Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1600

Thread: Truck Tire Time

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Wildpeak AT3. Such a versatile tire.
    That’s what I put on my rav4 and they have been great

I just put a set of Toyo Open Country ATs on my old Jeep and I feel like I just put on some really good shoes. The Jeep drives way better than w the Goodrich’s I had previously and I liked just fine. These are a noticeable upgrade imo

I’m putting these on my travel trailer (in an LT rating) this summer. Reviews are so solid on this tire.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Truck Tire Time

Need new tires on the tundra this year. BFG ko2 was top of list but maybe I should consider he wildpeak at3? Needs to be e-rated to haul the camper.

I’m running 275/70r18 Nokians in winter with a 12 offset wheel. I have a deal on methods but the wheel offset is either 0 or 35! for the 17”. Any recommendations for a comparable tire size? I’d prefer if it weren’t totally stanced out like a bro dozer.

Put these on my Tacoma back in October and I’ve been super happy with them. Best snow performance I’ve seen in a all-season tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truck Tire Time

Quote Originally Posted by PinyonJuniper5 View Post
    Best snow performance I’ve seen in a all-season tire.
    The reviews universally state that it has the best wet and snow traction of any year-round 3PMSF rated AT tire - yours included!

Seems like if your needs are more off road in the summer than having awesome wet and snow traction, the KO2s may have the edge in that regard. And Costco carries the KO2, awesome warranty, nitrogen fill, cheapest installed price. But the Discount Tire pricing on Falkens isn’t bad by any means.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Need new tires on the tundra this year. BFG ko2 was top of list but maybe I should consider he wildpeak at3? Needs to be e-rated to haul the camper.

I’m running 275/70r18 Nokians in winter with a 12 offset wheel. I have a deal on methods but the wheel offset is either 0 or 35! for the 17”. Any recommendations for a comparable tire size? I’d prefer if it weren’t totally stanced out like a bro dozer.
    Check out the size list on here. They have E rated sizes all the way down to 15” (what I will use on my trailer). At 17” it’s load index 121 which I think is way over the RAWR of any Tundra. Up to load index 129 with 18”!

https://www.falkentire.com/wildpeak/at3w

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    The reviews universally state that it has the best wet and snow traction of any year-round 3PMSF rated AT tire - yours included!
    I haven’t read reviews. Have the reviews or peoples’ experience gone past winter #1?

I have the cooper at-w, which was a 3PMSF rated AT tire as my “summer tires” to now be replaced. I was impressed with their winter performance for their first two winters, but definitely not the third and fourth. Currently, I’m finishing my 4th winter with true winter tires, studded winterforce, and I remain impressed with their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I haven’t read reviews. Have the reviews or peoples’ experience gone past winter #1?
    Great question. Some of the chatter on my RV towing forums is that the tread wear on those tires is really impressive (the 3 Ws Falken was going for was wet, winter, and wear) but not a lot of folks in those forums are regularly towing or driving unloaded in the snow.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

295/70/17 is a smidge wider and taller, albeit with a lot more sidewall.

I'm planning to go to that size on my summer tires from the 275/70/18 I currently run on my f150, but I haven't quite decided on tire and rim yet. 0 offset would provide better clearance and allow bigger tires if wanted to in the future, but will probably look dozerish, especially if I buy the tires I want emotionally rather than the ones that make sense rationally.

Truck Tire Time

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Great question. Some of the chatter on my RV towing forums is that the tread wear on those tires is really impressive (the 3 Ws Falken was going for was wet, winter, and wear) but not a lot of folks in those forums are regularly towing or driving unloaded in the snow.
    Thanks. I believe the “W” of the Cooper At-W stood for “winter.”

The tire that I’m looking at is available in both p-metric and lt versions with the deeper tread and higher max weight being the differences on paper. Are there any other functional differences? Does the higher load rating make the sidewalls more durable to rocks? I’ve torn one side wall on an all season in my van in the middle of no where, which sucked, and clipped a rock on the sidewalk in my land cruiser that resulted in a sidewalk bulge/delamination with the p-metric copper AT tires. My current thought is to get the LT version because of added tread depth with the compromise of a harsher ride, which we may not notice. Thoughts?

Looking through tire rack, the toyo open country a/t III also looks interesting….

So ko2, open country a/t III, and wild peak at3w…. Are reviewers finding huge functional differences/experiences?

