Page 42 of 98 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2440

SNOW IN THE PNW 2016-17: Return of the Shred-i

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    It'd be cool if they'd just work on improving the experience for day guests and not try to be a destination resort. 150" a year snowfall doesn't seem like it will really draw people in as destination for overnight visits, and I think improving parking and lift infrastructure would go a lot further in increasing skier visits from Seattle.

There are simple things that could be implemented right now that would go a long way to improve the experience. Like making sure that your wait staff serve you in a timely manner. Seems like anytime I've eaten at the ridge it's an hour plus ordeal to get a simple meal. Turning more tables might bring more revenue without having to build condos.
    It's because they don't know you. I'm not kidding. I get great service there.

This goes along with your first paragraph, Mission is really just a community ski hill and they should accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I totally believe you, I avoid eating up there for the most part because the service is so slow, not to mention the food is not all that great and seems like this years menu has gotten more expensive with worse food. Not very impressed. I guess next time I should mention I'm friends with Aaron.

The answer is to buy beer at the bar and eat the cafeteria food. At least the fries are hot when you get them.

This goes along with your first paragraph, Mission is really just a community ski hill and they should accept it.
    I doubt that. You probably get good service because you know when to go in for a break. Food service is limited but the wait staff seems to be doing a great job from my point of view. There are just limited food and lodge services compared to what the ski hill can accommodate. I agree that parking could be improved but compared to Steven's pass it is way better. Like a factor of 2-1/2 hours better. I woke up Sunday and looked at the mountain pass cams at 6:00 for Stevens and the lots were already filling up. We got up to Mission at 8:30 and we're parked pretty close to the rear of the upper lot but this was a race weekend.

As to the development of the neighboring property I have been pondering this since the article came out yesterday and I think they are posturing to sell it. I cannot see how it would be an attractive buy for anyone really and I think they have realized that it was a mistake to purchase it.

As far as putting the cart before the horse I think you are referring to the line in the article where they wish to bump skier visits from 100k to 120k. Seems to me that a good start would to be open all week all season. Course I'm not a ski business person either. I love the Ridge and count myself fortunate to not have been evac'd yet. That would suck with Todd.

I don't know why they have two kinds of fries. The frozen ones are what you want if you are not skiing untracked powder...

White was really fun today and really low key. The employees were finally able to get out and mob around the hill. Powder was found in the trees and soft packed powder was found on the steeps. It was a good day.

Have we reached peak lws/Aaron wright yet?

I just wanna know if anyone at Mission was balls enough to ski with mofro.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post

Mofro passed me on a traverse once, I think it was him but it was kind of a blur. He didn't seem like he would deign to ski with any of us.

Are you asking me to stop posting in a passive/aggressive west side way?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post

I pm'd him but he never replied. Would have loved to. Oh well.

I'd ski with him, don't think I could hang though. I ski with all kinds of people and all skill levels.

Lol. Mofro is Bobby fenton
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I pm'd him but he never replied. Would have loved to. Oh well.
    Shoot, I just checked and saw that pm, I for sure would have met up for some laps Saturday or Sunday. I had my data turned off thurs-sun and didn't access the web accept for a brief time on the wife's phone. Also, ATT coverage sucks at Mission. Spent most of my time on 3 anyway watching the kids and skiing around with the Mrs. I'll for sure catch you for a lap at bbi, then I'll be back again to the Windy Hill fri-sun the following week.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Was at Mission with the Mrs. on Saturday. Lots of bunged up lifts but had a quick jalapeño burger and beer with great service sitting at the bar at 11:30ish. Great snow, super friendly lifties and able to ski to the truck in the lower lot at the end of the day.

Anyone want to take a tour on Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Anyone want to take a tour on Friday?
    Why do you always pick Friday? Damn you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Shoot, I just checked and saw that pm, I for sure would have met up for some laps Saturday or Sunday. I had my data turned off thurs-sun and didn't access the web accept for a brief time on the wife's phone. Also, ATT coverage sucks at Mission. Spent most of my time on 3 anyway watching the kids and skiing around with the Mrs. I'll for sure catch you for a lap at bbi, then I'll be back again to the Windy Hill fri-sun the following week.
    Free wifi in the lodge and the only good coverage at Mission is Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Was at Mission with the Mrs. on Saturday. Lots of bunged up lifts but had a quick jalapeño burger and beer with great service sitting at the bar at 11:30ish. Great snow, super friendly lifties and able to ski to the truck in the lower lot at the end of the day.
    Must have been sitting next to you or close. My daughter and I were sitting at the bar from 11-12.

There's pow out there but it ain't gonna find you

EDIT: Spacing...
    Last edited by pipedream; 01-24-2017 at 01:59 AM.

Nice! Did you escape the crust up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I'll for sure catch you for a lap at bbi, then I'll be back again to the Windy Hill fri-sun the following week.
    Sounds good on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Nice! Did you escape the crust up there?
    Sure did. My car, OTOH, had to be chiseled out in Mazama

It was a deep weekend with limited airtime but ample whiteroom visitation

TR forthcoming
    Last edited by pipedream; 01-24-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Must have been sitting next to you or close. My daughter and I were sitting at the bar from 11-12.
    Right end of the bar? I noticed a guy with a younger gal sitting together. My wife was sitting next to your daughter. How did everyone get so old in here?

Hell if I know... I certainly felt my age walking uphill this past weekend. Or maybe that was my beer gut

Looking forward to hearing about your yurting.

Our trip there last year was just an amazingly good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Three videos from out last run on Monday. Skiers are non mags Ty and Colin, newly reformed telewankers, not dentists but veterinarians. I'm in the first vid at the bottom of the bowl standing by the large snow covered boulder and in the second just skiing into the sun.