Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ma4149 View Post
    I also tweak my W4 throughout the year so I pay much more tax from April through December than I do from December through April.

Not only do I have more money in my paychecks by the end of December the skiing is just starting to get pretty good too.
    Missed this. Is there some accounting talk forum elsewhere on the web, where you're asking for advice that applies to an intermediate-advanced tax filer?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Dude, you have 3 pairs of skis and you’re lucky to hit double digit days each year. Narrow it down to 2, one for the east, one for the west and focus on skiing, not constantly trying to buy more equipment and having to learn how it performs. 100 under foot is plenty for anything out west at your level. Stop buying equipment and GO SKI.

The gear whores here are an exception, stop reading the internet. Most people I know have one or two pairs of skis and they learn to ski them in all conditions. You know why? Because conditions change from top to bottom of the mountain, from run to run and throughout the day. Learn to ski, not go change skis.
    I sold 2 skis and set aside the money for soft snow oriented skis. Buying them won't prevent me from going out west. Right now the only thing preventing me from going out west is a more snowstorm packed 7 day forecast, and giving my knee (which feels much better) a little more time to rest, to be more sure it was just telling me 3 days straight was too much when it swelled up last week.

And skiing the east? Not tomorrow, I was offered OT at work. Maybe I'll go up north after work tomorrow if this current storm will patch up the damage from warm and rain the last few weeks.

You guys gonna keep fucking with me or do you want to help me choose between Salomon QST 106 skis or Atomic Backland FR 109 skis? I'm buying one, I've done a lot of reading, but it would be nice to get even more input before deciding on one.

It's probably pretty damn close to a coin flip but maybe not.

You don't need a wider ski. Both of the skis you have are fine for out west, especially current conditions. If you like the Nordica NRGY 100 that much, just ski it, especially when things get bumped out and choppy. If it happens to snow more than 2 feet while out west, and you will be skiing 2+ feet of fresh powder off piste, then demo or rent a fatter ski for the day.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

You guys gonna keep fucking with me or do you want to help me choose between Salomon QST 106 skis or Atomic Backland FR 109 skis? I'm buying one, I've done a lot of reading, but it would be nice to get even more input before deciding on one.

Could you post a current video of you skiing? That would help.

I vote for everyone fucking with you

what part of red ones do you not understand ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

FFS man even on my non color corrected screen those Salomon's are orange. After a lot of reading which I haven't done there is no way I'd even consider them. Those atomics are partly red though, I've seen them. Definitely red. Although the brown parts are not red in case that bothers you. It doesn't really bother me but then again I've got some red skis with a bit of blue on them and I like them.

If you want to know which skis are red and blue I'd be happy to let you know but I'm concerned that might just confuse you and make you want to buy some red and blue ones.
    But that would be a bad idea and completely unnecessy because those new red and blue skis would just sit around and depreciate because you don't ski enough to make it worth buying them.

TLDR. Flip a coin, either of them will be perfect for what you're looking for which as best as I can tell is wasting money on new skis you don't need, probably don't have the ability to benefit from and certainly don't frequently encounter the conditions that would warrant owning them.

But then again everyone told you that back in 2016 in this thread and probably before that in the other one so I don't understand why we're still engaging in this other than it is kind of amusing.
    But them again you're probably just trolling in which case I applause your persistence and joke is on us.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    But them again you're probably just trolling in which case I applause your persistence and joke is on us.
    As long as the majority of you are dicks I guess I'll keep doing what I can to make the joke on you. But it didn't have to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Definitely red, everyone told you that back in 2016 and probably before that so I don't understand why we're still engaging in this other than it is kind of amusing .
    everyone ^^ is telling OP to get the red ones and that fucjking JONG won't listen

As long as you are dick.But it didn't have to be that way.
    FIFY

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Back for more abuse in between discussion of my "midget sticks"!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    everyone ^^ is telling OP to get the red ones and that fucjking JONG won't listen
    I’m starting to think there is something seriously wrong here. The lure of the red ones is so strong I think it would be difficult to resist for this long. I really wonder if M Jong might just be color blind??
    ma4149 — you ever been tested??

If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Praxis ULLRs +10 width, 194, heavy core w/ carbon, red topsheets (obviously)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

YOU DONT NEED NEW FUCKING SKIS!!!!!!!

If you like the nordicas ski the fucking shit out of them. 100mm is enough for anything you are likely to find on your trips out west. Most of us have something in the 100-110 range as our every day skis. You’re not gonna get 7 days of epic pow every day so don’t fucking sweat it.

If you really want to spend some money then get either. They are probably both great skis that will ski pretty much the exact same as your Nordicas so it doesn’t matter what you get, just don’t waste all morning trying to decide which pair to step into.

I skied 40cm deep today on 97mm mythics and had a blast. I have rustler 11s and protests in the quiver. Neither would have made today any more fun.
    Just go and ski ffs.

Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app

none of you fucking dentists red the last 12 pages

and I don't blame you

cuz its all fucking bullshit

cuz this guy is trolling you

and in the remote possibility that he isnt

he should fuck off anyway

Still M series bullshit, 5 months later

GTFO
    PM me your favorite stashes, I'll send you a pic of skidog's tits

Back for more abuse in between discussion of my "midget sticks"!

Don’t know why I bother, but...

Don’t bring any skis to Utah and just demo some. Then buy what you liked. Boom. Rocket science.

Oh. And have you read the article that wider skis in hardpack fucks up your knees. Mostly due to gapers buying to wide of skis, using shitty form and desperately trying to find days to justify their way to wide skis? Or something like that.

Have you’ve gone to a doctor yet? Figured out propose PT for you fucked up knee?

Or you just trolling there too? Are you that fucking bored with your real life?

I can't remember the right terms/equations from Stat, but is there like a 95% true inverse relationship between disposable income and skiing skill? Or ability to use the internet? Or being a fucking moron? Talk about rising to the level of your own incompetence.
    Someone do me a Pearson's r on that.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Whatever, got the Backland 109’s with Salomon Warden MNC 13 bindings, just because I wanted to. Had the money from skis that you fuckers talked me into selling for being too short. Wasn’t overly convinced that they were too short but they were a little redundant.

You might be able to tell me that I don’t need more skis but you can’t tell me that I got the wrong skis in the wrong length. These will be sweet!

They just so happen to be red!

This shit is too funny.

so you sold skis that you liked because some ass holes you’ve never met on an Internet forum told you to. Now you bought new skis that you’ve never skied and that those same ass holes told you not to buy but you’re convinced that they are the greatest thing ever?

Your skiing should be rad now!

got the Backland 109’s with Salomon Warden MNC 13 bindings,

you can’t tell me that I got the wrong skis in the wrong length.
    But you did.

sell the backland 109s - wrong ski
    keep the bindings; you can use those

this, however, is available & just the thing for you (& available in almost-man length)
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...sically-new-FS

PM NW_SKIER for other tech info on this ski