Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1600

Thread: Truck Tire Time

Anybody have real-life experience with the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 - looking specifically at winter performance... decent?

Just slapped 275/60/20 (33s) Duratracs on my F150… should work well this winter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4390.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	383053

Name:	IMG_4391.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	383054

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I might try Blizzak LTs for the winter. Reviews are limited but the gist is that they drive really well on snow and ice but have shit wear. Costco has them for cheap though and wear problems could have been limited to early production.

Also ended up getting a smaller trailer, 4500 lbs dry so maybe 6k loaded. GVWR is still 7k though.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I'm currently on Cooper Discoverer AT3 with half of the tread. Not sure if I should get Blizzaks as dedicated winter tires and keep Coopers for the rest of the year or get a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3W and keep them year round? Don't do a lot of hardcore wheeling, fire roads at best in summer and highway the rest of the year.
    Located in Wasatch front.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

If this thread has taught us anything it's that winter tires are winter tires and AT tires are not winter tires. So, do you want winter tires?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

If this thread has taught us anything pt II, yes, you do

Name:	C7EB3F35-A2C3-4F45-8408-7662F7D796A7.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	274.4 KB 
ID:	385757

Right now I am rolling on BF good rich all terrain TA K02 tires they say all-terrain but they also say that they are severe snow service rated. I don’t think that I will switch this winter
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post

Right now I am rolling on BF good rich all terrain TA K02 tires they say all-terrain but they also say that they are severe snow service rated. I don’t think that I will switch this winter
    The KO2 is the best non dedicated winter tire I have run.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    If this thread has taught us anything pt II, yes, you do
    Eh, I'd say it depends on where you live and how frequently you drive on snow vs pavement.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    If this thread has taught us anything it's that winter tires are winter tires and AT tires are not winter tires. So, do you want winter tires?
    I religiously swap the the tires for Blizzaks on my wife's Tiguan when temperature drops to 35 at night, but her stock tires are street. We don't get much snow in the valley along I-15. (Or not often enough to make snow tires mandatory). Last winter I spent on Wildpeak AT3W mostly on highways and it seems a bit overkill.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Currently on some Wildpeak AT3Ws on my 4runner and just about done after 50K. Looking to swap tires before winter comes. I've read about two posts for the Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus in this thread https://www.nokiantires.com/all-season-tires/nokian-rotiiva-at-plus/ Anyone else have any experiences? I live near the CA coast and drive up to Tahoe so unfortunately can't really do a full snow tire. I occasionally drive forest service roads but not a hard core offroader. Snow traction is my primary concern along with surviving the warmer temperatures of home. Anything else I should be looking at?

Side note, anyone order tires from walmart? They seem to be one of two places with the size I need in stock of the Nokians (no good local dealers) but only ship to home not to store?

50k is a good run. Didn’t like the wildpeaks?

I’d look into an all weather tire like the nokian wr g4 if snow grip is important but can’t go full winter compound. Will do somewhat better than rotiiva

I run Goodyear ultra terrains in summer/and Nokian r2 studless in winter. Big fans of both

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    Currently on some Wildpeak AT3Ws on my 4runner and just about done after 50K. Looking to swap tires before winter comes. I've read about two posts for the Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus in this thread https://www.nokiantires.com/all-season-tires/nokian-rotiiva-at-plus/ Anyone else have any experiences? I live near the CA coast and drive up to Tahoe so unfortunately can't really do a full snow tire. I occasionally drive forest service roads but not a hard core offroader. Snow traction is my primary concern along with surviving the warmer temperatures of home. Anything else I should be looking at?

Side note, anyone order tires from walmart? They seem to be one of two places with the size I need in stock of the Nokians (no good local dealers) but only ship to home not to store?
    I bought those tires as mentioned in that thread, but haven't driven on them yet. They're going to be my winter set for the truck.

I ordered through Walmart and they were delivered to the local store. Made an appointment for installation, and the tire shop did it. I've had Walmart mount and balance tires for years, they're fine. They used to be a lot cheaper than Discount Tire, but not anymore - unless you buy the tires from Walmart, and then it's cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

The wildpeaks were great in fresh or softer snow but I found them a little lacking when it got packed down and icy. Highway noise also was not great which unfortunately is most of my driving. So was looking for something a bit less off-roady, hence the rotiivas. The wr g4's look interesting too. I have to be honest with myself about how much I actually get into something more than a rough gravel road and it ended up being not as much as I expected. I got the AT3Ws as my first tire after a move from the east coast and was a little optimistic about my free time.

Edit: Looks like the wrg4s only come up to size 265/60R18. That's stock but I have 275/65R18 AT3Ws now so it would be a downsize.

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    I had a set of Rotiiva's on a Tacoma Double Cab 4WD. They are good for one winter season with new tread. After that, not so great. They are good in wet conditions. I did some light off roadiing with them, and no issues. I changed them out after about 40k miles of mixed driving. I ended up getting a dedicated winter tire after a few slips and slides the 2nd winter.

As we have all learned from this thread, a dedicated winter tire works better than an AT 3PMS designated tire in winter conditions.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

That may be fine for the first winter… but once they have some miles on them, the grip will rapidly deteriorate. I run them 3 seasons on my tundra and find they don’t stop or turn very well on off camber slippery descents. Also If you’re used to running snows then you’ll find the Ko2 are shockingly bad at these activities.

Blizzaks go on my truck as soon as it starts snowing. I picked up a new set last year so I’ll be super grippy this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    That may be fine for the first winter… but once they have some miles on them, the grip will rapidly deteriorate. I run them 3 seasons on my tundra and find they don’t stop or turn very well on off camber slippery descents. Also If you’re used to running snows then you’ll find the Ko2 are shockingly bad at these activities.

Blizzaks go on my truck as soon as it starts snowing. I picked up a new set last year so I’ll be super grippy this winter!
    Huh, exact opposite of my experience with the KO2. I actually didn’t buy winter tires the three winters I ran them. First time in a long time I didn’t have a dedicated winter set up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Huh, exact opposite of my experience with the KO2. I actually didn’t buy winter tires the three winters I ran them. First time in a long time I didn’t have a dedicated winter set up.
    Yeah, me too. I’m currently running Nokians in the winter though because I do more highway driving then and save the KO2s for summer. Makes em last longer too.

Huh. The tires are new. This winter, I plan on driving the truck throughout the intermountain west, but with current tread I can't imagine any non-studded winter tires doing better than the K02.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Wait, so like all tires when the tread depth decreases, the performance drops off? I'm shocked!

Huh. The tires are new. This winter, I plan on driving the truck throughout the intermountain west, but with current tread I can't imagine any non-studded winter tires doing better than the K02.
    This is true in new snow but that glazed hardpack that you get in the non-salted states is noticeably better with snow tires.

Haven't y'all learned anything?

The KO2 is the pinnacle of tire technology. Nothing out there compares.

Granted, the KO2 does have the snowflake and does pretty well in snowy conditions. However,
    You might try to wrap your brain around it because a set of blizzak snow tires are night and day difference from the BFG, particularly for stopping and steering on slippery surfaces. It Has to do with the rubber compound on the snow tire. It’s extremely soft and grippy as you might imagine and it does a much better job in the scenarios described.

I have done a direct comparison between the two on my tundra and the difference (even when the BFG were brand new) is significant. I live in Brighton and drive on steep, snow covered roads literally every day but yeah YMMV.

It Has to do with the rubber compound on the snow tire…
    And how heavily siped a true winter tire is. Take a look at how many sipes are on something like a Blizzak LT compared to a KO2.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Nokians in the winter …….. KO2s for summer.
    This is the way