Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Am I missing something here or is this an insane deal?

https://www.discounttirezone.com/Bri...SABEgKOmfD_BwE
    Those are tiny little tires, might work on a go-cart. No wonder they are cheap.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

^^ that would be what I’m missing🤦♂️

"All weather" tires in place of winter tires

When are snow tires usually the cheapest to buy or on sale? Late summer/early fall?

Costco usually has sales in the early fall.

It's also when they have the most inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Costco usually has sales in the early fall.

It's also when they have the most inventory.
    Perfect, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Those are tiny little tires, might work on a go-cart. No wonder they are cheap.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    They're actually bigger than a Mk2 VW Golf or Jetta (I thought they were right, but those took 185/60R14 stock, not R15). I'm not sure how many of those are still on the road and using winter tires, though (probably close to none in salt-using states).

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Got about 25k out of a set of WRG4s on our Outback. Guess I’ll buy another set. No real complaints.

When are snow tires usually the cheapest to buy or on sale? Late summer/early fall?
    Costco's sale on Blizzaks is running until the end of August if buy four and have them install them. I'm not sure what the deal is with buying them now and not wanting them on until winter.

You pick them up and then come back when it's time to have them installed.

"All weather" tires in place of winter tires

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Costco's sale on Blizzaks is running until the end of August if buy four and have them install them. I'm not sure what the deal is with buying them now and not wanting them on until winter.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Aw I was gonna get some Xice this round but I guess it is DMV2 again
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Aw I was gonna get some Xice this round but I guess it is DMV2 again
    Xice will probably be on sale in September or October at Costco...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Xice will probably be on sale in September or October at Costco...
    Tough choice. The DMV2 is amazing but significantly shorter lived than the Xice which is reportedly almost as amazing. I'm not driving a ton these days so the DMV2 will get me another 3 winters which might be approaching the limits of ownership of my vehicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Costco seems to constantly run a sale on Bridgestone or Michelin, in alternating months. So I wouldn't think it's that urgent to buy winter tires in August - both brands should be on promotion sale again in the next couple months.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Related, is there a best time to buy Nokians? The Hakkapeliitta LT3 is one of the few snow tires that comes in the right size for my truck. I've always just run studded Duratracs before but thinking of going to an actual snow tire this time around.

before they are sold out usually in the early fall
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I bought a Volvo Cross Country wagon in January, and it had a set of 20” wheels on it. Unsurprisingly, the low-profile “sport” tires sucked hard in some late season snow and slush. Gotta upgrade for safety’s sake.

I live In coastal California, so I’m always driving multiple hours and hundreds of highway miles to get to the snow - meaning swapping out for true winter/snow tires doesn’t really make sense. I’ve always had A/Ts on my other vehicles, but there aren’t any out there that will fit the 20” wheels without some wheel well interference.

If I stick with the current wheels and tire profile my only option with any chance of better snow performance is a set of Michelins CrossClimate2s. Alternatively, I could get some 18” wheels and squeeze on a set of true A/T tires (and spend approx. $1000 more than going with just the CrossClimate2s.)

Any mags with experience with the CrossClimate2s? I’m inclined to go that route given the amount of time I spend in the mountains relative to on the coast…but…ya know…big ole A/T tires are awesome. Thoughts?

I had a set of CC SUVs (earlier model) on a Tiguan and really liked them - only downsides were a slight hit on gas milage and a slight rise in tire noise over the crappy OEMS. They were great in New Mexico snow and really well behaved on the highway. I’m ordering some CC2s for my Audi SQ5 this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Related, is there a best time to buy Nokians? The Hakkapeliitta LT3 is one of the few snow tires that comes in the right size for my truck. I've always just run studded Duratracs before but thinking of going to an actual snow tire this time around.
    They'll be gone by end of October. I ended up buying some right around this time last year, and had the tire shop keep them until Halloween when I had an appointment. Amazing tires. Duratracs were meh for me but I had a very light rear ended truck (raptor).

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I had a set of CC SUVs (earlier model) on a Tiguan and really liked them - only downsides were a slight hit on gas milage and a slight rise in tire noise over the crappy OEMS. They were great in New Mexico snow and really well behaved on the highway. I’m ordering some CC2s for my Audi SQ5 this winter.
    Right on. Glad to hear it. I'm not too worried about the hits to my mileage and noise - that's the price you pay for winter grip no matter what type of tire.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    LT3s are not currently in production, the factory was in Russia and, according to my local shop, the molds are still there. Nokian announced the closure of Russia operations in June, so any LT3s around are probably from last year's production run. If you want them and can find them, now is probably the right time to buy.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Nordmans are just Hakas last versions. Long story short. Just buy the Nordman.

Anyone know if Costco has a promo on snow tires yet?

I put a set of Continental ControlContact Tours on the wife's car last winter and was very impressed with the snow traction. 80k treadlife warranty is nice, too.

Anyone know if Costco has a promo on snow tires yet?
    My local Costco in Japan is now running the snow tire promo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums