Ortovox 3+ or Mammut Element?

Ok so I am going to upgrade the wife's and my beacons. We are currently using BCS Trackers.

I'm stuck between the Ortovox 3+ and the Mammut Element. I love the single AA and ease of use of the 3+ but the receive distance concerns me. My wife really likes how easy the BCA is to use.

On the element I love the receive distance and it gets great reviews all around. I would also consider the pulse for myself and the element for my wife.

Any feedback or suggestions would be awesome. I am kinda stuck at the moment.

Why not stick with BCA and go for a Tracker 2 or 3? I'm sure there are deals out there on the Tracker 2 and it's one of the best beacons out there. You already know and like them. Stick with what works.

Otherwise I'd go for the Mammut hands down. I can't think of a benefit of a beacon using only 1 battery besides it being slightly easier for you to replace it.
    Drive slow, homie.

I was going to go with the tracker 3 but don't like multi burial function on it. Price really isn't an issue so I would rather have the latest technology.

As as for the battery everything else I have (GPS, Headlamp, Radio) uses AA's so I don't have to bring two different kinds of battery's. Not a huge deal but a nice bonus.

Buy the 3 antenna beacon that is easiest for you to use. All other features are secondary.

I read the reviews posted here

http://beaconreviews.com/transceiver...er_reviews.asp

and went with the Element. That review was posted in the thread I started

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ew-Beacon-time

I have it now and I do like the harness and the way it functions. Haven't done a drill yet though

I went from an original Tracker to the Element and love it. Three antenna's and so simple to use. Practice with any of the newer beacons and they are going to be a mega improvement. I actually think the Element is just that perfect mix of old school simplicity and new tech.

Check Ortovox's webpage. they are offering 75.00 off a new 3+ when you trade in your old beacon

I ended up with the 3+. Went and tried them both and the 3+ was just super easy to use.

I like the element and the pulse as well though.

3+ all the way

I have been using Ortovox tranceivers for 15+ years. They are the only true innovators of beacon technology.

good

good

Owning a 3+ and having used an Element, I think I'm going to switch to an Element soon.