Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that the colours etc were the same on the website as well. And no bragging about new tech or anything. Just trying to find out if there are any slight changes in flex etc

Was at evo in PDX yesterday and the boot fitter there seemed to think they were just rolling over the boot from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Was at evo in PDX yesterday and the boot fitter there seemed to think they were just rolling over the boot from last year.
    I believe that's true for the Cochise boots. New for 2018 is colors for Ten.2 boots, 115 flex and moldable spoilers for women, Grilamid for Zero G shells.

Yeah. We were actually talking about the Cochise 120 only now that I think about it

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    115 flex and moldable spoilers for women
    This is good news. Between that and the Hawx XTD, women's touring boots are definitely moving in the right direction. Does it come in a true 22 yet?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I think the only change is that two of the models are using a different plastic than last year, but are otherwise the same. Was mentioned earlier in this thread or one of the other ones on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Does it come in a true 22 yet?
    Not sure, will check BSL's when they get here.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Not sure, will check BSL's when they get here.
    Awesome. Thanks Greg!
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Tecnica Boots 2016/2017

Edited: talking about the *Cochise 130 16/17*, which i own and that fit really well

*not Cochise pro (16/17):

What alpine Boot fits closest ?
    Esp. Instep height?

Doesn‘t has to be Tecnica.... heard the mach1 fits differently...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by salx; 10-14-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salx View Post
    Cochise pro 16/17:

What alpine Boot fits closest ?
    Esp. Instep height?
    The last Cochise Pro was for the 2015-16 season and was the last time they used a different last (98mm) for the 130 flex. Now all the Cochise boots use the same 99mm last. The old one had a slightly taller instep and looser fit around the ankle.

If it's a taller instep dimension you're looking for, Tecnica is still pretty good - the Mach1 and Cochise boots are not as tall as they used to be, but the bootboard (maybe called zeppa where you live) is made to be ground and can give you more volume very quickly. Atomic Hawx boots are fairly generous in instep dimension as well and come in three widths. Dalbello is not bad, especially the new AX last.

Sorry, edited my earlier post, i am talking about the cochise 130 dyn 16/17

I really like instep height and heel hold (actually the best i ever had), just looking for a bit more precise feel.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Too bad they did not change the walk mode at all. My brother's Cochise 130 and my pair of ZG pro both have noticeable play front to back and we have both had the walk mode not engage into ski mode on cold days at the top of a run more than once. Know of another pair from the same shop with similar issues... Disappointing because when they worked they were an awesome boot and super lightweight for the performance. Warranty support from Technica has been good but I'm not into having boots that I have to replace or repair every 25 days.

I too had issues with the lock mechanism failing. It's a known issue.

Tecnica was awesome about replacing my 130's - but they would not send me another Cochise.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    This is good news. Between that and the Hawx XTD, women's touring boots are definitely moving in the right direction. Does it come in a true 22 yet?
    Still no Zero G W Guide Pros in stock, but a 22.5 Hawx Ultra 110 XTD W showed up last week, BSL 262mm! Thanks for leading the charge, Atomic!

Well, I just encountered the walk mode being stuck issue for the first time. I got the cochise pro 130 last march and put 40-50 days on them, including 20-30 short skin laps to the sidecountry. 1st lap today, the right boot got stuck in walk mode at the top. Couldn't get it back in, so said fuck or and skied it in walk mode. Finally got it back in ski mode after taking my boot off at the bottom of the mountain and after many attempts even with the boot off.

After getting it into ski mode, we rode up the lift, traversed the mountain and skied a few runs inbounds and went for lap 2. This time both boots stayed in ski mode for the whole hike. Boots were still good at the top, but only a couple hundred yards in, I caught a little air on the pump track, aaaand pop, cuff goes into walk mode (with the lever still in ski mode). Another lap in fucking walk mode.

After returning home, I found that the plastic at the bottom of the lever had broken. I'm gonna call technica and see if they will warranty the boot, I'm not too happy about this. Photo is pio-ed, but you can see the cracked piece.

^^^ that walk mode switch looks the same as the one on my zero g, and I contacted tecnica about a broken walk mode part and was told it was a manufacturing error and they replaced both for free at a local ski shop.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Bump
    I've been in Salomon boots for 20 years. Bought Cochise 120 this year for touring and love the fit and stance. Finding myself wanting to ski the Cochise at the resort too.
    Question--anyone own both Cochise and Mach1? Is the stance similar? Goal would be to prolong life of the Cochise.

^^^ can't help with that question directly but the cochise is my resort boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Bump
    I've been in Salomon boots for 20 years. Bought Cochise 120 this year for touring and love the fit and stance. Finding myself wanting to ski the Cochise at the resort too.
    Question--anyone own both Cochise and Mach1? Is the stance similar? Goal would be to prolong life of the Cochise.
    I own the Cochise 130s and Mach1 LV130s. Mach1s are clearly better for inbounds skiing, although I’m perfectly happy on Cochises (whereas I’m not on a lighter boot like the Hawx XTD130s).

Fit is fairly similar. Mach1 LV is clearly lower volume in the heel and forefoot but if the Cochise fit, you’ll be able to work with the Mach1s to make them work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    I own the Cochise 130s and Mach1 LV130s. Mach1s are clearly better for inbounds skiing, although I’m perfectly happy on Cochises (whereas I’m not on a lighter boot like the Hawx XTD130s).

Fit is fairly similar. Mach1 LV is clearly lower volume in the heel and forefoot but if the Cochise fit, you’ll be able to work with the Mach1s to make them work too.
    Hey thanks. Are the toe blocks similar? I'm currently changing the toe height on my STH2 bindings every time I switch between the Cochise and the Solly boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Hey thanks. Are the toe blocks similar? I'm currently changing the toe height on my STH2 bindings every time I switch between the Cochise and the Solly boot.
    If that's happening it's likely because your older boot is wearing down.

I haven’t had issues swapping boots with any of my bindings

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Tecnica Boots 2016/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    If that's happening it's likely because your older boot is wearing down.

I’m not sure that’s necessarily true.

I understand there is some variance or tolerance in the ISO 5355 standard. A binding like the STH2 that requires precise adjustment of both toe wings and toe height as well as forward pressure is almost certainly going to require adjustment for two different boots even if they’re both ISO 5355.

E.g. my wife has both a cochise and mach 1 in the same size and same engraved bsl. The mach 1 is slightly taller in toe block, narrower in toe, and noticeably shorter bsl. Switching between the two in a STH2 is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    E.g. my wife has both a cochise and mach 1 in the same size and same engraved bsl. The mach 1 is slightly taller in toe block, narrower in toe, and noticeably shorter bsl. Switching between the two in a STH2 is a pain.
    Pre-2017 Cochise? 2017+ Cochise became the same BSL as Mach 1.