Candide pulls pin on Quiksilver

Future plans left unstated
    More here: http://freeskier.com/the-wire/candid...of-sponsorship

I bet it was the other way around and he's just being gracious.

Not a good time to be a pro skier.

^^ I doubt it. He's had three videos go massively viral in the last few years... probably more reach than any other skier right now.

It isn't a good time to work for Quicksilver, with the bankruptcy and all.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

My guess is that it's more of a "we really want to keep you, but our overall budget for snow went down 50% so we can only pay you $X" sort of thing.

What snow gear does Quiksilver even make? I honestly don't think I've ever seen any in the US.
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    My guess is that it's more of a "we really want to keep you, but our overall budget for snow went down 50% so we can only pay you $X" sort of thing.
    That's what I was alluding too.

Quote Originally Posted by belgian View Post
    What snow gear does Quiksilver even make? I honestly don't think I've ever seen any in the US.
    You ever ski in jeans?

Quik does make high end gore-tex outerwear. I have a jacket/pants that are pretty nice.

Travis Rice has been a quik athlete for a long time. I bet he sells a lot of jackets.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

If you browsed a snowboard shop in Lyon (France) 15 years ago you'd generally find snow gear from Quiksilver, Billabong, O'Neill, Rusty, Rip Curl, and Oxbow. The market over there was definitely more surf-image driven and those brands were always represented.

But I can't recall seeing any of those brands in any east coast stores and if I did it was rare.

They had the best jacket name ever back in the day: Long Duk Dong. Really wanted one as a poor college student in like 2003 or so. http://www.newschoolers.com/forum/th...silver-argyle-

I'm pretty sure Quicksikver owns Mervin Mfg. (Lib Tech).

I was riding the gondi at KH a few years back, and the guy across from me was decked out in Quick, head to toe. I thought that was odd, since I'd never seen anyone wearing QS gear, never mind QS goggles.
    Then I realized I was sitting across from Candide Thovex.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    I was riding the gondi at KH a few years back, and the guy across from me was decked out in Quick, head to toe. I thought that was odd, since I'd never seen anyone wearing QS gear, never mind QS goggles.
    Was he flailing his arms?

So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex. - Alkaholicsillywalk
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

did you ask him WHY he flails his arms?

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex. - Alkaholicsillywalk
    Never Skogen when you should have Sprang

Quote Originally Posted by ADKmike View Post
    I'm pretty sure Quicksikver owns Mervin Mfg. (Lib Tech).
    Quick sold Mervin years ago.