Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2663
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Took the plunge on a smart trainer. Zwift store has Kickr Core for 25% off and free shipping if anybody is looking.

Prepping for indoor riding during smoke season already.
    Lol, you live in Northern California too? Last couple of years the smoke has been horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhem View Post
    Lol, you live in Northern California too? Last couple of years the smoke has been horrible.
    Eastern WA. We tend to be a choke point for smoke from NorCal, Oregon, and BC as it finds its way across the northern Rockies. So it’s not always acrid smoke but much of the summer the AQI isn’t great for being outside

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	626.1 KB 
ID:	413832

New bike day!

Nice job!

Now change the Challenge to Italy for the Pinnerello or to Cali for the Specialized.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

New bike day!
    Good damn work.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

New bike day!
    New bike? I can't see past the mid height socks.....

Well done Benny. I ticked over to Tron w/ ~2k to summit of the Alp and haven't done it since.

Thanks guys - I got it on the last leg of the alp so cruised it across the finish line. The mid height socks is for weight savings on the climb!

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

I’ve been using RGT (now owned by Wahoo) for a little while and just started a Wahoo SYSTM training plan. I like RGT better than Zwift. I don’t have the connectivity issues and it doesn’t lag running on my old devices, I’d guess because it does the physics calculations on a server, not on your machine. It doesn’t have the same video game rewards as Zwift but for just getting some indoor cardio, I like it better. There’s also a couple free rides you can always do even if you pause your membership, which is great for outdoor riding season.

Just picked up the Wahoo snap. Going to set it up tomorrow and will see how I like it.
    Looks like fun
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Just got a saris H3. Hoping to get my ass kicked on zwift this fall with the tgr group.

After I ask a ton of stupid questions about how smart trainers work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

So, there gonna be any meetups again this season? Between Covid and injuries I’ve had a shit two months, and with the season right around the corner trying to rebuild my fitness.

Last year was great as I had Friday off but this year it’s Monday. I doubt a TGR Sunday night meetup (if you’re East coast) is in the cards, but riding with others would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    パウダーバカ!!

I about to jump on for the first time in a long while this evening, cold and wet back east today.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

I’m out of town working until Dec 4th. But I have some time to get things setup/sorted now.
    I was hoping to have the first TGR ride set up for the beginning in Dec.
    Last season we did:
    Tuesdays at 6:00pm MST
    Thursdays at 6:00pm EST.
    45-50 minute ride.
    Willing to take suggestions on a better time or better day.

There is a TGR club on Zwift where all who join will see all the events/rides we publish.

I’ll log into Zwift Companion App and get familiar with the system again.
    Here is the link to join the TGR Zwift club:
    https://www.zwift.com/clubs/99e7aed5...f1d2e88b1/home

I’ll answer any questions here, I’ll also douche my inbox if you want to PM me.
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 10-17-2022 at 04:05 PM.

I’m in for Tuesdays, but Thursdays usually won’t work for me.

Looking forward to it.

im still doing ~100mi/wk, been doing a bunch of the workout routines which i find a lot more engaging than races, on the wet coast so later more better for me but my schedule is sporadic at best and will join when i can

q for those with wheel on trainers, how long are tires lasting you?
    ive been going through 4+ a year... which seems excessive, but if i run less tension on trainer it slips and my gearing is already way low for top speed compared to other riders which is frustrating when not in egr mode

Just got a Zwift Hub in an effort to get back in shape. If anyone is riding early morning US time let me know - I'm based in NL for now and will mostly ride between noon and 3pm during the week, a little later on weekends.
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by HellgateBasement View Post
    Just got a Zwift Hub in an effort to get back in shape. If anyone is riding early morning US time let me know - I'm based in NL for now and will mostly ride between noon and 3pm during the week, a little later on weekends.
    When the hell is that in Freedom time?

between 6 and 9am on the East coast.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.

I ride a few times per week (generally) at 5am Eastern. I usually just pick an "event" and hop on at 5.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I am in for another season, Tuesday’s still work well for me.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Just got my stuff all set up. Sold my kickr core and bought super discounted saris h3, have only put about 20min on it but it seems marginally better maybe? quieter, heavier flywheel, a little more stable. More annoying to calibrate and update though because you have to use the saris app which suuuucks and then can't just do a spindown in zwift.

Then my old cx bike has been my trainer bike so that got some new stuff. I had a used 50t chainring from a double on there and needed a front derailleur with the limits turned in to keep the chain from falling off and it only let me use like 8 gears without rubbing. Not ideal so I got a 50t narrow wide along with a new chain and cassette. Aaaaand the sram rings are offset for better chainline so it hit my chainstay and I had to dig through the bin of spacers and chainring bolts for like an hour with a caliper to get it to fit which was annoying. Maybe something like a 48t wolf tooth will fit without spacers but whatever it's on there now.

Also put on the saddle I have for a new mtb build still waiting on parts and new bar tape. Then took it home and set up the shifting on the trainer so I'm ready to go. But weather was really nice so I rode outside instead.
    Last edited by jamal; 11-01-2022 at 09:57 PM.

Maybe I'm searching for a way to not die alone behind everyone on the last lap of our TGR ride BUT anyone ride the Zwift Hare and Hound where C's start then B's then A's? I found them to be a lot of fun and provide a glimmer of hope to us C's as we attempt to stay away from B/As - if we get enough riders in the TGR club maybe we (i.e., DH) could structure one evening for H & H.

Quote Originally Posted by mescalito View Post
    Maybe I'm searching for a way to not die alone behind everyone on the last lap of our TGR ride BUT anyone ride the Zwift Hare and Hound where C's start then B's then A's? I found them to be a lot of fun and provide a glimmer of hope to us C's as we attempt to stay away from B/As - if we get enough riders in the TGR club maybe we (i.e., DH) could structure one evening for H & H.
    I'll see if I can start making it again so everyone can have a backmarker to be ahead of

We on starting next Tuesday 12/6? Need to start getting motivated for basement sessions, weathers been good enough to still be riding outside at least 2-3x a week here, but that's quickly changing.

Also bought an AppleTV instead of my phone to improve it a bit.