Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck Tire Time

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Having used Duratracs on a couple different vehicles, I can say the Dynapro ATM gives up little or anything to the Duratrac in anything but deep mud. I found them to have fantastic winter traction. Snowflake symbol. I think they may be a little better on packed snow and icey roads. Very nice siping. Quieter and less expensive. Made in Korea by real Koreans.
    This is a solid suggestion.

deep mud
    This is going on a big man truck, gotta have the mudders on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    This is going on a big man truck, gotta have the mudders on there.
    Of course, why not have tires that are too heavy and noisy.

Of course, why not have tires that are too heavy and noisy.
    Obviously need to step up to 40" Trepador bias

Name:  maxxis-trepador-bias-2015709_b_d514e31716dd67b1.jpg
Views: 1669
Size:  73.4 KB

Made in Korea by real Koreans.
    Which Korea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Obviously need to step up to 40" Trepador bias

Name:  maxxis-trepador-bias-2015709_b_d514e31716dd67b1.jpg
Views: 1669
Size:  73.4 KB
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOO FUCK YEAH MUTHA FUCKA!!!! AND MAY GOD FUCKIN' BLESS FUCKIN' AMERICA!!! SHIT DAMN HOWDY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by esseff View Post
    Uneven wear on two of four although the tires were rotated every 5k (that's what the guy told me that changes my oil) on a 4WD (technically AWD).

I replaced them with the Wildpeak A/T3W. I have not really noticed an increase in road noise, but have found the tires unstoppable w/car/tire combo.
    I have been running the Wildpeaks this winter as well on my F150. Meh on ice, but really good in deep, heavy, crusty, whatever snow and slush. Highway noise isn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOO FUCK YEAH MUTHA FUCKA!!!! AND MAY GOD FUCKIN' BLESS FUCKIN' AMERICA!!! SHIT DAMN HOWDY!!!!
    I see eburg is starting to rub off on you. I bet you want an AR15 now too.

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    Those are gonna look awesome on the Mazda!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

JUST ONE OF THEM SUMBITCHES?!

For now I'm sticking with my 2 revolvers, .270 mountain rifle and Mossy Persuader, although I might get a muzzleloader before fall

Ok, here's a new one. 2015 F150 4x4 with stock 275/65R18's and I'm looking to go a hair bigger. Split between KO2's in 275/75R18 or 285/65R18. The beef is BFG doesn't recommend mounting the 285 onto an 8.5" rim. I've seen them and they looked pretty sharp.

What will give me the best handling on the highway i.e. least sidewall wallow. Realistically either tire will well exceed my needs for traction so this becomes a decision of giving up the least on the pavement and while towing. Throw out your thoughts.

Another 2015 F-150

Quote Originally Posted by Breomonkey View Post
    Ok, here's a new one. 2015 F150 4x4 with stock 275/65R18's and I'm looking to go a hair bigger. Split between KO2's in 275/75R18 or 285/65R18. The beef is BFG doesn't recommend mounting the 285 onto an 8.5" rim. I've seen them and they looked pretty sharp.

What will give me the best handling on the highway i.e. least sidewall wallow. Realistically either tire will well exceed my needs for traction so this becomes a decision of giving up the least on the pavement and while towing. Throw out your thoughts.
    Same boat here but next fall probably.

Want to get rid of the dumb highway tires that came with my truck.

Do you plan to level the front end? I am also concerned about rub at full lock.

Quote Originally Posted by born2snowboard99 View Post
    Same boat here but next fall probably.

Want to get rid of the dumb highway tires that came with my truck.

Do you plan to level the front end? I am also concerned about rub at full lock.
    I did do a 1.5" level and in my eyes it seems perfect. From what I've read, the tire combos above shouldn't cause a problem.

I had the dealer install some 275/70/18 BFG's before I picked it up. Got them to give $600 for the stockers towards the BFG's. Have just over 7,000 miles on them and very happy.

Sweet! Same color as me, but I'm a 5.5' box and have tow mirrors. I guess you can't compare to the stockers, but they look great. I wish I could have pulled that deal with my dealer. Any chance you have a shot from the front or rear? How square is the profile of tread to sidewall? I find I like the look of a squarer setup.

I figured I'd start here. I recently bought a 2003 Tundra that had newish wheels and tires, but I wanted something different. Anyhow, I'm looking to sell them for $600. They are Pathfinder Sport SAT P265/70 R17 with MB Wheels. 6 lug, 139.7 diameter and 15mm offset. Here's a picture. I live between Sac and Tahoe off hwy 50.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0766.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	203622

Name:	IMG_0767.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	203623

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    I figured I'd start here. I recently bought a 2003 Tundra that had newish wheels and tires, but I wanted something different. Anyhow, I'm looking to sell them for $600. They are Pathfinder Sport SAT P265/70 R17 with MB Wheels. 6 lug, 139.7 diameter and 15mm offset. Here's a picture. I live between Sac and Tahoe off hwy 50.

Name:	IMG_0766.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	203622

Name:	IMG_0767.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	203623
    Nice looking wheels. Tires looks pretty new too. Shame you're so far. I been looking for some 17" to upgrade my tundra.

Free bump

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    This is a solid suggestion.
    I got about 5 years and 70k miles on Dynapro ATMS before I decided they were too worn for deep snow. Great tire for my 08' Tacoma in the factory 245/70/16 tire size. Now Running Bridgestone Revo 2s and am not as satisfied with snow traction, tread depth, and longevity, but the price was right at Costco. The Revo 2s are fine for city driving and light gravel roads, but lack bite in snow and mud compared to the ATMs.
    Last edited by critical-motion; 04-03-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Costco carries KO2s now. That'd be my choice as a Costco truck tire, no question.

(Assume ^^^ purchased before KO2s available?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Yes, I'd have gone with the K02s had they been available. They make the Revo 2 seem very pedestrian in comparison.

24k on my Duratracs now and they're still kicking ass. Great treadwear too, as good as I've had on my truck.

After getting stuck at BBI17, I bought a set of Duratrac's for my truck. They are a significant improvement in all conditions over the OEM Michelin LTX. IMO the truck rides better at the same or higher tire pressure, with only a minor increase in road noise. Looking forward to plenty of FS roads this summer with the camper.

Michelin should be shot for marketing the LTX as an A/T tire. Complete garbage in mud, ice and snow.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    After getting stuck at BBI17, I bought a set of Duratrac's for my truck. They are a significant improvement in all conditions over the OEM Michelin LTX. IMO the truck rides better at the same or higher tire pressure, with only a minor increase in road noise. Looking forward to plenty of FS roads this summer with the camper.

Michelin should be shot for marketing the LTX as an A/T tire. Complete garbage in mud, ice and snow.
    First thing we did when we bought our used Tacoma was ditch the Michelin LTX for Dynapro ATM.

Just throwing this out there - did anyone who switched from the old BFG AT to the new AT (K02) experience a loss in MPG to the tune of about 2MPG? It's going to take me a couple more months to make a definitive call on this.