Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    F1's are a bit shorter, with lower volume in the toe area, narrower in the ankle as a well as the heel. Forefoot width is similar. Instep height is pretty similar too, I think.

How does the F1 and F1 WMN compare? I take a 24.5 and it appears that any local shop that would carry these boots and be able to provide boot work only has the women's model in that size. I am mostly concerned about the cuff height.

Also, for those in the know, Greg, Lee, etc., would anyone care to give a comparison between the F1 and a ZG Guide in terms of internal volume? The Tecnicas are heavier, have less ROM, and I would imagine a higher cuff height and more progressive forward flex.

Do these have enough of a heel to work with Tectons?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    How does the F1 and F1 WMN compare? I take a 24.5 and it appears that any local shop that would carry these boots and be able to provide boot work only has the women's model in that size. I am mostly concerned about the cuff height.

Also, for those in the know, Greg, Lee, etc., would anyone care to give a comparison between the F1 and a ZG Guide in terms of internal volume? The Tecnicas are heavier, have less ROM, and I would imagine a higher cuff height and more progressive forward flex.
    I'm going off 1 year old memory here. Forefoot volume and instep - F1 is bigger. I used a footbed to take up space. Toe box width - F1 is wider. Heel hold - both approx the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Do these have enough of a heel to work with Tectons?
    Yup. And with Kingpins

What would be the comparable intuition liner volume to the original F1 liner? Are they pretty much a MV tour? If I want to snug the heels and maybe a thicker tongue to push the heel back which liner should I get? The toes are really tight even with original liner.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    What would be the comparable intuition liner volume to the original F1 liner? Are they pretty much a MV tour? If I want to snug the heels and maybe a thicker tongue to push the heel back which liner should I get? The toes are really tight even with original liner.
    MV tour with thinner foot padding.

A better footbed than anaemic Scarpa oe footbed will work as would two toecap cook

I forgot to mention, I tried the F1s with my MV dreamliners baked in khions and red insoles. The heel hold was better, but sloppier than the khions.

what do you mean by "thinner foot padding". What area are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    I forgot to mention, I tried the F1s with my MV dreamliners baked in khions and red insoles. The heel hold was better, but sloppier than the khions.

what do you mean by "thinner foot padding". What area are you referring to?
    4mm at liner sole for Scarpa OE liner vs 12mm at liner sole for Intuition Pro MV

Keep in mind that you could trim the boot board.

Is there a difference between foam thickness other than the sole?

Did you just bolt on the buckles

Quote Originally Posted by jski171 View Post
    Attachment 203176
    I put this buckle on instead. Seems to close a bit snugger and i don't have to worry about breaking BOAs (as they like to do)
    Hey jski171, did you just take the boa off and direct mount the two buckles? Did you spec specific buckles or just grab any old buckle spares hanging around the garage or shop. Thanks so much as I think this is probably the best set up.

Thanks

Al Mandell
    Acadia Mt Guides