Page 58 of 98 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2440
    BC near Alpental was very good.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

SNOW IN THE PNW 2016-17: Return of the Shred-i

Baker was rediculous today. Over the head blower. Just getting over to the steeps was waist deep. Definitely tits deep in spots. Lots of time choking on snow. Definitely got warm at the end of the day. Gonna wanna get high tomorrow.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 03-05-2017 at 04:09 AM.

Possibly best public day of the year yesterday at the great white dead-end. Quality, consistency, depth, visibility, crowds, all lined up for a ludicrous day.

Balls deep is good. Tits deep is better. Nice score, dudes.

Couldn't help but put a few tracks in this zone yesterday

Think we're getting rain Wed?

Incredible day at Baker Saturday. Nothing but huge smiles, hoots and laughs all morning. I've never been there when chair 5 skied so soft all day. Speaking of, anybody else see the poor soul that patrol had roped up above one of the Gable's cliffs late in the day?

Good day at Mission. Found some great snow and some so so snow and some scary dust on boilerplate in Microwave Bowl and Outback. Two really nice laps out in Paradise Bowl. Great skiing off Castle Peak. Great run off the moraine in Microwave bowl through Sugar Bowl. Stayed nice and cold. Sunny, cloudy, graupelly.

Solid bc day at the High 12 today. Skied with Sass_Ski, Paterero, and his gal. Good stuff out there. Cloud cover kept the snow nice and cold all day. Careful aspect choices made for a kick ass, and also safe day. A bit windy this morning. Wind slabs were very reactive.

Paterero's gal

Sass_ski tits deep

Paterero getting some pow in his lungs. So dry for March. What a season!

Hell of a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    Skipped Baker today and stayed close by for our first time at Alpental. Damn, it was a fun day. Alpental delivered. Baker tomorrow.
    Good to share a chair with you, good timing on the visit

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Solid bc day at the High 12 today. Skied with Sass_Ski, Paterero, and his gal. Good stuff out there. Cloud cover kept the snow nice and cold all day. Careful aspect choices made for a kick ass, and also safe day. A bit windy this morning. Wind slabs were very reactive.

Paterero's gal

Sass_ski tits deep

Paterero getting some pow in his lungs. So dry for March. What a season!

Hell of a good day!
    Looks fun. I may be heading that way first week of April. Still working out logistics with kids.

[QUOTE=2FUNKY;4958626]Silver fully delivered the goods on Thursday! High winds shuttered the mountain on Wednesday and dropped over 20" of snow. Lifts popped with the sun burning through thin clouds. Mooseknuckles came down to see what all the fuss was about. Ripped ski on laps of untracked goodness all fookin day. /QUOTE]

2FUNKY delivered the goods. Silver was just the site of the carnage. Great day with a fantastic host. 3 out of 4 inbound days and 1 BC day thrown in for good measure. Low temps and more snow in the forecast for this neck of the PNW.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5249.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	201689  

Dragons lurking east of stevens pass. Sketchier today than yesterday. Sliding down to the rain crust 3-4 feet deep. Be safe out there. The top layers are stable and blower but a slick surface with facets lurk below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1488772516530.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	201690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1488772525228.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	201691
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Yikes...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Dragons lurking east of stevens pass. Sketchier today than yesterday. Sliding down to the rain crust 3-4 feet deep. Be safe out there. The top layers are stable and blower but a slick surface with facets lurk below

Name:	1488772516530.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	201690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1488772525228.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	201691
    Send those to NWAC!
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Nice day skiing laps on Kendall. At least once you got up high enough.

Name:	GH3_P1060832.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	529.4 KB 
ID:	201695

Less nice getting back to the car to find someone snaked the beers we'd stashed under the bumper. Fine, whatever, I can deal, but the part that really chaps my ass was leaving the sixer rings. You're going to jack our beers, not even leave a token single, and then make us clean up the trash? At least be an adult and pick up after yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wawawa View Post

Name:	GH3_P1060832.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	529.4 KB 
ID:	201695

Less nice getting back to the car to find someone snaked the beers we'd stashed under the bumper. Fine, whatever, I can deal, but the part that really chaps my ass was leaving the sixer rings. You're going to jack our beers, not even leave a token single, and then make us clean up the trash? At least be an adult and pick up after yourself.
    Shiit, I was high and dry at Alpy all day and you're telling me I coulda poached an entire cold sixer if I'd bothered to wander down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Shiit, I was high and dry at Alpy all day and you're telling me I coulda poached an entire cold sixer if I'd bothered to wander down the road?
    Naw, only four. You woulda been disappointed.

Dusting off my login, which has accumulated quite a bit of dust on it since last use. I posted this over on the Padded Seats thread as well, but figured I'd get some exposure for the upcoming NWAC fundraiser day at Alpental coming up on Monday, March 13th. [Full disclosure, I'm on the NWAC board and work for evo, and have been working hard to put this thing together]:

After a number of years capping the season with Snowball in Seattle, NWAC is looking to do something different this year, and has partnered up with evo to do a small-capacity (but fully open mountain) private day at Alpental as a fundraiser for the avy center and their forecasting, education, and outreach efforts.

What: AWOL at Alpental, a private ski/ride day to benefit NWAC
    When: Monday, March 13th, from 9am to 3pm
    Tickets & Info: http://awolatalpental.bpt.me/ (tickets required to attend, and limited in availability)

Tickets are $150/person for the day, and we're capping it at 300 people instead of the normal couple thousand for Alpy. The ticket cost covers your skiing/riding, demos of next year's skis and snowboards from 12-15 of evo's best brands, beers and BBQ on the deck at Alpental, raffles, and more. We'll have demos and raffles from: Sponsors include: Faction // Ortovox // Salomon Alpine and Snowboard // Nordica // Line Skis // FT Boots // Atomic // Jones // YES // Now // K2 Skis // Lib Tech // GNU // Oakley // Burton // anon // Volkl //Marker // Armada Skis // Giro // Nitro // CAPiTA // Union

All proceeds from the event go to NWAC to support avalanche and mountain weather forecasting, avalanche education classes, and the field observer program. If you ski or ride in the Cascades (even if it's just at the resort), NWAC's services are critical to resort operations and backcountry users.

It's a day off from work and real money out of the wallet, but it's going to be super fun and all for a good cause. If the conditions line up right next week, it could be all time with no lift lines and less pressure for fresh tracks. If not, it's still going to be really fun.
    Last edited by 3pin; 03-06-2017 at 12:59 AM.

Ballzdeep is good, foreal!

Quote Originally Posted by Wawawa View Post
    Looking good. We toured nearby, found great pow. Reactive snowpack >35 degrees so we sought lower angle stuff. We ran into a party at Snow Lake on Saturday, said they were "going there" while pointing at Avalanche Peak. Later that day Seattle Mountain Rescue evacuated an avy victim with a broken femur. Link

Smiles all day...NWSkier kept saying something about Lhasa pows

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Smiles all day...NWSkier kept saying something about Lhasa pows

That was some tasty snow. Great day out there with you, bud.

Z- good on you for posting. What aspect and elevation that was? Widespread or just a pocket?

Thx brother

Hurricane Ridge closes on the 12th.