Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck Tire Time

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You are a fucking idiot.
    Don’t listen to this foo.
    Jack it and stack it bro.

Quote Originally Posted by BCJC View Post
    In case the sensitive puritans didn't realize, I was joking about the lift.

Winter tires on logging roads a real dilemma though.
    I had no problems with my Nokian LT2s on rough-ish USFS roads when I was living back in Montana (nor since, but the driving isn't as interesting around here). I don't know how the SUV line compares to the truck line, though.

I can and will take that truck anywhere under anything and do anything. I've tried to break it, I can't. Chain that bitch, get out of my way in 4 low locked front and rear always, at 0.5 mph, sorry. I'm going. All of us are going, because I've got a big ass chain on your shit. It takes me 2 full straight up feet pushed down to my most highest abilities to even stop it from crawling in 4low. And the hydroboost is pissed. I'm talking sub 1 mph where every rock counts. It's going to go till it kills itself. Maybe like it was designed to do. It's a Chevy with a Detroit. But the tires hold up to the job. It's frightening almost.
    Very tempting for my f250, except I run very few miles in the winter. Currently running A/T3s at 50% tread and goddamn they're terrible.

After not being stoked on my Ko2s that came on my Tundra, a set of Duratracs await at Discount.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Very tempting for my f250, except I run very few miles in the winter. Currently running A/T3s at 50% tread and goddamn they're terrible.
    I ran a set on my old f250 and they were decent when new. But yeah, goddamn once they got to about 60% fuck that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    After not being stoked on my Ko2s that came on my Tundra, a set of Duratracs await at Discount.
    did you look at the goodyear ultra terrains? pretty close to duratrac but newer design. only discount tire sells em and I am fond of them

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    did you look at the goodyear ultra terrains? pretty close to duratrac but newer design. only discount tire sells em and I am fond of them
    Those are pretty much a direct competitor to the K02.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Those are pretty much a direct competitor to the K02.
    That may be true v. KO2s. I will add that the Ultras have deeper tread depth as I recall. I also like them better in snow, but don't have a ton snow miles on these and its a different vehicle than I had with KO2s on.

That’s a great looking tire. I have K02’s on my truck and ran the Duratrac on my work truck so was able to compare on a daily basis. We stopped putting the Duratrac on our fleet trucks after many failures. The BFG was superior to the Duratrac in everything but mud, even then it was real close. BFG’s were less noisy and offered a better ride.
    The Ultras are pretty spendy though, Sheesh.
    My K02’s are getting down there in tred, about 30% left, so looking to put a new set on this winter and run the older set come summer.
    I’ll have to swing in to my local discount and check out the Ultra.

Just put a set (plus spare) on a 16 taco, replaced original Kevlar Goodyear’s.

One week in I’m very happy. All in for 5 tires, install, yada yada.... just under $1200. 10% Visa card return on way from discount.

Ride nice, no noticable road noise, good traction snow and ice

Going on my 3rd season with a pair of Cooper ATWs on a 3rd gen 4runner. They provided exceptional traction in the first two seasons and 20k miles. However, they’re starting to get slick. I’m not sure they’ll make it through this season.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I had ko2 on my tundra, currently have nitro ridge grapplers. Have falken at3w on my Land cruiser. On those 3 I liked the ko2 the best, but these falkens are really close for damn near half the price. Only have about 18000 miles on them so will see how they hold up, but pretty great tire so far.

Truck Tire Time

Had a rather sporty experience last weekend driving back from Seattle just outside Moses lake with my duratracs (~70%). Was driving on packed snow/ice when for no reason all the cars in front slammed on their brakes — slowly depressed mine and nothing but atrac beeping at me — depressed multiple times but just slid luckily had a wide berth from the car in front of me and ultimately they got off their brakes and continued moving but was quite bummed at their performance on packed snow/ice.

Ran over to Discount hoping to to put Nokians on the cruiser for winter but they were out. Ended up with Studded Cooper Discoverers M/S for Mrs SkiLyft’s mall cruiser. Anyone ever ran them? This is my first set of studs but road noice is no worse than the duratracs!

Damn SkiLyft, sounds sporty!
    I ran them my first year up here. Great snow/ice tire with studs. Super grippy.
    Half debating mounting studs on my spare rims again.

I run mine studless with a very heavy truck. Grip is fine, wear is fantastic, not rails by any means, but beefy. I don't get scared, but I can't really drive much of any definition of fast. I haven't stuck them. Although, locked front and rear.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

I run mine studless with a very heavy truck. Grip is fine, wear is fantastic, not rails by any means, but beefy. I don't get scared, but I can't really drive much of any definition of fast. I haven't stuck them. Although, locked front and rear.
    I ran the Cooper M+S, studless, on my XTerra. Only got it really stuck once, and that was being dumb (isn't it always?)—tried to yank a Wrangler on street tires out of a snow drift in April, as things were freezing up. Ended up with both rigs high-centered in the snow with tension on the tow strap, that ended up being a fun project (eventually got the Xterra dug out and chained up, but it took my buddy and his lifted XJ to recover the Wrangler). Only other times I chained up were on not-maintained-for-winter USFS roads and yanking a full-sized Chevy out of a snowbank at Big Sky.

thoughts and feelings on the hankook i pike rw11 studdable (w/o studs)? especially compared to the cooper M+S?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Well said...

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Well said...
    I bought some cooper at3 4s's this week after a black ice hi 2 incident coming back from da windy... So I started going on a rant then I decided nobody gives a fuck and deleted it.

Curious how those hold up. The normal AT3s on my F150 were pretty atrocious in packed snow or ice. Especially after tread wore down a bit. Seems like AT3 4S are better reviews though

For what it’s worth discount tire matched Toyota buy 3 get one for $1 deal for me.

Got a year plus on the Cooper AT3 4S in a 265-75-16 on a Toyota T-100 (same as first gen Tundra) and -so far- would def buy them again. Seem to use 4hi less than I used to, wear is very good ( some rock crawling going into summer camp spots) and winter commutes into local Ikon locations during storms are confidence building. Siping seems to have made a positive difference, having had Cooper ATP's in the past. Run them year 'round because it snowed until about June 8th at our house.
    Your results etc. ...
    "if you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind..."

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    For what it’s worth discount tire matched Toyota buy 3 get one for $1 deal for me.

Linky for the Toyota deal?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    thoughts and feelings on the hankook i pike rw11 studdable (w/o studs)? especially compared to the cooper M+S?

thx
    FWIW....last winter had the ipike rw11s on = didn't like their ability to crush & grip thru built up snow or crud....about the same as I had on Cooper's M+S of ~5yrs ago. Maybe Cooper has worked on it since...y/n? Have some Grabber Arctics on and with the little snow that we've had so far(packed)...they've been an improvement over my previous tires. Will see if these can ace the junk that usually comes between Bangor and ski country...