Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-59274686

Totally normal, nothing to see here.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Damn; locusts were badf enough, but a Plague of Fucking Scorpions?!?!?

Seems ominous.

Ski areas around the Four Corners region are postponing their planned opening dates. It's been very warm.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Warm and possible delayed openings seems to be the happening at areas in WY, MT, and UT near me too. There has been a lot of news about spring coming earlier, but I'm sure winter also will generally arrive later bow. I know West Yellowstone used to have reliable enough snow in November that Nordic teams from around the world would head there for early season on-snow training. The last decade or so the snow has not been reliable at all. Probably will get worse too. Biking at Thanksgiving instead of skiing anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Warm and possible delayed openings seems to be the happening at areas in WY, MT, and UT near me too. There has been a lot of news about spring coming earlier, but I'm sure winter also will generally arrive later bow. I know West Yellowstone used to have reliable enough snow in November that Nordic teams from around the world would head there for early season on-snow training. The last decade or so the snow has not been reliable at all. Probably will get worse too. Biking at Thanksgiving instead of skiing anyone?
    Well I actually moved to Flagstaff to have those options and often, high elevation riding through most Novembers but this feels warmer than the usual and it sure is weird for the places you mentioned. It's no longer when or if it happens, it's happening right now.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Colorado's November fire season...

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...ts/8638268002/
    dirtbag, not a dentist

70 degrees in Helena yesterday. Today its windy as fuck and colder but there is very little snow for a base right now and much in the way of skiing at Big Sky next Thursday seems overly optimistic. BB is not even talking about an opener until 12/10.

Anyone know of seasonal prediction graphics similar to these but based on inclusion of more recent data ? https://nca2014.globalchange.gov/hig...future-climate

It’s interesting how the Tahoe region in these models gets historically similar precip amts in Winter but less in Spring. Coupled with the modest temp rise predicted (relative to some other regions), might actually result in higher altitude resorts staying in business.

Utah looks fucked though.

Climate Change

The 2021 Yellowstone Climate Assessment shows that since 1950 snowfall has decreased 24" inches (25%). Precipitation is the same now but 25% that was snow is now falling as rain. https://www.gyclimate.org/

Even with increased winter precipitation it may not be snow, which is not good for skiing or snowpack.

AT LEAST YOU DUMB CUNTS THINK YOU KNOW WHY IT'S NOT SNOWING NOW. BLAME THE CHINESE FOR NO SNOW AND COVID....OH WAIT, THAT'S NOT POPULAR WITH BEIJING BIDEN VOTERS
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

you're pedantic schtick used to be funny when it wasn't about such a serious and obvious
    issue

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    you're pedantic schtick used to be funny when it wasn't about such a serious and obvious
    issue
    YOUR RELIGION IS ANNOYING.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

The dumber they are the louder they yell..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    The dumber they are the louder they yell..
    YOUR SISTER GETS REALLY DUMB IN BED WITH ME THEN.

Hey could you do a Mom joke for me? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Hey could you do a Mom joke for me? Thanks.
    A MOM JOKE? LIKE WHEN YOUR MOM PINCHED YOU OUT LIKE A WATERMELON SEED AND WAS DISMAYED THAT THE ABORTION WAS UNSUCCESSFUL?

I think your caps lock is on ^

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    AT LEAST YOU DUMB CUNTS THINK YOU KNOW WHY IT'S NOT SNOWING NOW. BLAME THE CHINESE FOR NO SNOW AND COVID....OH WAIT, THAT'S NOT POPULAR WITH BEIJING BIDEN VOTERS
    Thanks for giving me the opportunity to remind people that the US is by far the biggest historical emitter of greenhouse gases. Since CO2 stays in the atmosphere for centuries to millennia, the US is most responsible for climate change. It's our fault more than anyone else's.

the United States has emitted more CO2 than any other country to date: at around 400 billion tonnes since 1751, it is responsible for 25% of historical emissions;
    this is twice more than China – the world’s second largest national contributor;
    the 28 countries of the European Union (EU-28) – which are grouped together here as they typically negotiate and set targets on a collaborative basis – is also a large historical contributor at 22%;
    many of the large annual emitters today – such as India and Brazil – are not large contributors in a historical context;
    Africa’s regional contribution – relative to its population size – has been very small. This is the result of very low per capita emissions – both historically and currently.
    https://ourworldindata.org/contributed-most-global-co2

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Thanks for giving me the opportunity to remind people that the US is by far the biggest historical emitter of greenhouse gases. Since CO2 stays in the atmosphere for centuries to millennia, the US is most responsible for climate change. It's our fault more than anyone else's.

https://ourworldindata.org/contributed-most-global-co2
    HERE'S A LINK FOR YOU COCK CHUG

https://www.investopedia.com/article...ioxide-co2.asp

THANKS FOR REMINDING ME TGR DOPES ARE OFF THE CHAIN RETARDED

Sup, Brett!

^^^

Not only have we been the biggest emitter but we’ve consistently been the biggest obstacle towards even recognizing climate change. Or doing anything about it.
    Somewhat ironically our military is the branch of government that’s putting the most amount of money towards new technologies and combating climate change. And the Money they’ve put into the system is showing some results. Northrop Grumman is pretty secretive but has been making some big claims. MIT has a recently scientifically published theory proven fusion reactor that’ll be built by 2025.
    Just read that a new small scale fission plant is going to be built in Kemmerer Wyoming. Bill gates is the backing money. Will be interesting to see what the tech behind it is.
    We’re going to need a way to transmit new forms of power. Our current grid is absolute garbage. That’s going to need to be a government backed change as it’s way to large for a private company to do without government backing. The grid is a major issue for solar and wind, as prime locations for production aren’t located near areas necessitating large loads. And industrial scale solar is pitifully lacking. Just today I drove by the last solar system I installed, when I worked in the industry. 4000+ panels at a Cisco systems server in SLC. it was .5% of their usage. Just to power the amount of EVs that’ll be out in the next 15 years is going to necessitate either all those new EV owners charge thru panels on their residence (one of the best things you can do to reduce carbon footprint) or a bunch of new electric generation plants.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH YOU IDIOTS BEEN SCREAMING ABOUT THIS FOR 40 YEARS AFTER YOUR "GLOBAL COOLING" DIDN'T WORK OUT.

Was the Blurred11’s name banned? Can’t you just post under your real handle?