The tire that I’m looking at is available in both p-metric and lt versions with the deeper tread and higher max weight being the differences on paper. Are there any other functional differences? Does the higher load rating make the sidewalls more durable to rocks? … My current thought is to get the LT version because of added tread depth with the compromise of a harsher ride, which we may not notice. Thoughts?
    No idea, I’ve never run an LT rated tire on a passenger SUV but your assumptions seem right to me. Also make note of the higher weight of the LT version. I’ve got to believe that you will take a measurable fuel economy hit going to the LT version, if that is at all a concern on par with durability in tough conditions. Inflation pressure may be different between the P vs LT as well, I would look at the manufacturer’s load inflation chart and maybe try GVWR divided by 4 as a starting point and adjust from there?

So ko2, open country a/t III, and wild peak at3w…. Are reviewers finding huge functional differences/experiences?
    Those are the three that seem to have the most love and attention in forums! Cooper has also updated the Discoverer line from what I can see, it may have been improved.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Truck Tire Time

Oh yeah, Nokian has a new year round 3PMSF AT tire called the Outpost. Made in the US I think. Not sure on sizes and ratings - I think they are targeting SUV segment on that one.

https://www.adventure-journal.com/20...ture-rig-tire/

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

FYI, eBay has $200 off $1000 tire purchase through tomorrow. The discount is $150 under $1000. Discount tires sells through eBay and last time I bought tires they had the same promotion going and I just took a screen shot of my cart showing the final price and my local DT had no problem matching the price.

I bought Toyo opencountry At3’s last fall. If I remember correctly they got better reviews for off-road, but not quite as good on snow, as the Falken. Since I run snow tires the off road performance was more important to me.

I haven’t read reviews. Have the reviews or peoples’ experience gone past winter #1? .
    Just finishing up winter number 2 and have seen no degradation in traction. Between Utah driving snow and FS roads, a week in -20* Bozeman on ice covered roads and a Wyoming trip with similar weather and ice roads, I’ve been extremely happy with Wildpeaks.
    They are loud doing 80 mph on Utah freeways but that’s part of the game with these burly all seasons.

I have 31k on mine as of now. Third winter. I don’t drive a ton in snow, but I have never had any issues here in OR or in Utah/Idaho where I spend a fair bit of time in the winters. Probably have another summer or driving on them and I’ll replace them before winter next year.

I decided to go for what I want rather than what actually makes sense for most of my driving, so we'll see how the Milestar Patagonia M/T 2 does in real world usage.

On the plus side, my attempt to park in and later get out of the snowbank last week probably would've worked had I had them on.

Winter #3 or maybe even #4 on my Falken Wildpeaks, 50k miles roughly at start of ski season. Not the same tack as first winter, but still sufficient. Noise is up. Will replace before next winter though. Happy enough to replace with same

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    I decided to go for what I want rather than what actually makes sense for most of my driving, so we'll see how the Milestar Patagonia M/T 2 does in real world usage.

On the plus side, my attempt to park in and later get out of the snowbank last week probably would've worked had I had them on.
    Gotdamn, you went all out mud tire. I’d love a set of those for spring time FS road access. I need a tire quiver I guess?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Don't forget the MT Baja Boss AT. Hybrid mud/AT with 3PMSF rating, supposedly excellent in snow. Only downside is E load rating in non-floatation sizes so heavy and harsh unless you need E-rated for towing. Sounds like durability is top notch though.

I'll probably go Wildpeak AT3 for my F150 this summer (C-rated in 285/70/17).
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Don't forget the MT Baja Boss AT. Hybrid mud/AT with 3PMSF rating, supposedly excellent in snow. Only downside is E load rating in non-floatation sizes so heavy and harsh unless you need E-rated for towing. Sounds like durability is top notch though.

I'll probably go Wildpeak AT3 for my F150 this summer (C-rated in 285/70/17).
    I was not aware of these. Looks like they come in 116 load index for the size that I’m looking for. Thanks!

General Grabber ATX. I did a ton of research when it came time to replace the same Coopers you've been running and couldn't find any really negative reviews.

I mounted them on a 3rd gen 4runner which serves as my family's camping / utility vehicle. It doesn't get driven much in the winter since we have an awd wagon with snows, but when it does the traction is confidence inspiring. In fact, I've pulled a few people out of snowbanks this winter in my North Lake Tahoe neighborhood with nary a slip.

Just gonna say that the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires that came on my Tundra are junk for driving in the snow.

I was not aware of these. Looks like they come in 116 load index for the size that I’m looking for. Thanks!
    Yes, they also have P-metric in some sizes, at the cost of durability. I drive a lot of rocky roads so I do want the extra durability.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos