Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck Tire Time

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    2009 - 2014 F150 manual says no chains on certain size tires. I have 275/65R18 on a 2014 and RUD 4x4 grip chains allow clearance on the rear, but that's keeping them tight, low speeds, and limited use so I can't say if it could be problematic under different conditions. They are pretty close to the brake line but if kept tight look it wouldn't be problematic at low speeds.

Famous last words!!

I see quite a few folks running those around here, they are nice looking tires. Might have to give those a go when my Falkens need replaced. I like the Falkens because they have the snowflake if ever checked in another state that requires that over a pass, etc.
    Toyos, like the contractors in the muck boots and flat brims that run them, are flakey AF!

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Toyos, like the contractors in the muck boots and flat brims that run them, are flakey AF!
    Lots of wetland tromping in my muck boots, they excel at that. NO flat brimmed damn hats though!

You can get the General Grabber Arctic LT in a 10 ply version. Not much sidewall protection though.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Decided to go with the Blizzak LT's for my 4Runner in the 255/75R17 size. I have KO2's in the 275/70R17 for my summer tires, so this will keep the diameter the same while being slightly narrower. I was thinking about the Hakka's, but I feel like studs are hard to justify in Colorado with how much dry road driving you do in the winter here.

I'm sure they'll perform well, but I'm curious to see how they hold up.
    Hakkas don’t have to be studded. They make both with or without. Around here the rule of thumb is 60 f or above in regular temps is no bueno on snows. Anything below it generally is menial wear. Your mileage may literally vary though and these are old timer wive tails.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Just put some new Michelin LTX Defenders on my 4Runner. Last pair lasted 5 years (about 65k + miles)and still had plenty of tread left but wanted new ones.

Snow tires aren’t needed where I live and 92% of my driving is pavement so these are perfect for year round

Attachment 345532

Well ain’t this a bitch.

300 miles on the new tires and a fucking nail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1605826605.983531.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	348788

Heading to Les Schwab tomorrow, hopefully repairable. If not I have a warranty but would have to deal with the assholes at Big O Tires for the replacement.

Center tread, should be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Yea. That’s my hope. There’s some cheap repair kits for this but I’d rather let a pro do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Yep, they will plug it, and you will be all good.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Yea. That’s my hope. There’s some cheap repair kits for this but I’d rather let a pro do it.

Very common repair, I have had numerous nails pulled and plugged over the years. Yes, let a shop do it.

Good skill to learn to do yourself in non emergency time.

its funny to me that the way a tire is plugged is by first making a much larger hole

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Truck Tire Time

Well ain’t this a bitch.

300 miles on the new tires and a fucking nail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1605826605.983531.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	348788

Heading to Les Schwab tomorrow, hopefully repairable. If not I have a warranty but would have to deal with the assholes at Big O Tires for the replacement.

Shout out to Les Schwab. They fixed it for free and I didn’t even buy the tires there.

It wasn’t a nail but a broken piece of tire chain.

Shout out to Les Schwab. They fixed it for free and I didn’t even buy the tires there.

It wasn’t a nail but a broken piece of tire chain.
    They do rock for this reason

too bad the family didn't have anyone who wanted to keep it going...i suspect it won't go on for long when they're sold off

Shit. I was just about to give them all my future business even though they don’t carry Michelin.

America’s tire / discount tire (same company) has a similar free simple repair service as LS, sells all the brands LS doesn’t, price matches to online retailers (tirerack), and has an full-life no questions asked warranty for like $20 per wheel.

If there is one in your hood there is no reason not to buy from them....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Discount Tire is good. When I lived in Kirkland that was my shop. Now I’m out in Snoqualmie so North Bend Les Schwab is best.

Big O Tires in Issaquah is pretty shitty if you ask me. Unmasked rep at the register, scratched up my rims doing my alignment, left all that white shit all over outside of my new tires. Not to mention the overall attitude they give you when you walk in is “shit, you’re making me work” kinda cold shoulder. Done with that place.

Big O Tires in Issaquah is pretty shitty if you ask me.
    That's disappointing to hear. I bought tires from them for the first time back in February and they were great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That's disappointing to hear. I bought tires from them for the first time back in February and they were great.
    Just my experience with 2 recent visits, I’m sure they’re fine overall. I’m not going to be a dick or anything and leave them a bad review on Yelp.

I just had a pretty good experience with Discount Tire. They were cheaper than Les Schwab on Nokian LT3's (neither shop stocked but could order). Also, they messed up on getting them in when they said they would & further discounted the install totally unprompted. Despite the delay in getting tires on the vehicle, the owning of the issue and the pricing both have got me satisfied.

I had a brand new pair of Michelins get a huge nail a couple years ago with about 500 miles. Must be a natural law or something.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Big Os are independently owned to my knowledge. I buy my tires from one and they’re great. Next one over also has a good reputation.

Discount Tire has always treated me well, even as mentioned, repairing tires for free that I didn't buy there, and replacing a tire I did buy there but didn't buy the road hazard warranty.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Who has 19.5s with snowflake tires? Thinking of upgrading but neither the Rickson nor Vision buying experience inspires confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    You can get the General Grabber Arctic LT in a 10 ply version. Not much sidewall protection though.
    Agreed, but in the winter...that which is a minus in spring-fall adds to traction, added to the fact that the tread obviously gives more in a winter tire.
    It's my Grabber Arctic's second winter and the tire hasn't lost any traction, although we'll see if/when we get 12"+...(whatever she's said..;-)).

What tire am I? Need 275 55 20 or damn close [20 x 9 wheel] Tundra 4x4

Read avg to mixed reviews on new to me Bridgstone factory tires - Dueler HL Alenza.. Ordering wheel set. Dump these tires or mount em up?

Priorities in order
    -Wet weather performance
    -handling performance
    -road noise
    -snow performance
    -wear life
    -off road capabilities

Any thoughts or experience specific to that tire range appreciated. It’s seems like a broad ask but this tire size rolls off the line on all Tahoe variants, some Tundra, and more.