Page 84 of 107 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2668
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahar View Post
    They run the gondi, how much more could it cost to spin GV...
    I've always heard its the additional insurance, not personnel or energy costs, that wreck ROI for extending the season.

Oh, how I miss the mighty Tahoma. SR and the EH look awfully tasty.

Nice photos, S!
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Stevens didn't suck today, esp. on high this morning. The intermittent slush shower slowed things down in the afternoon, but with sufficient lubrication and pitch, it wasn't that big of an issue. The drive and the impressive turn-out which led to significant lift lines due to the lack of backside ops OTOH... let's just say I shared a chair w/ a marketing & sales employee and I bit my tongue hard enough to draw blood

1:35 up w/o any stops, 2:40 on the way home - probably would've been just as long w/o detouring along the other side of the river from Index -> Gold Bar like I did (N.B. When the sign says the May Creek bridge is out... it's out )

P.S. ratboy sighted shouting in the trees while sending things which make my knees hurt just watching... I'm sure his closing day edit will be choice
    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

Tronsen tour today. Better than expected turns in the bowls directly N of Windy Knob. Funky and discontinuous down low. Snow flurries when we left. Up high best snowpack I've seen up there this late.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Stevens didn't suck today, esp. on high this morning. The intermittent slush shower slowed things down in the afternoon, but with sufficient lubrication and pitch, it wasn't that big of an issue. The drive and the impressive turn-out which led to significant lift lines due to the lack of backside ops OTOH... let's just say I shared a chair w/ a marketing & sales employee and I bit my tongue hard enough to draw blood

1:35 up w/o any stops, 2:40 on the way home - probably would've been just as long w/o detouring along the other side of the river from Index -> Gold Bar like I did (N.B. When the sign says the May Creek bridge is out... it's out )

P.S. ratboy sighted shouting in the trees while sending things which make my knees hurt just watching... I'm sure his closing day edit will be choice
    You're supposed to do a soup/parking FUNdamentals lot report on the closing day, not a hill report.

My bad, wordbird. The soup was tallboys of Miller, seasoned with the dregs of last fall's harvest of Sour D, poured over a fine base of Oreos and filtered thru a bag of pickle-flavored TIm's.

Parking wasn't an issue, although it felt like I had to walk an eternity just to reach the snow compared to Lot 4. Less dog poop and zero uphill travelers, though.

Beauty fotos, S. The big hill looking tasty. What a difference a day makes.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    My bad, wordbird. The soup was tallboys of Miller, seasoned with the dregs of last fall's harvest of Sour D, poured over a fine base of Oreos and filtered thru a bag of pickle-flavored TIm's.

Parking wasn't an issue, although it felt like I had to walk an eternity just to reach the snow compared to Lot 4. Less dog poop and zero uphill travelers, though.
    Only ***, needs more Rainier for an excellent grade.

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    Only ***
    Fine by me. **** is usually too spicy anyways

Cool snaps Norseman, good to run into your crew. I coulda sat at Muir all day bullshitting... But the skiing wasn't too bad either. But beer and a BBQ would definitely tip the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    Tronsen tour today. Better than expected turns in the bowls directly N of Windy Knob. Funky and discontinuous down low. Snow flurries when we left. Up high best snowpack I've seen up there this late.
    Was the gate closed for the Tronsen Meadows Rd.? How far to continuous snow?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Was the gate closed for the Tronsen Meadows Rd.? How far to continuous snow?
    Gate was not closed but a temporary saw horse barrier was in its place. Road was snow-covered at the gate then intermittent after that until we turned up into the forest. Coverage pretty consistent after that, and quite good up high.

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    Cool snaps Norseman, good to run into your crew. I coulda sat at Muir all day bullshitting... But the skiing wasn't too bad either. But beer and a BBQ would definitely tip the balance.
    Thanks man. It was good to meet you. Beauty of a day t'was.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

Gate was not closed but a temporary saw horse barrier was in its place. Road was snow-covered at the gate then intermittent after that until we turned up into the forest. Coverage pretty consistent after that, and quite good up high.
    Might be time for Lillian, it looks fat from Mission.

Quote Originally Posted by skajah View Post
    Legendary Q sighting at the southern resort today. Where ya at Bobby?
    ....training for bowl4

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I think you'd be hard pressed to find an xtal employee who likes the idea of staying open. Its hard to keep mountain employees past February/March - they all need to go get started on their other seasonal job.
    time for change and hope

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    ....training for bowl4
    Are you coming over for closing weekend?

No, I haven't skied enough groomers this year to be sufficiently ready for the windy hill. Going to Bachelor instead.

N side of Lillian will hold snow for awhile. FWIW I did S Lillian a few weeks ago, fun tour tho a long ways in and out from Tronsen.

N side of Lillian will hold snow for awhile. FWIW I did S Lillian a few weeks ago, fun tour tho a long ways in and out from Tronsen.
    It's nice when you can hit it when the road is clear to the trailhead but the window is small.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    No, I haven't skied enough groomers this year to be sufficiently ready for the windy hill. Going to Bachelor instead.
    Pretty hard to find a bad turn anywhere at Mission this weekend. Corn, slush and hot pow.

Sweet photos, Norseman!

Sick! Keep it coming it's not enough to just ski where I'm at I wanna pretend I'm there too!

It's like training for actually being there someday.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda