Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    that happened to a neighbor of mine. parked on an icy driveway and later that night her husband found it ath the base of the driveway in the street, but that was mire sliding on ice than rolling

Nothing quite so scary as coming down a hill to a stop sign and the coefficient of friction is nill. We do have a lot better public works equipment to get after it now a days, but still happens sometimes.

Car Nightmare.......Ugly Meets Speed

It was my first winter in Minnesota with my old Corolla.
    As I was leaving the gym parking lot slight downhill approached and I broke to find out my brake pedal was stuck.
    I panicked and stepped on numerous time to eventually pump it through.
    Next day my Minnesotan co-workers acted like "Oh, you didn't know how to pump your frozen brake line before start driving?".
    You know...
    That was not normal after 8 (not real) winters in Texas.

At a lunch place I frequent there was a Bentley GT parked taking up two spots right in front of the restaurant. Not way out where nobody cares, but right in front in a very busy lot at lunch time. So I am chatting with the owner about what assholes people can be when a beater Toyota pulls up and squeezes into the remaining spot two inches from the Bentley's driver side door, and just walks away. It was classic, unfortunately I wasn't around when the Bentley drive returned, but it must have been great.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Nope.
    He's not pulling out.
    Name:  5633318+_90549341e5033879a611c1aad061a146.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  43.6 KB

I parked a little Renault near a restaurant in some little village in France. When I got back it was in a different (adjacent) spot. No sign of damage or skid marks (parking brake was set).

^^^ Mentos?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I was skiing Mt hood meadows once in snain. Got back to the car and car had slid across the parking lot. Such is mt hood winter.

Parked my old FJ55 next to a snowbank, afternoon warmed up a lot while I was skiing then went drinking and it got dark and cold. I got in to go home around 9pm and didn't think to look at the passenger side closest to the snowbank. Let the clutch out and it didn't go anywhere and I still didn't think to look so revved it up just a bit and popped the clutch and it started moving. All good right? No. Both tires spun off the wheels and stayed frozen to the ground The truck had sunk about 6" into the slush and then it froze hard. I spent hours with a torch melting that shit out so I could get it towed so they could plow the lot that night. Sukked

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Heheh. I did this too in college. Pushed some crapcan that was fully on my Pathfinder's chrome rear bumper and hanging out into traffic in the intersection behind it.
    Did this once myself. Came out of the wetlands music venue I'm NYC and some asshole was right on the bumper of my Jeep. Pushed that fucking thing clear up full onto the sidewalk and left. Thank God this was way before there were cameras everywhere. But yeah good times.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Parked my old FJ55 next to a snowbank, afternoon warmed up a lot while I was skiing then went drinking and it got dark and cold. I got in to go home around 9pm and didn't think to look at the passenger side closest to the snowbank. Let the clutch out and it didn't go anywhere and I still didn't think to look so revved it up just a bit and popped the clutch and it started moving. All good right? No. Both tires spun off the wheels and stayed frozen to the ground The truck had sunk about 6" into the slush and then it froze hard. I spent hours with a torch melting that shit out so I could get it towed so they could plow the lot that night. Sukked
    This is a horror story...

This is what happens when you park like an idiot at REI apparently.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1479584278.893014.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	447.5 KB 
ID:	192931

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    That happens to me at Kirkwood last year only it was a cracked rim. I though the bead broke but unfortunately needed new rim and tires.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    This is what happens when you park like an idiot at REI apparently.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1479584278.893014.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	447.5 KB 
ID:	192931
    Fucking minivan drivers.

Wonder if there was poo under the handles.
    I still call it The Jake.

https://www.facebook.com/RichmondLearnstoPark/?fref=ts

this is a great site^^ lots of pictures of my people coming to Canada and learning to park

Richmond BC is > 50% AZN many of my people have never driven a car when they get here but they have all this laundered money from china so they buy a nice car and park it IN the 7-11
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Skidog - I think I know whose car you pushed. A guy I know got a HUGE ticket for parking his car on the sidewalk one night about a block from Wetlands. He swore he didn't actually leave it there but it's kinda hard to argue that you didn't when your car is across the sidewalk backed up to a building.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I was skiing Mt hood meadows once in snain. Got back to the car and car had slid across the parking lot. Such is mt hood winter.
    Hah - I saw this happen at Meadows about 10 years ago. 'cept it was a sunny day in early spring and an old pickup - 'yota IIRC.

It was parked next to me in the early AM but when I came back at 2pm it was two rows back and up against another vehicle's bumper. The lot started the day as an ice sheet, and sun caused the ice underneath the pickup to break off from the main sheet and started sliding down the lot like an iceflow with truck on top.