Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1600

Thread: Truck Tire Time

Right now, I am running 285 65R/20. Blizzaks do not come in this size. Not sure about Nokian.
    If I buy new rims, I can go down to 17s. Probably a lot more avail.

this is something to think about
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Right now, I am running 285 65R/20. Blizzaks do not come in this size. Not sure about Nokian.
    If I buy new rims, I can go down to 17s. Probably a lot more avail.

this is something to think about
    Nokian makes their LT3 in Raptor size: LT315/70R17

An all terrain tire doesn’t perform as well as a dedicated winter tire? Mind bottleing…..

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    An all terrain tire doesn’t perform as well as a dedicated winter tire? Mind bottleing…..
    .Name:  whoa.jpeg
Views: 834
Size:  15.4 KB

I need some new tires for the old 4Runner and am between the Michelin Defender LTX M/S or Toyo Open Country AT3 both in P metric. The Michelins seem to be very well regarded, while the Toyos seem to be a refresh of an older model. I’m particularly interested in hearing what the real world experience has been for the Toyos for those of you running them.

This vehicle has been relegated to 2nd car status, especially in the winter. Snow performance is important as we live in the Tahoe area but we have an AWD wagon with snows that serves as our primary ski vehicle.

Can't speak for Toyo Open Country AT3, but AT2 was total garbage to me. They were noisy and would slip even on wet road. Currently running Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT as my spring-fall tire and like it much better, but have Blizzaks waiting for winter weather to set in.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Utah mags, check gear swap if you need tires this winter. I took off some Michelin LTX AT2 tires and offering to the board before i put them on KSL.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Utah mags, check gear swap if you need tires this winter. I took off some Michelin LTX AT2 tires and offering to the board before i put them on KSL.
    GODDAMMIT. About 3 months too late. Those are really good tires...

Anyone here run a Mesa AP3 tire?

Currently have Big O Bigfoot AT on my 3rd gen 4runner.. really like them, got a quote a couple weeks ago for another set but prices went up by more than $100 when I went to order today.. the Mesas will be much almost $150 cheaper, but wont have quite as aggressive of tread or as many miles on the warranty.

Mesa has 50k warranty
    Big O has 60k warranty.. and I've been able to get just about 60k out of my current Big Os.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    Anyone here run a Mesa AP3 tire?

Currently have Big O Bigfoot AT on my 3rd gen 4runner.. really like them, got a quote a couple weeks ago for another set but prices went up by more than $100 when I went to order today.. the Mesas will be much almost $150 cheaper, but wont have quite as aggressive of tread or as many miles on the warranty.

Mesa has 50k warranty
    Big O has 60k warranty.. and I've been able to get just about 60k out of my current Big Os.

Running 235/85/16 if anyone has an AT tire that they like in that size.. just want something that handles the highway and snow as well as the current Big Os, was recommended Coopers, Yokohama, Goodyear, BFGoodrich, and Toyo..

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    Running 235/85/16 if anyone has an AT tire that they like in that size.. just want something that handles the highway and snow as well as the current Big Os, was recommended Coopers, Yokohama, Goodyear, BFGoodrich, and Toyo..
    The mesas are a cheap tire and will likely show that in winter conditions.

The Yokohama g015s really impressed me on the wife's Rav4, I also like the General Grabber A/Tx. My Cooper AT3s didn't do well after they got some miles on them, but they now make the AT3 4s which is supposed to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    The mesas are a cheap tire and will likely show that in winter conditions.

The Yokohama g015s really impressed me on the wife's Rav4, I also like the General Grabber A/Tx. My Cooper AT3s didn't do well after they got some miles on them, but they now make the AT3 4s which is supposed to be better.
    I appreciate the response.. I will probably end up going with Bigfoots again.. I have a full size spare, know the tire and how long it lasts, and the warranty through Big O is worth the extra price if something shitty ever happens.

Just absolutely insane how tire prices go up every day.. the guy told me they have to check tire prices every day now because they go up literally every day.

Anyone have experience with the Wrangler ultraterrain? Similar to duratrac, only available at discount tire. About to pull the trigger on a set of e rated to use year round. I know ride quality will suffer with the e rated. But putting a camper on the truck come next spring. Company work trucks going up and down LCC daily roll on duratracs and work well in snow. I’d get duratracs, but the e rated tires are back ordered until who knows when.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Truck Tire Time

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Anyone have experience with the Wrangler ultraterrain? Similar to duratrac, only available at discount tire. About to pull the trigger on a set of e rated to use year round. I know ride quality will suffer with the e rated. But putting a camper on the truck come next spring. Company work trucks going up and down LCC daily roll on duratracs and work well in snow. I’d get duratracs, but the e rated tires are back ordered until who knows when.

Had them on my work truck. They were solid in all conditions I found in them, as a year round technician working in rural Washington. Didn’t use them to drive to the hill, but I’d say they’re a great all conditions tire.

eta. I wouldn’t hesitate to drive them year round in the Wasatch.
    Last edited by jackattack; 11-13-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Just got 45,000 on a set of ridge grapplers from nitto. 35x12.50/18 f ply on my super duty and they were still inspectable when they came off. Probably could of gotten another 10k out of them before they were to the ware bars. That’s some killer mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post

There's also the Wrangler Authority, sold only through Walmart. I considered those awhile back for the old truck. Another kinda-like-a Duratrac tire.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear-...-Tire/36276799
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Just got fresh Hakkapeliitta LT3s on for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    They are the best! I had two sets in a row. Not a super high mileage tire but so good in the snow. I decided to try the Nokian Rotiiva AT+ this time around. They are not a dedicated snow tire but do get the snowflake rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    Studded?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Studded. I loved the LT2s studded. I got 3 winters out of them, probably could have had a fourth, but I didn’t want to get caught mid season, soI sold them to someone who gets a lot less winter mileage. They were still 50% with half their studs. I had about 30k on them. This time around I set my trip odometer to keep track of actual miles on them.

as we approach april 1, i'm thinking about all seasons as my previous ones are close enough to done
    3/4ton mercan long bed crew 4x
    more highway miles than gravel
    but gravel features heavily for destinations
    zero truly off-road/wheeling
    would like MS rating to handle spring mountain access after stud season is over but snow season persists

reccos?
    just get KO2s?

Truck Tire Time

Michelin LTX. Basically slightly more aggressive than a full highway tire, great in light snow, wear like iron.

Technically it says “AT” on the sidewall so you won’t get made fun of. Don’t get KO2 for the useage you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    as we approach april 1, i'm thinking about all seasons as my previous ones are close enough to done
    3/4ton mercan long bed crew 4x
    more highway miles than gravel
    but gravel features heavily for destinations
    zero truly off-road/wheeling
    would like MS rating to handle spring mountain access after stud season is over but snow season persists

reccos?
    just get KO2s?
    I've said it before and i'll say it again. Faulken Wildpeaks. They rate as high or higher in most categories compared to the big names and can be found cheaper because they're not one of the big brands

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    I've said it before and i'll say it again. Faulken Wildpeaks. They rate as high or higher in most categories compared to the big names and can be found cheaper because they're not one of the big brands
    i'm all for cheaper, but they seem to be similar price range
    checking discount tire
    falken a/t3w $275/ea
    falken ht ht02HD $257/ea (on backorder)
    michelin ltx a/t2 $252/ea
    bfgoodrich all terrain T/A KO2 $259/ea

Got wild peaks on wife's SUV now for about 1k miles. So far so good. No real opportunity to test in very gnarly conditions.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk