Page 52 of 98 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2440
    Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Hurricane ridge? Where is this far western place I've got a day without kids Monday.
    Well worth the mini-road trip, but always double check the road is open before you start driving. Awesome community vibe up there and you can have some great snow on occasion. Hit Sunny Farms in Sequim for snacks on your way West. Dinner in Port Townsend via a scenic detour.

Hurricane ridge? Where is this far western place I've got a day without kids Monday.
    It's way East...as in some place where rich people with private jets like to fly into. Been a bit difficult with 3 feet of snow the past 3 days to get here with the private jet. Started nuking when I called it quits at 1PM. Got to work on my powder legs...Day started bluebird and the shred frenzy was on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3205.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	200378

And hopefully this one isn't upside down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]200379[/ATTACH

Forecast for more of the same for Monday. Which means skiing in a storm with another foot on tap...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3209.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1,018.3 KB 
ID:	200379  
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Ok I'm lost where the heck is that toadman?
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Ok I'm lost where the heck is that toadman?
    Sun Valley
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Bet it was good! Sun Valley rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    It's way East...as in some place where rich people with private jets like to fly into. Been a bit difficult with 3 feet of snow the past 3 days to get here with the private jet. Started nuking when I called it quits at 1PM. Got to work on my powder legs...Day started bluebird and the shred frenzy was on.

Name:	IMG_3205.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	200378

And hopefully this one isn't upside down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]200379[/ATTACH

Forecast for more of the same for Monday. Which means skiing in a storm with another foot on tap...
    That second picture makes no sense to me. Looks like chairlift is going down hill.

Blewett was total dust on weird crust but it was nice to get some fresh air and exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    That second picture makes no sense to me. Looks like chairlift is going down hill.
    I think it lets people get from the top of one drainage to the other without skiing to the bottom. I haven't been there during ski season for ~15 years though so I could be off

http://longrangesnowcenter.blogspot....-19th-feb.html

PNW looks to do well out of the long term forecast.

Gettin off early at 10AM today, conditions at Hurricane Ridge should be all time with an unprecedented 3+ inches of fresh. I'll let you guys know how it was, that is if ONP decides to open "their" road.

Report from our Neighbor to the North: Whistler yesterday was watery at the base, poor viz in the alpine, but in the upper-mid mountain realm exhibited firm, smooth, chalky, edgeable and generally fairly pleasant conditions on top of a not-too-bad crust. Some fat flakes even fell sporadically.

Encouraging forecast. Nothing huge but 12-14" inches total forecasted for the next few days.
    Last edited by DIYSteve; 02-20-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I think it lets people get from the top of one drainage to the other without skiing to the bottom. I haven't been there during ski season for ~15 years though so I could be off
    This. The locals call it the lift to no where. But it goes some place really good. It wasn't spinning today. High winds and puking like Ullr has a cold. Skied untracked at 2PM today. Not just a few turns but a couple dozen. (So I like to turn, what's the big deal?) Wind hammered on the SW facing slopes. I'm hoping they open Seattle Ridge tomorrow, so I can get a few turns in before I have to head back to Seattle, It will be epic. Was getting up to the knees when I called it. Or should I say my legs said, "no mas, por favor."

Pretty sweet day at Mission, snowed steadily all day. Most places you couldn't feel the crust anymore. Highlight was a short hike into Microwave Bowl and then over the moraine and into Sugar Bowl. Boot top and deeper and light enough for a few faceshots. Surprising lack of crowds after yesterday. Tomorrow looks to be windbuffed in the open and deep in protected areas, the wind was really picking up when I left at 3:30.

Mission mags might find the padded seats enjoyable in the morning...

Name:	20170220_131905.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	402.0 KB 
ID:	200613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170220_131907.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	557.1 KB 
ID:	200614Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170221-062326.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	478.1 KB 
ID:	200615

Hurricane Ridge was awesome yesterday.

Locals only please...

Just kidding, you guys can come up if you want, just make sure to pitch the park ranger some sh*t for us poor locals.

Mission Ridge was of acceptable snow quality. Took 2 laps out into Bowl 4 with the meadow skipping spirit guide himself. Boot top wind affected powder, barely felt the crust unless you really pushed hard.

I still think bowl 4 would be a great place for a chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Mission Ridge was of acceptable snow quality. Took 2 laps out into Bowl 4 with the meadow skipping spirit guide himself. Boot top wind affected powder, barely felt the crust unless you really pushed hard.

I still think bowl 4 would be a great place for a chair.
    We went back after a break. The youngest person was 44 and the oldest was 69. You might have been able to beat the 69 yo on the hike. Everyone noted the density change halfway down the bowl, everyone agreed that it was worth the walk and would hit it in the morning. We'll have to do some more exploring. Thanks for being a good sport.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    We went back after a break. The youngest person was 44 and the oldest was 69. You might have been able to beat the 69 yo on the hike. Everyone noted the density change halfway down the bowl, everyone agreed that it was worth the walk and would hit it in the morning. We'll have to do some more exploring. Thanks for being a good sport.
    I know I'm out of shape, you don't need to tell the board about what a fat fuck I am...

I know I'm out of shape, you don't need to tell the board about what a fat fuck I am...
    You're not fat but you could use a little conditioning. You make up for it on the down.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    You're not fat but you could use a little conditioning. You make up for it on the down.
    Sounds about right, I'm on a quest to get in primo shape so I can crush Norseman and NW_Skier on the volcanos this spring. (ha!)

Sounds about right, I'm on a quest to get in primo shape so I can crush Norseman and NW_Skier on the volcanos this spring. (ha!)
    I'm excited to have another touring partner.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    I'm excited to have another touring partner.
    Plus we can both protect each other from wolves, with our 9mm.

Can I come? I've got a .44
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Plus we can both protect each other from wolves, with our 9mm.
    Who gets custody of the 9mm in the event that the relationship doesn't work out?