Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    I memba getting to Solitude one day in a raging blizzard. Had plans to ski with OP as he got off from working for Woodsy at the Inn. I parked down on the West side by Eagle, realized it apparently was my once every couple of years forget my pants day.

I’d worn a pair of fleece base layers up on the drive, I momentarily thought about driving back down valley for snowpants. That fleetness of thought was quickly displaced by, “fuck that shit.”

It was absolutely nuking that day, I skied down to Eagle and met J, we skied laps all day in glorious pow. By the end of the day my fleece pants had a solid ice crust covering them. It was like the powder mustache only amongst my junk and legs.

I memba.

Oh, and, I memba…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CE689887-1206-4FB1-A19B-11F8CAFB4933.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	785.2 KB 
ID:	392986

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I memba getting to Solitude one day in a raging blizzard. Had plans to ski with OP as he got off from working for Woodsy at the Inn. I parked down on the West side by Eagle, realized it apparently was my once every couple of years forget my pants day.

I’d worn a pair of fleece base layers up on the drive, I momentarily thought about driving back down valley for snowpants. That fleetness of thought was quickly displaced by, “fuck that shit.”

It was absolutely nuking that day, I skied down to Eagle and met J, we skied laps all day in glorious pow. By the end of the day my fleece pants had a solid ice crust covering them. It was like the powder mustache only amongst my junk and legs.

I memba.
    IMAGINE BEING SUCH A DRUNK THAT YOU FORGET YOUR SKI PANTS. YOU STILL KNOCKING BACK A 24 PACK EVERY NIGHT?
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    IMAGINE BEING SUCH A DRUNK THAT YOU FORGET YOUR SKI PANTS. YOU STILL KNOCKING BACK A 24 PACK EVERY NIGHT?
    Nahh, I’m more of a wine drinker nowadays. Aside from what must be projection, I’ve only managed to drink 24 beers in a 24 hour period once in my life. We fished Willard Bay from mid day to sunrise, I admittedly drank 24 beers, Busch. We also caught the fuck out of fish, I probably might’ve smoked a bit of weed while I was fishing.

That was at least 15 years ago, and although I’d like to think I could still drink like that, unfortunately I can’t.

I respect your ability to keep on being you, kudos. Not sure why you want to continue, but I respect your “right” to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Purple barrel…holy shit. Skied opening weekend at Targhee with 11 friends in one hotel room, rest of the rooms were BYU girls trip. Holy shit. We were all tripping ball on purple barrel. Since there were an odd number your turn to ride single with some random family was intense to say the least. I member for sure…25 was a long time ago

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i member ya calling asking if i had extra pants
    i member meeting blurred slaughter
    i left a i need to start a butthurt callout thread impression
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ght=skifishbum
    and one from the sillytude memberries file
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    and one from the im only here for the bier, skiing, and poopenhausen pilfering way back machine
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    and one from the im only here for the bier, skiing, and poopenhausen pilfering way back machine
    nice SFB, Must have been pretty wild here back then. I arrived mid 90s, pretty much same program...

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    nice SFB, Must have been pretty wild here back then. I arrived mid 90s, pretty much same program...
    You're skiing in gaiters?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I remember.

Attachment 392948
    Were you 18?

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Memba Brad Holmes?
    Who could forget?!

People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Memba when there was no snowboarders?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Were you 18?

Nope.

SX-91s FTW.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Brand new Hanson boots converted to a pair of table lamps. Not worthy of the Smithsonian modern art museum but they did look pretty cool.

Oh hell ya! Zudnik slayed!

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    Brand new Hanson boots converted to a pair of table lamps. Not worthy of the Smithsonian modern art museum but they did look pretty cool.
    About all those were really good for. Spaceman boots.

Saw more than a couple pair that just exploded on the hill in cold weather once they were a little old.

I Memba watching him rip the shit out of a narrow lane of icy man made snow that looked very much like a reef.

1st World Cup @ PCMR 1985 on the access road down to the mens race start. He may as well have been skiing on a perfectly groomed slope.

I memba when I got a hairball idea I wanted to ride with a bunch of ya’s. Anyone still have one of these? Last one I have not stuck to something.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1637439155.382993.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	393398

"boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Memba Ingemar Stenmark?
    Gustavo Thoeni!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<