Denver mag parents: schools

Who here has kids in school? Private or public? Can you share your experiences?

Maybe you could be a little more specific about what kind of info you're looking for. Sharing experiences of kids schools is a pretty broad topic.

Ours are in a charter in Littleton. It's a good school with a good rep. It's a nice place for kids who are someplace close to the middle of the bell curve socially and academically. But it lacks options for kids who fall outside of that range. There is 0 diversity. Very low free and reduced lunch %. No real access to g&t or remedial programs. Kids seem to be happy there and they also appear to be learning stuff.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    Powtron has two young kids, shoot him a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Maybe you could be a little more specific about what kind of info you're looking for. Sharing experiences of kids schools is a pretty broad topic.

Ours are in a charter in Littleton. It's a good school with a good rep. It's a nice place for kids who are someplace close to the middle of the bell curve socially and academically. But it lacks options for kids who fall outside of that range. There is 0 diversity. Very low free and reduced lunch %. No real access to g&t or remedial programs. Kids seem to be happy there and they also appear to be learning stuff.
    This sounds like most catholic schools outside urban areas .

I got one in Kindergarten and one in pre-school. Live in the SW burbs. That is all I know.

regarding DPS depends which schools specifically...my kid was gradeschool at Carson DPS= Good, middle school Catholic at Good Shepherd fairly good....East High School EXCELLENT DPS (5 girls in his class got into Stanford, no white males in many years?!)....my kid is getting straight A's in Engineering School at CU and skiing a lot.....no regrets re DPS schools but you must pick and choose, Chet

Denver mag parents: schools

Any experience with Steck Elementary?
    It seems DPS schools lack art, & music education and tech that most privates flourish with?

Is DPS as bad as I keep hearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post

Littleton academy?

In my experience Littleton Public Schools is top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Any experience with Steck Elementary?
    It seems DPS schools lack art, & music education and tech that most privates flourish with?

Is DPS as bad as I keep hearing?
    A few schools like East are pretty good but most families from the wealthier neighborhoods in Denver try desperately to get there kids into Littleton schools or private school.

I had my kids in a Douglas Co school, in Highlands Ranch.

I was impressed. That was why I moved to Highlands Ranch though.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

We chose our neighborhood so the kids could go to Cherry Creek schools.