Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Is there a better 1-tire solution for a 4Runner than the Nokian Rotiiva A/T Plus in LT245/75/17 E?

Is there a difference between the Plus and the not-Plus? the non-plus are notably cheaper...

Something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Not sure if they come in your size, but the Yokohama g015 fit the bill for me.

Super durable a/t tires that also have the severe snow rating. Aren't quite as grippy as dedicated studless snow tires, but have been perfectly fine for my needs in the pnw.

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post

Super durable a/t tires that also have the severe snow rating. Aren't quite as grippy as dedicated studless snow tires, but have been perfectly fine for my needs in the pnw.
    Been quite pleased with these on the wife's rav4 as well. Super quiet too.

Anyone try the Michelin Defender LTX M/S?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Yep that's the tire I've used for years now. I like them a ton. Good/very good performance on unpacked snow, decent on ice, mediocre on dirt roads but not awful. I get tons of mileage out of mine, too. Have them on a Subaru Forester. I highly recommend them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Yep that's the tire I've used for years now. I like them a ton. Good/very good performance on unpacked snow, decent on ice, mediocre on dirt roads but not awful. I get tons of mileage out of mine, too. Have them on a Subaru Forester. I highly recommend them.

I have them on my 4Runner and love them

I drive probably 94% pavement though.

Great in rain and snow.

I’m at 62k on them and still have another 5-10k of good tread left.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I put Vredestein Quatrac Pros on my allroad before last season and I've never had that level of grip with all-season/all-weather in snow and ice before. In my opinion they are really hard to beat in their price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I've never tried them, but in researching tires for my Sequoia, those always came up at the top of the research for a mostly highway tire that still does well in snow/ice etc. I ended up with an AT tire (that was also quite a bit cheaper), but have no doubt those are great tires.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I’m putting new Defenders on later this fall. No reason to try anything else in the PNW for year round use.

I love that driving on rails feeling with fresh tires.

If I were driving in more icy conditions I’d probably just have dedicated winters but western WA these are perfect.

I'm in the market for new tires for the Audi. Needs to be available in a 20" wheel size. I have DWS 06s right now and like them, but havnt used them in the snow on this car. I live in ohio, so no mountain passes or deep snow use.

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    I put Vredestein Quatrac Pros on my allroad before last season and I've never had that level of grip with all-season/all-weather in snow and ice before. In my opinion they are really hard to beat in their price point.

Seconded on the Vredestein Quatrac Pro. Have them on my Outback and they feel very confident in snow. Amazing price too! Would definitely get another set when these wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    I'm in the market for new tires for the Audi. Needs to be available in a 20" wheel size. I have DWS 06s right now and like them, but havnt used them in the snow on this car. I live in ohio, so no mountain passes or deep snow use.

Check out the Vredestein. They are slightly less sporty feeling than the DWS, but much better in both snow and rain.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Seconded on the Vredestein Quatrac Pro. Have them on my Outback and they feel very confident in snow. Amazing price too! Would definitely get another set when these wear out.
    I will have to do some reading on them. My S6 is making 500hp and I want to make sure I'm not sacrificing too much, dry traction or sidewall stiffness.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I had that tire on an AWD infinity and they worked quite well on plowed roads. I was very surprised

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I had that tire on an AWD infinity and they worked quite well on plowed roads. I was very surprised

I have the dws06s currently, and yes great and the clear roads, how were they for you in snow/wet slush?

I will have to do some reading on them. My S6 is making 500hp and I want to make sure I'm not sacrificing too much, dry traction or sidewall stiffness.

I think the Vredestein would handle the power and torque of the s6, but it's definitely more of a comfort/touring/luxury feel than the stiffer performance feel of the DWS. Both are great tires. If you want more pure dry performance and competent enough wet/slush/snow the DWS is going to be better. If you want better wet/snow traction and a bit more of a comfort feel in dry conditions, the Quatrac is a better option.

I've had both and would consider both for sure depending on the car and conditions and characteristics I wanted.

I have the dws06s currently, and yes great and the clear roads, how were they for you in snow/wet slush?

Surprisingly good. It was pow day in SoCal and handled slush, plowed and parking lot well. That road was a serious grade and trucks were sliding 300 hp infinity M35
    Technically was prior gen DWS. I have DWS 06 on forester for three seasons and Hakka for winter

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

If you can find them, I (and others here) would highly reccomend Cooper ATW's for all weather tires. Slightly quicker wearing, but that softer rubber pays off on glazed over hardpack snow. It seems that Cooper is pushing AT3s now, but the ATW has been great.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    Check out the Vredestein. They are slightly less sporty feeling than the DWS, but much better in both snow and rain.

Vredestein All weather tires did very good in last year's Consumer Report's testing. They are coming out with a line of A/T truck tires (Pinza) in the next year, that show a lot of promise too.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

"All weather" tires in place of winter tires

I drank the coolaid and gave Vredestein a shot. One car and one suv. They sucked on snow compared to snow tires and underwhelmed on dry. Tread life was not great. Will never buy again.
    That Don't Make No Sense

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post

What's your driving look like in the PNW? I'm on the fence between a few options:

All Weathers / Light AT:
    - Michelin Cross Climate 2
    - Nokian WRG4
    - Yokohama G015

Winters:
    - Blizzak WS90
    - Continental VikingContact 7

I would love to get away with one set of wheels that performs best in wet but also well enough to go up to the ski resorts / backcountry skiing midwinter. But this is my first winter in Seattle so I'm not totally sure what trade off I want while living in the city and weekend warrior-ing.

Sick. I have studded Nokian Haakapeliitta 9s on my A4, only pushing 315 hp but the grip is amazing in winter. You can actually use some of that HP.

anyone in CO running snowflake rated A/T tires and going over the passes a lot? I ran Blizzaks two seasons ago and burned them up in one winter. Was commuting from Dumont to Golden 4 days a week, plus I skied about 85 days, mostly at Copper and WP and backcountry in various places. Brand new in November, bald in April.

I do a lot of offroading/"overlanding" in the dry months, and I only want to buy one set of tires, so I'm hoping I can get away with some of the mountain snowflake rated A/T's.

People used to run around with rear wheel drive vehicles with no positraction aka limited slip differential, and ran belted ply highway tires.
    Do whatever the fuck you want.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    anyone in CO running snowflake rated A/T tires and going over the passes a lot? I ran Blizzaks two seasons ago and burned them up in one winter. Was commuting from Dumont to Golden 4 days a week, plus I skied about 85 days, mostly at Copper and WP and backcountry in various places. Brand new in November, bald in April.

I do a lot of offroading/"overlanding" in the dry months, and I only want to buy one set of tires, so I'm hoping I can get away with some of the mountain snowflake rated A/T's.
    Falken Wildpeak is a good compromise for a highway and mountain tire that handily deals with heavy snow and slush, mud, sand, long wearing, probably not even close to Blizzaks on ice (though I have not ran Blizzaks).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk