WTB: extra-fat skis, Liberty Genome or similar

Hey all,

Got a new job at a place it snows a lot. Coworkers suggested picking up a set of Liberty Genomes or something in that realm. These dudes are huge, like 6'+ and not twigs, and I'm like 5'8 and a buck fiddy, not totally into that gargantuan of a ski but something with similiar float for my size. Currently ski a 179 4frnt EHP and it ain't gonna cut it. Anyone have any suggestions for sale?

I am on the 194cm genome with Axls. I am 5'9 and 195lbs. These things are frickin awesome!!!!! There are some 186cm and 181cm Genomes floating out there on the inerweb. They are so easy to ski with rockered tip and tip but 150ish cm of camber. They swivel and pivot quickly. You will be surprised at how quick they turn in the trees as well. If there is at least 6 inches of fresh these are sweet. They flex is more around medium.

Grab some Cham 127s, they can be had cheap (sub $200 brand new) and charge the coastal shit with ease. I really like mine, they didn't get very much love but they are basically an old school charger construction in a friendly shape and a softer tip. They have lots of metal.

Or maybe Praxis Protest or Powder Boards.

181 Cease and Desist?

Lotus 138? Lotus 120? (The 120s seem really popular with the Alpental crowd, similar snow to Baker.)

Swoop the 187 Protest in GS, it's the ski you're looking for.

Somebody is selling some 181 k2 darksides in gear swap for cheap, those would be worth while as well.

I'm selling 182 Liberty Double Helix's with small Adrenalin 16's and skins.

Yeah, if you want flat tail style, I agree that the 181cm Darksides at http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-Scott-Dynafit would likely be a good match for a 179cm EHP skier. The 191cm Shoots on GearSwap are likely way too much for you, and the 192 Atomic Atlas on GearSwap is likely a little too much.

If you want "mildly" rockered tail, I agree the 187cm Protest at http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...scaran-and-RC1 will work for you.

Or if you want "very" rockered tail, you can get brand new "skinny" (124mm) 186cm Volkl Two for $240 at http://www.ebay.com/itm/186-cm-Volkl...oAAOSwB09YGSC0 .

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I have 185 black diamond Gigawatts will do for $175 shipped. Used only a few days
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I have a pair of R/R Armada ARG'/ I'll sell for cheap. 185cm length, 132 waist, full rocker and reverse sidecut. A pow dream for someone a bit shorter like yourself

I have a pair of Atomic Atlas. 192cm and 125mm in the waist. Rockered tip, very small camber underfoot and a kicked up tail.

Quote Originally Posted by coskiguy View Post
    I have a pair of Atomic Atlas. 192cm and 125mm in the waist. Rockered tip, very small camber underfoot and a kicked up tail.
    Those would probably be a bit much for the BeardedClam, he's not real heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Unless there's a keg on his back.

Pm me if you are interested in my darksides, they charge. Thanks.

Praxis Powder Boards in 180 with STH 14 Drivers mounted for a 26.5/317 bsl. Both brand new, never skied. $250 shipped

Armada Bubba's 188cm? Super fun.
    Drive slow, homie.

Fatypus Alotta 190cm, they are in Seattle

PM Sent
    ...our pets heads are fallin' off...

186 Moment Donner Party... mounted for small epf duke inserts but never skied. Super fats and likely stupid fun in the deep. Also 192 DPS Lotus 138 hybrids - red - brand new

I have a set of Fatypus A-Lotta 190 (172 / 140 / 158). New, never mounted.

Can meet around SF or North Lake Tahoe, or ship.

Got a pair of 189 PONTOONS with your name on em! Marker Jester bindings. 180 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Hey all,

Got a new job at a place it snows a lot. Coworkers suggested picking up a set of Liberty Genomes or something in that realm. These dudes are huge, like 6'+ and not twigs, and I'm like 5'8 and a buck fiddy, not totally into that gargantuan of a ski but something with similiar float for my size. Currently ski a 179 4frnt EHP and it ain't gonna cut it. Anyone have any suggestions for sale?

I have a pair of vintage Praxis Powder Boards in 185cm in Gear Swap for $40 + ship and fees. PM me if interested.

WTB: extra-fat skis, Liberty Genome or similar

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    They aren't very heavy; they are a backcountry makeup.

They get bounced around way more than my Blizzard Bodacious in chopped up snow

But fabulous for soft snow