Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Thanks, I may try the loctite before I replace the pin and rivet.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Fwiw I used red loctite and it worked for both Mtn and Marker Alpinist lifters

Anyone use a dynafit crampons without the centering clip? I used it without the clip and I guess it slid laterally and cracked my crampons?

This was a 100 width crampon on a 98 width ski:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2594.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	300.4 KB 
ID:	452605
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Anyone use a dynafit crampons without the centering clip? I used it without the clip and I guess it slid laterally and cracked my crampons?

This was a 100 width crampon on a 98 width ski:

Name:	IMG_2594.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	300.4 KB 
ID:	452605
    I did and cracked a 110mm crampon. I found someone who'd done the same thing and gave them my cracked crampon so he had a pair. I bet you can find a single 100mm crampon around too

Wait, to clarify, "You DID use the centering pin and it cracked"?

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Wait, to clarify, "You DID use the centering pin and it cracked"?
    Your question

"Anyone use a dynafit crampons without the centering clip?"

I did.

The crampon slipped. It cracked

No clippy thing is certain death for cramps. I think i have a 100mm single from this very thing, I’ll check tomorrow…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

In the future just buy Plum crampons for Salomon MTN and ditch the stupid clip. Probably posted somewhere already in this thread but worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Your question

"Anyone use a dynafit crampons without the centering clip?"

I did.

The crampon slipped. It cracked
    gotcha thanks.

Thanks guys for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    In the future just buy Plum crampons for Salomon MTN and ditch the stupid clip. Probably posted somewhere already in this thread but worth mentioning.

I broke some dynafit crampons and i switched to plum also, much beefier, easier to put in and you don't need the clip.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

I have a single dynafit 120mm crampon if anyone needs one.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I don’t recall seeing anything on this yet… has anyone else noticed that most of the new expert springs in the Mtn have a ton of lateral play? The men’s spring doesn’t. And it’s only on the 2023 model.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    I don’t recall seeing anything on this yet… has anyone else noticed that most of the new expert springs in the Mtn have a ton of lateral play? The men’s spring doesn’t. And it’s only on the 2023 model.
    I can check at home, just got some 2023 MTN pures for the wife and can try out the EXP springs that came with em on my MTNs.
    Is the boot moving on the spring or the spring moving in the tower?

I believe it was the u spring in the tower. It was happening to every pair we could test, and where possible the men’s spring was tried and didn’t do it.

I believe it was the u spring in the tower. It was happening to every pair we could test, and where possible the men’s spring was tried and didn’t do it.
    wow very strange.
    The 23 exp springs look identical to my 2018 exp springs. I was skeptical they could introduce more play than my well used 5 y/o springs.

Lo and behold, the 23 spring added between 1-3 mm of lateral play into the heel tower rotation.

I’ll check the 23 and 18 exp springs in my wife’s brand new MTNs and report back. probably should’ve checked the play with a boot while I had the springs swapped on my bindings too

The spring is a different shape. I don't know why.

Your wife uses expert springs? I use the men's and have never come out. Also, no play in the men's spring...

I think he just swapped the EXP springs into his wife's new bindings, but I could be reading that wrong. Weird about the play in the bindings, I put a EXP spring in one pair I mounted this season and did not see any play.

Also, I finally popped out of the EXP springs for the first time this year. Took a tomahawk after reefing out on the side of a chute doing 25 mph to finally pop out, but I can confirm that you will release in extreme circumstances lol

The spring is a different shape. I don't know why.

Your wife uses expert springs? I use the men's and have never come out. Also, no play in the men's spring...
    my wife has new MTNs, hence I have new EXP springs to help you look into this.

it is a different shape, but it's very slight. slight enough I had to break out the verniers.
    The widest point is 0.5 mm wider and the narrow end is 0.5mm narrower, while the older EXP spring is straighter overall.

whole thing is strange. wonder if there was a bad batch.
    essentially zero lateral play with the old springs (0.25mm at most) while there's 1.5mm of play with the new springs.
    this occurred with both my old MTNs and the new 23 MTNs, so its definitely the spring and not a change in the heel tower.

Recently got a pair of brand new Tours for cheap (the ones with the 50mm track that "require" brakes). Was really interested in mounting them brakeless, and had an extra set of the brakeless plastic pieces laying around. Found someone locally willing to part with their old beat up heels for cheap. Cleaned up the base plates on that set and mounted my new towers to them. Worked like a charm. Saved $200 in the process and avoided the negative "flat mode" by mounting the 50mm set direct to ski. Pretty happy with it. And, now I have some spare parts laying around.

Name:	IMG_3705.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	476622Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3710.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	476623

Quote Originally Posted by bthomson22 View Post
    Recently got a pair of brand new Tours for cheap (the ones with the 50mm track that "require" brakes). Was really interested in mounting them brakeless, and had an extra set of the brakeless plastic pieces laying around. Found someone locally willing to part with their old beat up heels for cheap. Cleaned up the base plates on that set and mounted my new towers to them. Worked like a charm. Saved $200 in the process and avoided the negative "flat mode" by mounting the 50mm set direct to ski. Pretty happy with it. And, now I have some spare parts laying around.

Name:	IMG_3705.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	476622Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3710.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	476623
    Nice. If you want the next level of performance, get and ATK heel spacer or DIY one from an AFD and make your stomp pad higher. Still get a level flat walk mode but get a less vague heel because it’s resting on the stomp pad like it is while skiing on the brakes version.

I’ll be curious to see if you noticed the difference in skiing with the brakeless compared to the brakes.

Nice. If you want the next level of performance, get and ATK heel spacer or DIY one from an AFD and make your stomp pad higher. Still get a level flat walk mode but get a less vague heel because it’s resting on the stomp pad like it is while skiing on the brakes version.

I’ll be curious to see if you noticed the difference in skiing with the brakeless compared to the brakes.
    I've skied both and had a pair without and a pair with brakes in my quiver at one point. I honestly didn't notice the difference much. The brakes were on a pair of skis I really only took out when it was soft and the other was on my pair for "variable" conditions. Maybe if I had swapped which pair was on which ski I would have noticed the difference more.

Name:	IMG20231130003023.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	478229
    after 3 years using brakeless MTNs with no stomp-pads or spacers i finally managed to mount a new pair with the ATK universal spacer. I ended up trimming a portion of the plastic baseplate but i'm very satisfied with the whole result. skiing-wise i can really feel the difference.

I know this is not related, but how the hell do I create a thread in tech talk?

Quote Originally Posted by tilioforeign View Post

Name:	IMG20231130003023.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	478229
    after 3 years using brakeless MTNs with no stomp-pads or spacers i finally managed to mount a new pair with the ATK universal spacer. I ended up trimming a portion of the plastic baseplate but i'm very satisfied with the whole result. skiing-wise i can really feel the difference.
    Do you notice The flat mode not being as flat as before?

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    Do you notice The flat mode not being as flat as before?
    It would be the same height as a pair with brakes.

It would be the same height as a pair with brakes.
    Technically a little less - as it would be the height of a braked pair without the brakes locked. From ski topsheet to top of locked brakes = 25mm. For non-brake versions the topsheet to stomp is 7mm. If the ATK pad is 15mm, this is square in the middle.