Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 593

Thread: Truck Tire Time

  1. #376
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    15,761
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I don't know how to cleanquuy They're are courier kids are you

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app
    Also a good and useful suggestion!

    (depending on how high you are currently)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,902
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Also a good and useful suggestion!

    (depending on how high you are currently)
    I’m not high enough.
    And I guess that I just don't know

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North,NorthEast
    Posts
    2,515
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I don't know how to cleanquuy They're are courier kids are you

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app
    Thatís an old school technique! Think itíll work in this situation?

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,278
    Rod has my favorite autofilled posts.

    But i really appreciated the suggestion. I have a tire guy that can likely get me the used tire in right spec.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,863
    Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk had firestone destination at tires on it stock. Got 55k on them, did great in everything from Colorado and Chicago could throw at it. Nothing wild but have a nice off-road look too. When the coopers on our f150 are dead Iíll replace them with the Firestones

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Rod has my favorite autofilled posts.

    But i really appreciated the suggestion. I have a tire guy that can likely get me the used tire in right spec.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app
    This was the ultimate autofill. I didn't even look at the post, much less answered it.
    Maybe during my mountain bike ride on fast Eddie's. Phone in my pocket, mind of its own.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,340
    Just ordered a set of the Falken's. Discount Tire price matched Walmart's price, so about $147/tire.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  8. #383
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,340
    And the Falkens seem to be on national backorder, so not sure what to do now, probably the Michelins? Hope for a rebate?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  9. #384
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    414

    Truck Tire Time

    I gave into the Les Schwab guy pushing the "new" snowflake rated Open Range AT tire over the Toyo AT II this weekend. I'll report back once I get it in some snow and dirt. Kind of annoyed I let him talk me out of the better looking Toyo but know the snow rated tire will ultimately be better for our use the next couple of winters.


    That being said, anyone looking for a good deal on my old 20" 6 lug wheels for 2009-2014 F-150? Includes some Nokian Rotiva AT at 60% tread (according to the tread depth indicator). Probably fine for this coming winter and also snowflake rated. Seattle area.
    Last edited by Bronco; 09-04-2018 at 09:19 PM.

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,129
    Snowflake rating=softer compound. Stickier when cold, wears faster when it’s warm. Pick your poison.

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bethel, Maine
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    That being said, anyone looking for a good deal on my old 20" 6 lug wheels for 2009-2014 F-150? Includes some Nokian Rotiva AT at 60% tread (according to the tread depth indicator). Probably fine for this coming winter and also snowflake rated. Seattle area.
    FYI, six-lug wheels are the same centerbore and bolt pattern on current-generation truck as well (i.e. any six-lug F-150 uses the same lug/centerbore), so those wheels would be fine up through a 2019 F-150. The thread pitch on the lugs / lug nuts changed with the 13th-generation trucks in 2015, but the spacing and centerbore are the same.

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Den/Baltimore
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And the Falkens seem to be on national backorder, so not sure what to do now, probably the Michelins?
    It seems like there are quite a few snowflake-rated options similar to the Falkens that you might consider. The Cooper ATW, Dynapro ATM, and Pirelli Scorpion All-Terrain Plus all seem similar without being E-rated like the BFG K02.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

    photos

  13. #388
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And the Falkens seem to be on national backorder, so not sure what to do now, probably the Michelins? Hope for a rebate?
    Perhaps you should buy the BFGs and get on with your life.

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    15,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Snowflake rating=softer compound. Stickier when cold, wears faster when itís warm. Pick your poison.
    I don't think that's necessarily accurate - IIRC the 3PMSF rating had to do with the tire ability in snow, not based on tread compound. However, all winter tires will have the 3PMSF mark and have soft compounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,129
    The rating isn't based on the compound, you are correct. But, AT tires with the snowflake don't tend to last as long as those without in my experience. I think it's that the manufacturer uses softer material to perform better in the cold.

    Me, I have Cooper STT Pros siped on my LC and Cooper AT3s on my pickup and van. I run the tires all year and have no issues on snow and ice.

    I'm sure there are a lot of good tires out there now but I've been using Coopers for the last 10 years or so and why change something that works well for the sake of changing.

  16. #391
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    FYI, six-lug wheels are the same centerbore and bolt pattern on current-generation truck as well (i.e. any six-lug F-150 uses the same lug/centerbore), so those wheels would be fine up through a 2019 F-150. The thread pitch on the lugs / lug nuts changed with the 13th-generation trucks in 2015, but the spacing and centerbore are the same.
    Good to know, thanks!

    Bring on the snow!

  17. #392
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'm sure there are a lot of good tires out there now but I've been using Coopers for the last 10 years or so and why change something that works well for the sake of changing.
    Oh I don't know. Progress maybe? Innovation? No reason, really
    I started a dating advice app because I always need advice
    ó
    Charmed Chat lets you tinder for your friends

  18. #393
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    791
    Looking for reccs. This is my first time buying tires for my own car.

