Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Does anyone have an actual weight of the '17 Cochise 130 in a 26.5? also any idea what kind of weight savings could be had with an Intuition liner over the stock CAS liner it comes with?

An intuition pro tour should save you a little over 160g per boot in a 26.5 Cochise (120 or 130).

I'll get some weights tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by skitolive View Post
    I've got a pair of Tecnica Mach 1 ski boots from 2015, does anyone know if the Cochise tech soles will fit the bolt pattern on the bottom of the Mach 1's?
    So Machs from two seasons ago? Before there was two volumes? Those shared a lower with Cochise so yes the old tech sole will work.

Mach from last year/this year shares the same sole piston as the Cochise mold so the replaceable toes and heels are interchangeable between Mach and Cochise for the most part. Clearly the tech fittings are now part of the boot and not part of the swapped sole. However you could put the new Zero G rockered AT soles on the Mach. Although it sure why you would want to.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Does anyone have an actual weight of the '17 Cochise 130 in a 26.5? also any idea what kind of weight savings could be had with an Intuition liner over the stock CAS liner it comes with?
    I will double check tomorrow but I believe 2017 26.5 130 will weigh around 2050g give or take 50g. 120 will weigh about 200g less than that.

New Cochise liner weighs a lot less than the old one but Intuition will still be lighter as has been stated already.

Tecnica Boots 2016/2017

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    An intuition pro tour should save you a little over 160g per boot in a 26.5 Cochise (120 or 130).

I'll get some weights tomorrow.
    This is about right. 440g vs 280g - or were ProTours 240g - can never remember.

Tecnica site says 1,950g for 130 and 1,880g for 120. My 26.5 120 liner is 463g.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 11-21-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    This is about right. 440g vs 280g - or were ProTours 240g - can never remember.
    All I know is that my 120s went from 1863 to just a hair under 1700 with a pro tour.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Got my Cochise 130 pro's in late august. Finally got around to getting foot beds and molding.....

Hard flex the right boot, pops out of ski mode. Over. And over. Dammit! Tecnica will take them back via warranty but need to send them in. Combined with the fucking beast carbons not shipping yet I have 2 new pair of boots I cannot ski.

Anyone else had this problem w the new Cochise?
    I tried one on yesterday in a shop. This same thing happened. It too was the right boot, I did not try on the left. Any info if this issue has been fixed? Otherwise the boot fit awesome. But I did find it soft for a 130 as well.
    "... when I turn, I just hope it hits me in the face."--Shroder Baker/Under the Influence

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    So Machs from two seasons ago? Before there was two volumes? Those shared a lower with Cochise so yes the old tech sole will work.

Mach from last year/this year shares the same sole piston as the Cochise mold so the replaceable toes and heels are interchangeable between Mach and Cochise for the most part. Clearly the tech fittings are now part of the boot and not part of the swapped sole. However you could put the new Zero G rockered AT soles on the Mach. Although it sure why you would want to.
    Trying to be able to use a pair of skis with tech bindings with my non-touring boots. Thanks for the info

There must be some misalignment or metal flash / burr preventing the ski/walk mechanism from fully engaging, which gets worn down or knocked off after the mode mechansm is used a few times. Maybe the trick is just to wiggle the cuff a bunch while in ski mode to break it in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161122-132422.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	277.3 KB 
ID:	193244  

Quote Originally Posted by skitolive View Post
    Trying to be able to use a pair of skis with tech bindings with my non-touring boots. Thanks for the info
    Same here, I just got the newer Mach 1 (non-tech compatible) and really liking them. Would love a similar boot with tech compatibility to use with my beasts. If anybody has a lead on a older (tech compatible) mach 1 in 25 in Europe, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Same here, I just got the newer Mach 1 (non-tech compatible) and really liking them. Would love a similar boot with tech compatibility to use with my beasts. If anybody has a lead on a older (tech compatible) mach 1 in 25 in Europe, let me know.
    Killer boots.

The more I'm talking with my guys at the shop, the more I'm seeing these "quasi crossover" flip-switch ski-walk mode boots as being failure prone. Touring and AT boots that are touring and AT boots are awesome - but a lot of the manufacturers trying to get "in" with a little string out da back (FZ) are just creating boots with what seems to be more PPOFs.

Is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Does anyone have an actual weight of the '17 Cochise 130 in a 26.5?
    I get 1982 grams.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMoJo View Post
    Killer boots.

The more I'm talking with my guys at the shop, the more I'm seeing these "quasi crossover" flip-switch ski-walk mode boots as being failure prone. Touring and AT boots that are touring and AT boots are awesome - but a lot of the manufacturers trying to get "in" with a little string out da back (FZ) are just creating boots with what seems to be more PPOFs.

Is what it is.
    I have skied in these 'failure prone boots' for the last 6 or 7 seasons and never have had a problem with any of the walk modes. I generally ski 50-80 days a year and replace boots after 120 days or so.

I have used all three generations of the Tecnica Cochise, the Lange Free Tour, and older Salomon Quest boots. I'm also 190-210lb

I have skied in these 'failure prone boots' for the last 6 or 7 seasons and never have had a problem with any of the walk modes. I generally ski 50-80 days a year and replace boots after 120 days or so.

I have used all three generations of the Tecnica Cochise, the Lange Free Tour, and older Salomon Quest boots. I'm also 190-210lb
    This is awesome news.

I totally suck and should die.

Tecnica Boots 2016/2017

I haven't had any issue with the new one popping out. Are you guys only seeing this in the shop? The boot is a lot softer at room temp.

I'm surprised you never had a problem with the old Cochises. I went through 3 of them from the very first one up to the last one. Hoping the walk mode redesign solves it for good. Won't know till later this season.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 11-23-2016 at 11:11 PM.

Talked w a shop guy in PC, he said the initial run of Cochise pro 130 had this problem on the right boot only and Tecnica replaced them. Any confirmation out there?
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Talked w a shop guy in PC, he said the initial run of Cochise pro 130 had this problem on the right boot only and Tecnica replaced them. Any confirmation out there?
    I'll be seeing the rep on Thursday and will ask this question for you. Along with any other pertinent intel I can glean.

Peace

who the fuck uses walk mode?

man up you sallies
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

I don't really plan on using the walk mode. I just want an alpine sole w tech options.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Tecnica Boots 2016/2017

There was an issue with a small number of the first Cochise 130s where the rivet that holds the walk mechanism on the cuff was overtightened skewing the male piece just slightly. As you can see the interface is very tight. They pop out right away on first flex if it's a bad one. If they don't pop you're all set, it will never happen. If a retailer has one that it happens to it will be replaced with inventory that has all been tested.
    Last edited by wasatchback; 11-28-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    who the fuck uses walk mode?

man up you sallies
    Hey man you'll be happy to know I don't own anything with this pansy-ass "walk mode" marketing gimmick. I've been toe-kicking my way to the outers, and plan to keep toe-kicking if need be. No school like the old school

Maybe you'll like me now.

Say Wasatchback, sorry if you posted it before and I missed it, but whats the recommended heat stack temp and time to mold the 2017 liners?

Has anyone skied the Zero G Guide (not the Pro), the 110 flex version ? Any comments how is compares with a touring boot of 5 year vintage ?

First day on my new technica mach 1 120. 6 ft 200. Ski renegades eery day. Very happy with them after a haste purchase due to an explosion. The plastic is definitely heat sensitive, I flexed them to the floor in the shop and today in minus 14 had limited movement. Power wraps helped.
    I'm definitely going to try put some rockered soles on them to improve my apres/work experiences