bike has well reviewed smart trainer for $199 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums