Page 14 of 107 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

If you still have any drops, buy the Enve 3.4’s for climbing wheels, you can switch them out with the Zipps anytime you want.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    If you still have any drops, buy the Enve 3.4’s for climbing wheels, you can switch them out with the Zipps anytime you want.
    Now I'm geeking out on the points to buy better bikes/wheels.
    I'm a few points short to buy those 3.4's but I'll get them by next week.
    I should also top Everest next week and get (no points needed) the Trek Emonda for a climbing bike.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Recommendations for Zwift training programs for an MTBer who races Enduro?

I started the "Dirt Destroyer" and it has been a lot of low cadence grinding which Enduro is not. I need more sprinting/intervals.

I am having a consult with a local physio next week for enduro racing specific training and I hope I can integrate Zwift into the program because it super fun and way better than sitting on an exercise bike at the gym starting at crap TV on mute.

Just tried a race but got booted out, due to lack of hr monitor?

Whiteroom, maybe just an endurance program for base, but enter a race or two each week for intensity. Remember you need more base now, intensity in 5 or 6 months. The more base now, the better off for the future.

Wendigo, lots of races use HR to identify cheating. High placing with lowish HR is the tipoff. Get the Wahoo Tickr for Bluetooth, it works well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    Just tried a race but got booted out, due to lack of hr monitor?
    What race was it?
    crab in my shoe mouth

not sure - three sisters route.
    started racing and about a minute or so into it was booted out. not sure if it was lack of hr or software issue - just curious. jumped in on a group ride which was fine.
    will be outside for the next month, but the races seem like they may be fun come december.

I think a number of races require HR or you get kicked out. Not sure if there's a w/kg thing that actually works during races, but results on zwiftpower do filter unrealistic power numbers that come from either using a speed sensor on a regular trainer, lying about weight, etc.

Huh I didn’t realize someone watches races in action. Wendigo were you doing really well for your category when you got booted?

WRG they don’t do enduro stuff but I’m doing the off-season plan from here and really liking it: https://fascatcoaching.com/training-plans/ they have a really active forum there so a coach should weigh in on what plan you should buy if you ask. But I’d guess they’d tell you to do either their offseason plan or the sweet spot plan since you’re so far out from the ‘21 race season.

If you go with a plan from the local physio just make sure it can run through Training Peaks (or a similar app that’ll pair with Zwift). If they do, your workout will just appear on Zwift the day you need to do it. That’s how fascat works.
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 10-31-2020 at 08:18 PM.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Good info guys thanks. Doing races is super fun and even doing "free" rides on Zwift I end up sprinting chasing KOMs. I love the short 30 second to like 3 minute ones where you just go balls out. Same as in real life. I just can't not go for PRs lol.

Another wed night "cx" race tonight, really fun again. I tried setting up my own livestream and the cheap laptop handled it, but barely. Have a few issues to work out like getting some sound going for me and not just the zwift window and also placing myself in a different corner. The organizer does a stream with a guy commenting and changing camera angles, although he seemed to have missed most of the interesting parts at the front of the race. Even got a discord chat thing going tonight

Racing starts about 15min in
    https://www.facebook.com/12099946128...70590040055785

me racing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYYcJPz3eGs

Pretty short and after the start you can skip to about 6.5mi/15min in and won't miss much

That’s awesome j! For sure you need to move your box to the lower left. Is that a group ride with your crew? We should all jump into a race with you steaming it. Ride On!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Another wed night "cx" race tonight, really fun again. I tried setting up my own livestream and the cheap laptop handled it, but barely. Have a few issues to work out like getting some sound going for me and not just the zwift window and also placing myself in a different corner. The organizer does a stream with a guy commenting and changing camera angles, although he seemed to have missed most of the interesting parts at the front of the race. Even got a discord chat thing going tonight

me racing

Pretty short and after the start you can skip to about 6.5mi/15min in and won't miss much
    Ha! That look after your cross the finish line.

Sweet relief!

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post

me racing

That's awesome! Very cool and congrats.

Also, very nice cornering. heh.

That was cool, thanks for posting.

That’s awesome j! For sure you need to move your box to the lower left. Is that a group ride with your crew? We should all jump into a race with you steaming it. Ride On!
    Yeah this is a good portion of our usual wed night cyclocross group and we are doing these through the group ride/meetup thing which seems to work well. it gives race results and hides everyone else out on the course. I'd definitely be up for scheduling a couple over the winter if we can all come up with a time that works. With the "keep it together" feature there's a rubber band effect where everyone stays with the group as long as they're pedaling.

Hilariously I think the reason for no sound is just that I had my mic muted. Other than that it's pretty straightforward with this free program called OBS studio. You add whatever sources you want, adjust the settings (like resolution, bitrate, audio levels), and then that sends the stream straight to youtube or fb or wherever. If I didn't want the camera overlay facebook will just directly stream a zwift (or whatever) window.

Ok, kids, I am almost ready to start Zwift. This may have been covered, but what is the easiest way to begin?
    Got my Kickr, my Element, and my Tickr.
    What’s next?
    Is there a n00b program to get up and running without jumping into some really hard rides/races and whatnot?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

You don’t need the head unit. Watts, HR, and cadence will be shown on screen.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Download the app, either on phone, tablet, Apple TV (my preference) or PC
    Download the Zwift Companion app to your phone, using it while you have Zwift on another device is the way to go.
    Hop on and start riding. Explore the various worlds.
    Make sure that you are on the Everest Challenge from the start (menu, challenges (or something similar)
    Don't worry about workouts (yet), just get used to the game. Learn about powerups and practice when to use them.

You don’t need the head unit. Watts, HR, and cadence will be shown on screen.
    Will my tickr connect directly to Zwift?
    I think it needs to pair with the Element or my phone or something first?
    Sorry for the dumb q’s.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ok, kids, I am almost ready to start Zwift. This may have been covered, but what is the easiest way to begin?
    Got my Kickr, my Element, and my Tickr.
    What’s next?
    Is there a n00b program to get up and running without jumping into some really hard rides/races and whatnot?
    Just pop into Watopia and pedal around. Don't join a ride yet. Get a feel for up, down, find someone to draft off of, etc.

Any of you mirror cast from your phone to the TV?
    (Ain’t got no Apple)

heh - i'm just using my phone. set it down to sprint...

I like to pick a route. You can sort them by elevation or distance and see them all here

https://zwiftinsider.com/routes/

You get a little badge for each one you do and it lets you not worry about navigating to wherever you want to go.

Tickr should connect automatically. But it all depends on the number of connections being used and the device. For example, i believe my Apple TV only accepts 2 bluetooth connections, depending on the trainer, that could be power and cadence. So HR has to go thru phone via the companion app.
    You'll have to experiment a little. I think I read that the Kickr sends power and cadence in two different channels. In my case, my trainer bundles power and cadence in 1 signal. So...it depends and can get frustrating until you dial it in

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Tips like this are exactly why I am asking, thanks!