Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Squaw ski

I love my fx94s for that purpose but I imagine there are cheaper alternatives. (I found a great deal). They do everything really well, up to >6" or so of powder. The turning radius could be longer.

If I had to replace them now and couldn't find another cheap pair I might be looking at 98 wrens.

For Squaw there is really no better ski than the Billy Goat. Skied it there every days when I lived that way.

The Billy Goat is not a good hard conditions ski. Great in soft and funky snow conditions, but even my Protests do better on hard pack.

I had the Motive 95 and didn't like it as much as the Bonifide for where/how I like to ski. The Motive is a more front side oriented ski, very torsionally stiff, and not forgiving of poor technique. The Bones let you get away with more and are more versatile in crap snow conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada29er View Post
    The Billy Goat is not a good hard conditions ski. Great in soft and funky snow conditions, but even my Protests do better on hard pack.

I had the Motive 95 and didn't like it as much as the Bonifide for where/how I like to ski. The Motive is a more front side oriented ski, very torsionally stiff, and not forgiving of poor technique. The Bones let you get away with more and are more versatile in crap snow conditions.
    I literally only read the title. Squaw is a terrible hard snow mountain. But if you think protests are better than BG on hard snow....you ski allot different to me.

A lot of people ski the katana, great everywhere, including ice.

A true one ski quiver.

Do you want to keep the Soul7s? If yes get one of the ~90mm longer sidecut sticks. Plenty of great options in this category:
    Enforcer 93
    Brahma (88)
    Kendo (90)
    Wrenegade 88

Do you want one ski to replace the Soul7s with and solve its deficiencies? Also easy, with plenty of great options:
    Cochise (185, current year, detune the tip)
    QST106
    Invictus 108
    Wrenegade 108

If you want to replace your s7 and get two skis, get a 114-118 damp pow ski
    QST118,
    Billy Goat
    and one of the ones from above, or their 100mm version
    Last edited by XavierD; 12-25-2016 at 10:17 AM.