Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23

Thread: Truck Tire Time

Just replaced some tires with a slight less burly duratrac knock-off called the Goodyear UltraTerrain. I recommend. Call it a Discount Tire colab if you will as they aren't available elsewhere. I replaced some E rated tires with these in an E rating for towing and didn't realize how stiff my last set with kevlar sidewalls were compared to other E rated tires. These ride much smoother and are quiet given the tread

Truck Tire Time

Blizzaks in F150 are done after 3 seasons, wonít last another winter. Planning on keeping them on the truck through the fall since they still have decent tread left for summer driving.

Anyone know if there are issues towing a wakeboard boat about 400 miles on the p rated tires? Blizzaks are p255/70/r18 I believe. Rated to 2470lbs/tire

Boat is on a double axle trailer, weighs about 5000lbs loaded with camping gear. Obviously e rated Lt tires would sway less and do better, but if I can leave the blizzaks on I will

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Blizzaks in F150 are done after 3 seasons, wonít last another winter. Planning on keeping them on the truck through the fall since they still have decent tread left for summer driving.

Anyone know if there are issues towing a wakeboard boat about 400 miles on the p rated tires? Blizzaks are p255/70/r18 I believe. Rated to 2470lbs/tire

Boat is on a double axle trailer, weighs about 5000lbs loaded with camping gear. Obviously e rated Lt tires would sway less and do better, but if I can leave the blizzaks on I will
    F-150s come from the factory with P-rated tires and rated for towing over 10k (not that you can get there with most trucks before you run out of payload, but marketing). As long as you're within the GVWR and axle limits, I'd expect that to be reasonable. Watch your pressures closely, though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Just replaced some tires with a slight less burly duratrac knock-off called the Goodyear UltraTerrain. I recommend. Call it a Discount Tire colab if you will as they aren't available elsewhere. I replaced some E rated tires with these in an E rating for towing and didn't realize how stiff my last set with kevlar sidewalls were compared to other E rated tires. These ride much smoother and are quiet given the tread

Saw those recently. Thatís a serious consideration for the superduty. Looks a lot like the BFG KO2.

Got a couple chucks taken out of my BFG KO2 tire sidewall recently. Still driving on it, but kinda worried. they are maybe 1/8" deep. Tires are about 1 year old. Would you a) not worry about it till I start losing air? b) Replace immediately with a new tire? c) Try to find a similarly worn used tire? d) other

^^^ Would rotate it to one of the rear positions if it's not already there and then drive it like you stole it.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Got a couple chucks taken out of my BFG KO2 tire sidewall recently. Still driving on it, but kinda worried. they are maybe 1/8" deep. Tires are about 1 year old. Would you a) not worry about it till I start losing air? b) Replace immediately with a new tire? c) Try to find a similarly worn used tire? d) other
    have you been rotating 5 tires (including spare) or 4 tires to this point?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    have you been rotating 5 tires (including spare) or 4 tires to this point?
    This is a good question. I'd also ask what your driving habits are; if you regularly drive rocky Forest service-type roads, the risk of hitting one of the vulnerable spots again seems a lot higher than if you generally stick to pavement, plus the downside is a lot smaller if you have a failed tire on the road versus eighteen miles from nowhere, on a steep trail without a good spot to jack up the truck.

Middle road, IMO, is to make the damaged tire a spare and put a new tire on, but only if you don't already have a comparable spare (occasionally I get nervous about my spare being an HT tire that would really suck to need in rough conditions). Again, YMMV depending on your driving environment.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Think I'd go with "b"......after food & water.