Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2173
    Found some soft and some variable tonight at Stevens. Far from perfect but better than expected. The wind buff on upper Skyline was amazing and made for smooth turns all night.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

High speed Chinese downhills on fast and firm groomers with the NCW maggot crew - kopi_red, nwskier, kai_ski and Aaron Wright. Average speed was 50mph per Nwskiers GPS. Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by tripice351 View Post
    If that's what passes for a bad day at Baker, I can't wait to see a good day there. Chair6 and 1 were closed, but the stoke meter stayed pegged all day. I'll be back someday soon.
    Nice riding with you this week, dude. You managed to slay a bunch of different snow types besides cold smoke, congrats and well done! You pretty much rode a maritime pack, coming from the desert SW, you rode awesome! Keep in touch.
    bF

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    High speed Chinese downhills on fast and firm groomers with the NCW maggot crew - kopi_red, nwskier, kai_ski and Aaron Wright. Average speed was 50mph per Nwskiers GPS. Fun.
    You guys were going a little fast for my comfort level given the conditions. Nice to see everyone. I'm not sure about the Passion Fruit Ale though.

It's ok they were the best skiers on the mountain.
    ncw? north cascade winners
    bF

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    It's ok they were the best skiers on the mountain.
    ncw? north cascade winners
    Quoted for truth....
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    You guys were going a little fast for my comfort level given the conditions. Nice to see everyone. I'm not sure about the Passion Fruit Ale though.
    I kinda liked the beer. Nice to see you too. Wish it'd get warmer, bowl 4 is looking filled in.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Nice riding with you this week, dude. You managed to slay a bunch of different snow types besides cold smoke, congrats and well done! You pretty much rode a maritime pack, coming from the desert SW, you rode awesome! Keep in touch.
    Haha, thanks. Wish I had more time Thursday to learn the layout of the upper half, or took more than a quick look at the trail map. Same thing with Baker and Stevens, these mountains lift accessed terrain are far bigger and more spread out than what I'm used to.

Didn't get to see the upper half of Stevens or Baker (or the Padded seats on a day without frozen avalanche debris from end to end of the cliffs), so can't fully pick a winner, but I'm pretty sure us knuckledraggers are supposed to vote Baker. I didn't see Crystal this visit, but a dentist from Seattle told me it's the best. :thefinge:

Had a great day at xtal with the soon to be two year old today. Really is an exceptional hill.

Quote Originally Posted by tripice351 View Post
    Haha, thanks. Wish I had more time Thursday to learn the layout of the upper half, or took more than a quick look at the trail map. Same thing with Baker and Stevens, these mountains lift accessed terrain are far bigger and more spread out than what I'm used to.

Didn't get to see the upper half of Stevens or Baker (or the Padded seats on a day without frozen avalanche debris from end to end of the cliffs), so can't fully pick a winner, but I'm pretty sure us knuckledraggers are supposed to vote Baker. I didn't see Crystal this visit, but a dentist from Seattle told me it's the best. :thefinge:
    Well Played!
    bF

Anyone at Stevens tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Anyone at Stevens tomorrow?
    Maybe Friday

Was nice to get some sunshine yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Really fun skiing at Mission today with Neil, Kai and his woman. Steeper north facing held dense new snow mixed with graupel. Groomers were fantastic and Bowl 4 and Microwave were great. Blue skies and cool to moderate temps. Way better than expected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0038.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	203122

Pretty big day for Todd.

Booters are for the park!

"Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

^ whaddaya expect, dumbass?

- - - -

Went up to Paradise yesterday for the first time this spring to try some new skis and take a gander at routes/conditions. Turned around at 8400ft due to time/weather. I had hoped to make a loop by skiing the Paradise Gl, but its surface conditions were worse than the Muir... mega sastrugi. Ok cold windblown down into Pebble cr, and hot pow cake below Pan.

I'll include a few recon photos here for those interested... the light got flat by the time I turned around... apologies for some of these being poor shots.

Upper Nisqually direct, anyone??!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    ... apologies for some of these being poor shots.

Apology accepted.

Baker didn't suck yesterday

Super fun skiing at the Ridge today. Met Kai midmorning and we had some pretty stellar runs. Snowed pretty good all day until 1.

Anyone up at snoqualmie today? Wondering if there has been enough rain to cancel touring plans tomorrow morning?

Just back from two very good, and very different, ski days at the Windy Hill. Sunny corn spring skiing yesterday. Powder storm skiing today. Stayed in the camper along side my buds in their RV. Ran into one of the RV lot regulars. Only bad thing was learning that RV parking is now $20/night. No biggie cuz we used our Summit passes to ski free per reciprocity deal.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Booters are for the park!

Before the vid showed up, I thought Norseman was calling you a dumbass after watching I can guarantee you that would NOT be happening in LoT4!
    bF

Great pics foreal and norse. Rainier's looking pretty nicely filled in, though a bit more ice showing on the Kautz than I was expecting.

Yeah, the mid- and low-elevations, maybe 11k and below, looked fat. The higher features looked wind-blasted and bare, but the lee sides were filled in. Yes, Kautz was blue but the Fuhrer digits and above looked good. I bet the eastern aspects are super fat and will last a long time this summer.

"Fuck you, Norseman, for being right. They are the magic skis" - NW_SKIER after having an epiphany the first time ever on his Billygoats