Page 50 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2440
    I would like to thank WSDOT for their hard work this week.

place looks mediocre

Probably going to be terrible tomorrow with the Banked Salmon event. Everyone should just go to Stevens or Crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    The NWAC telemetry for xstal is not as helpful as I was hoping. Any other telemetry in the area to look at?

Im curious as to how much rain/freezing rain the upper mountain received, and consequently how much of this next shot of snow is going to slide today and tomorrow morning.
    Powder bowl slid to the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Ooo! Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    No shit, the whole thing ripped out?
    Top to bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    No shit, the whole thing ripped out?
    Top to bottom?
    Well, that'll make the whole Lucky Shot, etc. thing interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    So no moguls then. I guess they'll have to start from scratch.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Stevens was all over the place with a wind affected crust over most of the mountain. The crust was breakable in most places with a few fun pockets here and there of deep goodness. Trees were rough with avy debris and icy mounds abounding. Made for interesting skiing. Backside had some freshies up high and wind crust most everywhere else. Not a terrible day but no where near as fun as last weekend's conditions.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Anybody have a set of thule crossbars they don't need? Got a new car and the subie rack is too narrow.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

still able to ski skiers left in powder bowl. no Campbell basin, just powder bowl. ice underneath was noticeable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Powder Bowl Feb 2017.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	495.3 KB 
ID:	199700

sorry, about sideways pic. must be the trump admin. hacking tgr.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Nice. Big slide. Pics of debris?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Negative. Didn't take any pics of the debris field.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Powder Bowl slide was deep, but not terribly wide. Debris field slid down to the edge of Lucky Shot. Impacted area is appropriately roped off.

Southback opened Sunday afternoon. Sun softened up the dust-on-crust effect and left Crystal with spring conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    Southback opened Sunday afternoon. Sun softened up the dust-on-crust effect and left Crystal with spring conditions.
    Indeed. We never hiked but it's hard to complain about Campbell Basin laps in the sun with 360 views from up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Anybody have a set of thule crossbars they don't need? Got a new car and the subie rack is too narrow.
    Square bars just over 49", circa 2000 vintage (plus towers and fairing), would that work?

Almost a week late to the party, but 2/8 at Stevens was a ghost town pow day. I was able to ride mostly free refills from 11:30am - 9:30pm. Only shitty thing was freezing rain hit Stevens just below 5k ft between 6pm-7pm, which then triggered a series of natural avy's covering hwy 2 and then closed the pass and drastically changed my plans on getting home at a reasonable time.

However, our group was able to establish a high traverse during the night from the top of skyline all the way to the N-NE facing pillow line above meadows, which I've only been able to access from the 7th Heaven Cloud 9 chutes in the past. Pillow lines and untracked pow partially lit by the lights used for skyline and hogsback was pretty surreal.

Only bummer is I chose the wrong day to sleep overnight in my car at the resort though. Took me till Friday afternoon to get home...whoops. Spent most of the weekend working due to my mad pow disease induced negligence.
    there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Freezing rain is back for a day or so. Telemetry is bleak but forecast calls for temp drop and snow. Gonna be a weird layer cake spring snowpack. Good news is that the glaciers 7K' and above have been getting lots of snow. Honey and I had a nice St. V Day, XC skiing Erling Stordahl trails followed by a few firm laps at Silver Fir.

Is it over?

I've been checking the forecast pretty regularly but it looks bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by Skerby View Post
    Is it over?

Settle down Francis, it's only mid February. We're lucky we haven't seen a warmup earlier. Late February, March and April are usually big snow producers.

and May and June are usually great months for touring

Quote Originally Posted by Powaholic View Post
    [video=youtube;kwZskYx4ftc]
    Almost a week late to the party, but 2/8 at Stevens was a ghost town pow day. I was able to ride mostly free refills from 11:30am - 9:30pm. Only shitty thing was freezing rain hit Stevens just below 5k ft between 6pm-7pm, which then triggered a series of natural avy's covering hwy 2 and then closed the pass and drastically changed my plans on getting home at a reasonable time.

However, our group was able to establish a high traverse during the night from the top of skyline all the way to the N-NE facing pillow line above meadows, which I've only been able to access from the 7th Heaven Cloud 9 chutes in the past. Pillow lines and untracked pow partially lit by the lights used for skyline and hogsback was pretty surreal.

Only bummer is I chose the wrong day to sleep overnight in my car at the resort though. Took me till Friday afternoon to get home...whoops. Spent most of the weekend working due to my mad pow disease induced negligence.
    Nice vid! Was up 2/8 for nightskiing as well; it was pretty good. Freezing rain was pretty brutal on your face during high-speed runouts. That's crazy that it took you that long to get home!

Quote Originally Posted by Skerby View Post
    Is it over?

Stevens:
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...8#.WKTtqzsrJnI

Alpy:
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2#.WKTtwjsrJnI

Paradise:
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...4#.WKTt-jsrJnI

Baker:
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...7#.WKTuFDsrJnI

Xtal:
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...3#.WKTu2jsrJnI

Not great, but definitely not bleak. Friday will be pretty decent across WA. If you believe Wunderground's snow accumulation predictions, Monday/Tuesday will be even better.

This week's weather is brought to you by the fact that I'm on-call for work... Old Man Winter & I have an agreement, either snow in the city when I'm on-call or no snow anywhere at all

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    This week's weather is brought to you by the fact that I'm on-call for work... Old Man Winter & I have an agreement, either snow in the city when I'm on-call or no snow anywhere at all
    What about any agreements with Mother Nature? Can you give her a ring, and tell her to have a word with Old Man Winter, and to get off his fat ass and chill things out and bring us some more blower pow-pow..

Thanks from those of us not on call, and not working this weekend...