Page 77 of 98 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2440
    Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    Gate was not closed but a temporary saw horse barrier was in its place. Road was snow-covered at the gate then intermittent after that until we turned up into the forest. Coverage pretty consistent after that, and quite good up high.
    Might be time for Lillian, it looks fat from Mission.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    ....training for bowl4
    Are you coming over for closing weekend?

N side of Lillian will hold snow for awhile. FWIW I did S Lillian a few weeks ago, fun tour tho a long ways in and out from Tronsen.

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    N side of Lillian will hold snow for awhile. FWIW I did S Lillian a few weeks ago, fun tour tho a long ways in and out from Tronsen.
    It's nice when you can hit it when the road is clear to the trailhead but the window is small.

Sweet photos, Norseman!

Sick! Keep it coming it's not enough to just ski where I'm at I wanna pretend I'm there too!

It's like training for actually being there someday.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Hmmmmm. Extended forecast calling for light precip followed by ridging

How's coverage at Mission? Anything to worry about in the bowls (aside from the usual)? No need for rock skis this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    How's coverage at Mission? Anything to worry about in the bowls (aside from the usual)? No need for rock skis this weekend?
    I haven't been up there in a couple weeks but I would imagine it's still very good coverage. What day are you headed up? I'm planning on being there Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    Coverage is great top to bottom. I skied Bowl 4 yesterday. The rocks are obvious in all the Bowls but the coverage is great.

$30 tickets to Alpy if you show your pass from another mountain.

I have one last free pass that someone needs to use before the end of the season

I'm out this weekend, taking the day off and resting the legs to run a tough trail half marathon with Honey tomorrow.
    Plan to be at Alpy for Cinco
    50K foot race on May 13 in Oregon
    After than I'll be focused on spring/summer touring
    Things are still on course for best June touring in years
    Hope to start meeting up in a few weeks with fellow mags up the T-way, WAPass, etc.

Alpy BC nice today. 3+" ish inches of fresh from last night skied quite well on sheltered, smooth slopes above about 4,500. Gloppy below and getting gloppier during the day. Cornices, snow releasing from rock slabs, falling ice, roller balls remain concerning at all elevations. Watch overhead hazard if you venture out this week, with 10k' freezing levels it would seem a substantial purge is coming.

Still beaucoup neige up there. Yum.

Any advice on best time for a Baker mission this spring? Thinking June or July. Sorry Canadian noob question.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Any advice on best time for a Baker mission this spring? Thinking June or July.
    Mt. Baker the mountain or Mt. Baker the ski area? if the former, the 3 most popular routes are the Easton Glacier, Coleman-Deming and Squak Glacier, and numerous less-traveled routes, e.g. Boulder Glacier. IMO, of the 3 popular routes, C-D is the most interesting in terms of alpine travel, less direct line. Easton is the most straightforward routefinding and usually will have the least crevasse issues. Squak has a great skiing line if crevasse end runs are not in issue. All 3 routes join near the top at the so-called "Roman Wall" which is 30* or so. I enjoyed all 3 routes. All 3 have lots of options for great camps, although some parties do the Easton and Squak in a day. (My 3rd of 3 Easton routes was a day trip.) Access will be a factor in route selection this June. Feel free to PM me for more detailed info on those 3 routes.
    Last edited by DIYSteve; 05-04-2017 at 11:40 AM.

^^^ thank you will do.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

having done both CD and squak routes, i highly recommend the squak. less crowded, better fall line skiing, plus you get to go by the crater, which you don't see from the CD route. from BC, it's a bit of a longer drive since you have to get to the south side of the mtn, but well worth it in my opinion. i also recommend making it an overnight trip. makes for a more relaxed trip and on a clear morning on the squak, you wake up to a sweet view of rainier

Hey old friends, thinking about a last minute trip to the cascades to take advantage of your nicer weather than here in NW Montana. Any road/conditions updates on Stuart Range/Enchantments? Mt adams? St Helens? North Cascades? Thanks all. I'll be sure to report back after and share what I learned.

Looks like Memorial Day for wa pass
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

(from : https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/chinook-cayuse )

WSDOT crews began clearing Chinook and Cayuse passes on Wednesday, March 1. We aim to reopen both Chinook and Cayuse passes Memorial Day weekend (Cayuse usually reopens first). However, we are seeing more snowfall than average this year so our clearing work could hamper our target date. Drivers can now sign up for email alerts for US 12/White Pass, SR 410/Chinook Pass and SR 123/Cayuse Pass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wsdot/...7680921627450/

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Hey old friends, thinking about a last minute trip to the cascades to take advantage of your nicer weather than here in NW Montana. Any road/conditions updates on Stuart Range/Enchantments? Mt adams? St Helens? North Cascades? Thanks all. I'll be sure to report back after and share what I learned.
    A ton of snow above 5k in the Stuart Range. This would probably be a good year if you want to ski something spicy up there.

Smokin' bathsalts, skiin' steeps.

Oh yeah, things are setting up for great Stuart Range touring late May through June. Best snowpack >5000' in years.

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Any road/conditions updates on Stuart Range/Enchantments? Mt adams?
    Most recent info: NF T-way road is blocked by snow >1 mile below Beverly, gonna be awhile. Best bet right now might be Bean Basin tours via walking the road to Bean/Bev TH and hope the stream crossing aint to bad. Dunno about Icicle Road, but I think Jeff R's party toured the 'Chants traverse a couple weeks ago.

Re Adams access: FS Road 23 has multiple washouts and too little money in the budget