Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Look to offer WTR AFD for Pivot 18

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 11.05.30 AM.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	191201

Look is furthering its commitment to the WTR (Walk To Ride) sole design. The venerable single-pivot design of the Pivot 18 has offered only a solid traditional DIN/ISO AFD — until now. Look will be offering a WTR-specific AFD that is backwards-compatible with not only Look Pivot 18s but all of the single-pivot designs including the Pivot 15 and PX15 and 18 (non-World Cup), as well as Rossignol’s FKS and Axial counterparts...

Rest of article: http://bit.ly/2eKcuse
    Click. Point. Chute.

This has been avalible on the CAS site for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    This has been avalible on the CAS site for over a year.
    According to my Lange source, this is a new and updated version.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Has anyone been using the CAST version? Want to pick some up but I'm a bit confused... I'm assuming you can't use them with a normal DIN sole boot correct? If so could I mount them with inserts and swap the afd's out as necessary? Thanks in advance
    Also... I'll print some templates later in the week but if anyone knows off hand if there are any overlap issues with kingpins/fks 18's that'd be great as well!
    Last edited by eskido; 02-23-2017 at 08:16 AM.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

The CAST version is the Look version. No difference, CAST just bought a batch from Look/Rossi to sell on their site.
    You cannot use a DIN sole with the WTR AFD. There will be excessive toe slop between DIN sole and WTR AFD plate.
    You could insert and swap between DIN and WTR, you would need longer screws for the WTR.
    Side note the WTR AFD only works with the new generation of P18/FKS. Older (pre rerelease) versions have a different stamping on the bottom and don't line up with the slots and grooves of the WTR AFD.

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Has anyone been using the CAST version? Want to pick some up but I'm a bit confused... I'm assuming you can't use them with a normal DIN sole boot correct? If so could I mount them with inserts and swap the afd's out as necessary? Thanks in advance
    Also... I'll print some templates later in the week but if anyone knows off hand if there are any overlap issues with kingpins/fks 18's that'd be great as well!
    Inserts will work with the AFDs, it's the same hole pattern. Toes will be close with that combo but should be able to make it work within reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Side note the WTR AFD only works with the new generation of P18/FKS. Older (pre rerelease) versions have a different stamping on the bottom and don't line up with the slots and grooves of the WTR AFD.
    Shit... was going to use an old pair of blacked out squad FKS and I can definitely see a very small difference in the tabs. Might be a deal breaker for me, dammit! Thanks for all the help guys!

I thought the only difference was the casting in the screw head hole size, but its also the underside casting.
    I was in a hurry to mount my new AFDs and didn't examine if I could trim the plastic to fit the older style toes.

The tabs look just a little different but not much at all, thought maybe it might be an indicator of the old style? Anyone know when they rereleased them? For $35 I might just try em out but I don't want to pull the binders out of the ski they're on if its not going to work

2010. Rossi FKS18 in Orange with a 100 and 115 brake offering.
    Sorry I can't remember the Look colour way from that year, I think it was a metallic silver.

These are FKS 180 squads, but they're all black, I know there from right around 2010 but for the life of me can't find out for sure which gen they are. I'll keep searching the interwebz, thanks for the help!

Thread drift (kind of), did the mount pattern stay the same on the different FKS gens?

Thread drift (kind of), did the mount pattern stay the same on the different FKS gens?
    Heel pattern never changed. Toe can have three holes (very old style) or four holes (for the last ~20 years).

Would be nice if they made these for the 12 & 14 din toes!.

I can't find these WTR AFDs anywhere. CAST seems to be out of them. Anyone know of a source or have a pair they want to sell?

Ask you shop to order them.
    Look P18 WTR AFD part # FCEF002.

Old style on top and new style on the bottom.

The AFDs are different, the WTR one has the same cutouts as the one on the right.

Cool - thanks for the info.

Yes! Huge help, thanks DH!

Yes! Huge help, thanks DH!
    Beware screw lengths if you're swapping between the two. Don't know the lengths off hand necessary for the WTR AFDs

Thanks! plannin on using inserts so it shouldn't be too much of a problem, I'll just order a couple different lengths that should be close when I do.

Sorry for being mentally challenged here but if I have Rossi FKS 155 binders, is this what I would use to make my Scarpa Freedom SL compatible with them?

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Sorry for being mentally challenged here but if I have Rossi FKS 155 binders, is this what I would use to make my Scarpa Freedom SL compatible with them?
    Which soles are you using with your Scarpa Freedoms? If it's the Mountain Plus Sole then I believe the answer is NO - that sole will not work with either AFD on the Rossi FKS 155.
    But the simple solution would be to just order the Mountain Piste Sole and then your Freedom SL will fit right into your FKS bindings with the standard AFD.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scarpa soles.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	201074

Yeah it is the first sole. I can't find the mountain piste in stock anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Yeah it is the first sole. I can't find the mountain piste in stock anywhere
    You try Scarpa direct? Looks like you can order right on their website: https://www.scarpa.com/mountain-piste-sole-small