Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Copy
    Guess what I'll do is to buy 120s, throw them in the fridge, carpet test, and either keep them, buy a booster strap, or upgrade to 130s.
    Probably thinking too much about this anyhow.....
    So, I ended up with 120s. Decided to for once choose something softer out of two options. Tend to buy long/stiff skis, but have been moving towards kit more in line with what, and maybe how, I ski, rather than what and how I'd like to ski.

Took them out today for my first day of the season. Wren102s/pivots, man-made semi-icy groomers and some heavy, grabby, old snow on the ungroomed tracks.
    Overall I felt that they drove the skis well, and I felt that I had good contact with the edges. Far better than my old Pro Lights. I could definitely feel them buckle a bit when hitting small bumps in the flat light, but as others have said they are springy and helped me back in position quickly.
    Flex-wise I'd say they are 10% stiffer than pro lights, and pretty similar to Mtn Labs, but more progressive and springy than either.

All in all I'm happy. 130s would have been better for groomers and big mountain, but since most of my inbound skiing ends up being in semi-tight trees I'm happy.
    My buddy ended up with 130s and is very happy. He's coming off Salomon Ghosts and said the 130s were far better boots regarding control, but not more demanding.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    So, I ended up with 120s. Decided to for once choose something softer out of two options. Tend to buy long/stiff skis, but have been moving towards kit more in line with what, and maybe how, I ski, rather than what and how I'd like to ski.

Took them out today for my first day of the season. Wren102s/pivots, man-made semi-icy groomers and some heavy, grabby, old snow on the ungroomed tracks.
    Overall I felt that they drove the skis well, and I felt that I had good contact with the edges. Far better than my old Pro Lights. I could definitely feel them buckle a bit when hitting small bumps in the flat light, but as others have said they are springy and helped me back in position quickly.
    Flex-wise I'd say they are 10% stiffer than pro lights, and pretty similar to Mtn Labs, but more progressive and springy than either.

All in all I'm happy. 130s would have been better for groomers and big mountain, but since most of my inbound skiing ends up being in semi-tight trees I'm happy.
    My buddy ended up with 130s and is very happy. He's coming off Salomon Ghosts and said the 130s were far better boots regarding control, but not more demanding.
    Hi,
    im interested in the 2017 Cochise too but can't decide on the 90 or 100 flex.Wont have a chance to try it out coz living in Asia now.
    Im light weight 140lbs 171cm tall advanced,
    which one should I choose?
    please suggest

Quote Originally Posted by m76ae1 View Post
    Hi,
    im interested in the 2017 Cochise too but can't decide on the 90 or 100 flex.Wont have a chance to try it out coz living in Asia now.
    please suggest
    Are you sure it even fits your foot?

Quote Originally Posted by m76ae1 View Post
    Hi,
    please suggest
    The 90 is orange, which is almost red, so it's better than the 100. The 100 is blue and green which won't ski as well as the orange boot, regardless of flex number.

But the 130 is almost completely orange so that's the best one.

Well, I have a couple of days on my 17 Cochise 130's and some quick observations compared to my 14/15 130 Pros. First they do stiffen up when cold. Not as stiff as the older ones but for me enough to ski any big ski with authority. Overall compared it is better or improved in everything, ROM, progressive flex, buckles, liner et et. Lighter too. I guess if I have one complaint it is that my heel gets caught in the liner baffles which is below the calf and makes the boot harder to take off, How much harder? Significant............

Can someone compare the Mach LV to the new Cochise? I own the zero G and recently got the mach1 120 LV. Blown away by the latter. Sadly all my freeride ski's have beasts now so I am looking for a similar boot with tech compatability.

Is the Zero G not enough boot to drive to drove those [sadly] beast equipped freeride skis?

Quote Originally Posted by Jstewss View Post
    Is the Zero G not enough boot to drive to drove those [sadly] beast equipped freeride skis?
    I wouldn't say it isnt enough boot. It even felt stiffer that the mach 1 (120) yesterday after changing boots, although it was warm, which may have led to the mach feeling softer. THe main thing is that there is way more space in the shaft of the zeroG, and the flex isn't as smooth as the mach1. The fit and flex o/t mach 1 just feels sooo dialed.
    Now that i can get the new cochise for cheap i am wondering if they will be just a heavier zeroG or if they will feel a bit more like the mach's. (in fit and flex)

Just put a thicker liner in the ZeroG. Will solve all your problems.

I put on a Zero G Guide and it was stiff in the store. It didn't have that weird springy feeling. Just locked in.
    This was yesterday, and IIRC, it seemed stiffer than the Cochise 120. Or just less springy, I guess.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    They really need to have a different cuff last for the ZeroG though. The cuff is sized for the Cochise liner, which is very thick.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Power Wrap or what would you suggest?

Power Wrap, liner from a Cochise, Pro Tour maybe?

I just glued a layer of neoprene to the inside of the tongue and Velcro a Lange spoiler to the back of my liner and it solves all my issues and I don't have calves

A Powerwrap really does add allot to a boot. But it is a different feel to a tongued liner. Also has touring implications. I wish there was a tour optimized wrap liner.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    A Powerwrap really does add allot to a boot. But it is a different feel to a tongued liner. Also has touring implications. I wish there was a tour optimized wrap liner.
    Yes, it comes in the Lupo, and Intuition needs to make and sell their own version of this built off the powerwrap.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Yes, it comes in the Lupo, and Intuition needs to make and sell their own version of this built off the powerwrap.
    2nd that

I agree, but one could also cut a diamond-shaped hole in the back of a PW and sew some neoprene over it...
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I agree, but one could also cut a diamond-shaped hole in the back of a PW and sew some neoprene over it...
    Have you done this?

^^Not yet. I wanted to be sure the PW plugs I recently put in my Vulacns would work first before committing. But it's on my To Do list. There is a tutorial on how to do it posted somewhere on here.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

allrigth, i will explore the liner option. Not really looking to add stiffness (really not actually), just want to take up volume.

^^You might also try these first: http://www.tognar.com/the-eliminator...-tongue-shims/ Cheaper than a new liner.

I've tried them in a few different boots, including the OG Cochise; they're okay but not great. Wish they weren't quite so compressible.

photos

^^Not yet. I wanted to be sure the PW plugs I recently put in my Vulacns would work first before committing. But it's on my To Do list. There is a tutorial on how to do it posted somewhere on here.
    Have a pair of PW that are not in prime condition but fit OK in my MTN Explores, will give it a shot and post some pics up.

Have a pair of PW that are not in prime condition but fit OK in my MTN Explores, will give it a shot and post some pics up.

1st day on Cochise 120's, it's about 15-20* and they stiffened up a lot, perfect for my 170 lbs. Real happy with 'em, in these temps glad I don't get the 130. Stuck a heat gun in them at 180* for 8 minutes last night to give the liners a quick mold and added Superfeet. Edit: after a day in them, adding a Bontex shim to take up some vertical space at the forefoot and instep.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 12-16-2016 at 09:19 PM.