    2015 RAV4 AWD LE: 225/65 R17, 102H

    About to hit 35k on the original tires. Front currently 4/32, rear 3/32. Looking to buy a set of [edit] all-weather. Most of my driving is on city streets. Occasional highway driving, usually to get to the mountains on the weekends (which includes rough forest service roads to trailheads in the spring/summer/fall). Not looking to buy separate winter and summer sets. Local to Portland.

    Also, do you recommend buying local at a place like Les Schwab or buying online at Tirerack?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by orange; 09-05-2018 at 11:57 AM.

  19. #394
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Den/Baltimore
    Posts
    5,129
    A RAV 4 isn't a truck. I like the Geolandar G015, which comes in a 225/65R17 but YMMV. I think an all-weather tire makes sense if you want decent snow performance. Here's a list of them (though a few options are missing):

    Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Here's a decent list of All-Weather Tires compiled by C&D (doesn't appear to show a bunch of brands though e.g. Cooper, Falken, Conti, Pirelli)

    3PMSF passenger-car tires:
    Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady
    Hankook Kinergy 4S (Canada only)
    Michelin CrossClimate + (limited sizes available)
    Nokian WRG3
    Toyo Celsius
    Vredestein Quatrac5
    3PMSF Light-Truck (LT) tires:
    BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT
    BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2
    BFGoodrich Commercial T/A Traction
    General Grabber AT2 (select sizes)
    Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar (select sizes)
    Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (all but one size)
    Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor
    Goodyear Wrangler TrailRunner AT (select sizes)
    Hankook Dynapro AT-M
    Kumho Road Venture AT51
    Nitto Exo Grappler AWT
    Nokian Rotiiva AT
    Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus
    Nokian WR C3
    Nokian WRG3 SUV
    Toyo Celsius CUV
    Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

    photos

  20. #395
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    A RAV 4 isn't a truck. I like the Geolandar G015, which comes in a 225/65R17 but YMMV. I think an all-weather tire makes sense if you want decent snow performance. Here's a list of them (though a few options are missing):
    I agree. Just trying keeping tire chat in a tire thread. Thanks for the list and rec.

  21. #396
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Den/Baltimore
    Posts
    5,129
    Wasn't being snarky -- I was mainly justifying my qualifications to respond in the truck thread because I don't own a truck either.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

    photos

  22. #397
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,129
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Oh I don't know. Progress maybe? Innovation? No reason, really
    That is why I buy the latest version of a model especially when my favorite is discontinued such as the STT is no longer so I went with an STT Pro this go around. And thank you for your useless comment.

  23. #398
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,340
    So, now considering the Dynapro ATM RF10 (lot of fucking letters), based on other stuff in this thread.

    Can someone explain the difference between this https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...m-rf10/p/19481 and this https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...-rf10/p/10824? Other than $34? Seems like one has a "P" in front of it, which I know to mean it's a P-metric tire (not that I understand what that is), and I guess the other isn't, but is that a real difference that explains the price difference?

    My current tire size doesn't have the P, FWIW. And I'd love a tire for $130.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  24. #399
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    15,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So, now considering the Dynapro ATM RF10 (lot of fucking letters), based on other stuff in this thread.

    Can someone explain the difference between this https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...m-rf10/p/19481 and this https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...-rf10/p/10824? Other than $34? Seems like one has a "P" in front of it, which I know to mean it's a P-metric tire (not that I understand what that is), and I guess the other isn't, but is that a real difference that explains the price difference?

    My current tire size doesn't have the P, FWIW. And I'd love a tire for $130.
    They're both standard load tires (the "SL" designation), which means they are both P-rated tires (P for passenger). No idea why one does not have the P designation. AFAIK if the tire has a SL or XL designation, it has to be a P-rated tire; I don't think that mark is used on any LT ("Light Truck") tire, which, instead, would most commonly have a C, D, or E rating.
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret....jsp?techid=55

    The "OWL" means outlined white letters on one side -- if you don't like that look, put the letters facing inwards -- it is a symmetrical tread design, so it doesn't matter.

    The $130 one has a 112T rating; the $170 one has a 110T rating. That is the load index rating. The higher the number, the higher the carrying capacity:
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...180905211630:s

    tl;dr -- buy the $130 one and be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  25. #400
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,340
    According to Discount Tire, the $164 version is a discontinued model that they leave on their website (not sure why it can't just say "discontinued" and not "order now, available in 3-5 days". In any case, the $130 tire is the one that is available. Given that the Dynapro ATM gets some good reviews in this thread, and given that it is pretty dirt cheap for a tire of that size (265/65/17), AND has the snowflake symbol, I went for it. Ordered and will be on the truck in the next few days.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •