Page 64 of 98 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2440
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post

You showing up for lbd?
    Unfortunately, no. Running a Spartan race that day.

Crystal sure exceeded expectations today in the northern reaches of the southern resort.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    My bff Becky and I hiked it 6 times. It was like big, soft titties.
    I was running in the Bomber Banked Slalom and longly looking out to Bowl 4. The course ran fast and was super fun, a big thanks to the MR park crew for digging the course out!
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Man, what an unexpected pleasure. Crustal brought a 3+ flake day with extra bonus of no people.

Relatively light storm skiing: 3 to 4 lifttower visibility and snow coming down thick.

Gondy was on "wind hold" at the start, but there were no winds by 9:00 so they eventually started loading. Winds were light compared to a lot of PNW storm days, no graupel either, just a flow of flakes.

Cream on crust was the order of the day but in some aspects in Northback, the crust was absent and replaced by simple faceshot pow. We made multiple first track laps back in Paradise, Bruces and even further out Penny Dog way. Up high we'd kick up spindrift, down low it was guanchier with some spots of firm.

The only liftline I saw was on Forest Queen, everything else was virtually ski on.

The frontside off Rainier Express skied great on the upper half where the lower quarter was rattling ruts.

Yeah, Northback was way better than 6/Throne which isn't what I'd usually think.

Stellar surprise simple satisfaction day.

w000000000000t.

B lot was mostly full by 3:00 but again, it sure seems like there's a lot of cars in the lots, but not the numbers of the hill to justify all those cars. What's the deal, are people going up and sitting around texting or tweeting or instagramming about their ski day from the lodge?
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 03-26-2017 at 09:01 PM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Left and right angle trees also had some very nice snow up top. Much better day than expected!

^^Hang in there my friend.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Anyone recall what the Xtal pass price was for 2016/2017? I didn't buy one for this season due to known work related issues but plunked down the cash for next season. Website indicates pass prices are reduced for next season. Just wondering if it went from $699 plus tax to $695 + tax or did they reduce it by more?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Anyone recall what the Xtal pass price was for 2016/2017? I didn't buy one for this season due to known work related issues but plunked down the cash for next season. Website indicates pass prices are reduced for next season. Just wondering if it went from $699 plus tax to $695 + tax or did they reduce it by more?
    Adult anytime pass purchased during first "sale price window" was $800 plus tax for 16/17 season
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    The Internet never forgets: https://web-beta.archive.org/web/201.../season-passes

Is any sort of reciprocity between Crystal/Summit dead for 17/18, besides the new Cascadia add on?

Thx Mags. I guess quite the bargain. Wonder what went into their thinking on dropping prices for next season? They going with the VR model? Sell cheap passes, and they will come? How many EC mags and Mid-west mags are going to be pulling the trigger to ski the secret Shangri-La that is Xtal?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

reduced prices due to zero benefits elsewhere. win-win for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tripice351 View Post
    The Seattle dentist who told me Crystal is the best also told me WA skiing manages to fly under the radar. Do people just hate rain and how expensive Seattle is that much? So many awesome mountains.
    Hard to say why the WA scene doesn't get the same attention as similar snow in, say, Whistler.

WA ski areas don't have the space or hotel infrastructure to be destination resorts. Even Crystal is just a really nice local's mountain.

The real ski bums don't live in Seattle. If all you want to do is ski, move to North Bend, Glacier, Greenwater, Enunclaw, Skykomish, Cle Elum, or Packwood for cheap rent and first chair.

Cheap rent is almost a foreign term. Just bought a house in Snoqualmie for more than I should of and prices are still high and getting higher next door in North Bend. 25 min to Alpy and little over an hour to Crystal is nice.

http://kuow.org/post/seattle-area-gr...rew-bellingham

New Census Bureau data shows our metropolitan region is one of the fastest-growing in the US.

Seattle-Tacoma gained 88,000 people from July 2015 to July 2016, according to the Bureau’s estimates. That’s like gaining a whole new Bellingham or Federal Way.
    6000 new homes with 16k new residents being built in Black Diamond.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 03-28-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

And yet our ski areas stay the same size.

Personally, compared to what it was like here 10 years ago, Washington ski areas are insanely crowded. Can't imagine what it's like other places.

Well crystal added Northway lift 10 years ago but that's about it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    And yet our ski areas stay the same size.

Personally, compared to what it was like here 10 years ago, Washington ski areas are insanely crowded. Can't imagine what it's like other places.
    I hadn't noticed with the exception of a few Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Well crystal added Northway lift 10 years ago but that's about it I think.
    All that terrain was already controlled and easily accessed without that lift. Plus (or minus) with lift, they stopped running the Northway shuttle which cut off a bunch of edgecountry out there.

Really, the only added terrain in the last 20 years is Stevens backside.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I hadn't noticed with the exception of a few Saturdays.
    Don't worry, the crowds are coming.

the PNW market could support at least 2-3 more major ski areas no problem.

Reclaim Yodelin.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Don't worry, the crowds are coming.
    Not if they keep up with their lift "maintenance". Seriously though, the only time I was impacted by crowds this year was during a big race weekend trying to get a beer at Midway and Saturdays and holidays in the main lodge from 11-1. Other than that the crowds weren't even noticeable. People "go skiing" but most of them aren't actually skiing.

In good years, like this one, less people make it over here. Why come here when everywhere else has snow? It seems more "crowded" in marginal seasons when most places have little to no skiing but we have enough for some decent groomer cruising. That and years like last year after a marginal season. People are so stoked to get out even though the conditions are just okay.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Cheap rent is almost a foreign term. Just bought a house in Snoqualmie for more than I should of and prices are still high and getting higher next door in North Bend. 25 min to Alpy and little over an hour to Crystal is nice.
    Now, Seattle is pricey AF for obvious reasons, but I think the home prices in that area have become kind of insane for what is essentially a far suburb..

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    http://kuow.org/post/seattle-area-gr...rew-bellingham

6000 new homes with 16k new residents being built in Black Diamond.
    That does not bode well for uncrowded xtal days or anyone who wants to commute from BD to Seattle....

As Wenatchee continues to push its identity as a recreation town (and grow) and Stevens continues to get hammered by Seattle, Mission will get busier. Lots of Leavenworth people I know are getting passes at Mission instead of Stevens this year.

If the Windy Hill can go a weekend without a lift breaking down, catching fire, derailing, etc we're fucked.

I see the crowds in the lodge when I need food and can't find a farkin table. Sometimes in the lift lines before noon. After lunch things tend to thin out. Everyone's cell phone batteries are low so they leave.