Page 51 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2440
    Winter will be back
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Raining hard in Whistler. Rained top to bottom today. The mountain is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Settle down Francis, it's only mid February. We're lucky we haven't seen a warmup earlier. Late February, March and April are usually big snow producers.
    Mud wrestling might be more a propo.

http://www.nwac.us/weatherdata/missionridge/now/

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Mud wrestling might be more a propo.

http://www.nwac.us/weatherdata/missionridge/now/
    Apropos? Slush cup tomorrow provided it doesn't freeze.

The Loup was closed today thanks to the freezing rain. So, yeah, pretty much everywhere is FUKT
    Last edited by pipedream; 02-16-2017 at 03:27 AM.

Bring your favorite flavored syrup and make snow cones!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Bring your favorite flavored syrup and make snow cones!
    Thanks for the support guys.

Looks like another weekend on Nordic gear

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    Looks like another weekend on Nordic gear
    View from my bedroom window this morning revealed rain line to at least 7500' on the Stuart Range. Nordic it is.

NWAC just added some nice new charts to their website so we can see how shitty the snow will be. Looks like it is floating around freezing at alpental right now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	97 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	200072

Central and Alpental last week were all time! Triple 60 was the best conditions I've ever skied it in once the pass opened!

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    If you detour around through the gorge tonight, you're welcome to stay at my house. Long ass trip though.
    Posting late re: all passes fucked...

Last Thursday, the 9th, I was supposed to head up to Glacier from Wenatchee for the LBS. Watching the WSDOT website was like a knife in the back, I felt completely betrayed by Old Man Winter. At 11:30 AM I finally decided I had to shit or get off the pot so I threw everything in my truck and took off for Portland. I was lucky enough to get there just in time for traffic and then had to run into Bellingham for a key, turning what should have been a 4 hour drive into 11 hours. But dammit, I made it (wish I could say the same for riding in the finals on Sunday)
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Skiing at Mission this afternoon exceeded expectations. Not nearly as icy as I had thought it would be. Proto-corn in direct sun on steeper stuff and a weird grippy surface on an otherwise bullet proof surface in most other areas. I don't think the forecast new snow will have too much trouble bonding to the old snow.

'Proto-corn'; whats that?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Skiing at Mission this afternoon exceeded expectations. Not nearly as icy as I had thought it would be. Proto-corn in direct sun on steeper stuff and a weird grippy surface on an otherwise bullet proof surface in most other areas. I don't think the forecast new snow will have too much trouble bonding to the old snow.
    Todd..."Want...Big...Chair...Right...Now!" And boy was I glad to follow my two-year-old. Skied way better than I would have expected as well. Reminded me of a day at Sun Valley. All man made snow but the groomers had some weird aerating attachment that left a swath of 3 inch deep sugar behind them. Not saying that Mission has these attachments to their groomers but boy did that snow ski well that should have been boilerplate at best.

Quote Originally Posted by irratator View Post
    'Proto-corn'; whats that?
    Not quite real corn, but just enough melt over a solid crust that made it fun.

Abraham represent!

First Saturday in months that Stevens lots didn't reach capacity. That's a clue on conditions, groomed stuff was fine but off was dust on refrozen junk with blue ice in spots. Desperately need a dense & deep reset.

3" of creamy new snow made skiing at the Ridge today more than acceptable. Highlight was 4 laps out in Bowl 5.

10" in the far reaches of the W in the PNW was not too shabby. Forecast calling for a repeat of today. I will take it gladly.

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

SNOW IN THE PNW 2016-17: Return of the Shred-i

Hurricane ridge? Where is this far western place I've got a day without kids Monday.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

“I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

looks rad