Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by djhutch View Post
    This is flat out not true. Any free heel binding is much safer than a U spring binding. I've got thousands of days on tele with no injuries as undisputable truth.
    Anecdotal "evidence" is not evidence.

Well, it's a great time for having choices, and I have to confess that I've been tempted by the MTN. Then, I remember that I'm an old fart, and that I'd prefer to minimize the possibility of having to endure a long healing period.

6-8-10-12 are too coarse adjustment settings for my comfort level.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Anecdotal "evidence" is not evidence.

Well, it's a great time for having choices, and I have to confess that I've been tempted by the MTN. Then, I remember that I'm an old fart, and that I'd prefer to minimize the possibility of having to endure a long healing period.

6-8-10-12 are too coarse adjustment settings for my comfort level.

... Thom
    The percentage between the numbers you mentioned is not that great. It's probably similar to what you get from release baked stamped on adjustable pin bindings.

Hell, on a pair of g3 ions the sticker that showed the release values was not glued properly and it kept moving.

And this is true for alpine bindings as well.

Unless you test the release values, you don't know.

Does it matter?

No, because the din tables have enough of a safety factor.

If you're really worried, test your bindings and test your bone density. Very easy and inexpensive to do and then you know.
    In my case, even though I'm 73, my bone density is similar to a 22 year old male, so I'm not worried about using the E u spring on my MTNs, also because I'm more worried about a pre release than about falling.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

anybody know whats the din value of a meniscus or a tib or a fib ?

I'll tell you what IS high in this thread and its the bulshit value
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    The percentage between the numbers you mentioned is not that great. It's probably similar to what you get from release baked stamped on adjustable pin bindings.

Hell, on a pair of g3 ions the sticker that showed the release values was not glued properly and it kept moving.

And this is true for alpine bindings as well.

Unless you test the release values, you don't know.

Does it matter?

No, because the din tables have enough of a safety factor.

If you're really worried, test your bindings and test your bone density. Very easy and inexpensive to do and then you know.
    In my case, even though I'm 73, my bone density is similar to a 22 year old male, so I'm not worried about using the E u spring on my MTNs, also because I'm more worried about a pre release than about falling.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Well, I set my release values by carpet testing and then fine tuning on the hill - usually a day riding lifts before heading out.

Agreed, that the numbers are meaningless. I dialed in 3 pairs of ATKs this Summer, and arrived at lateral settings ranging from 8.5 to 9.5, with differences between the same pair (left and right). Boot wear? Binding differences? Beats me.

So, the MTN RVs are more like 6,7,8,9? 8,9,10,11? I find that difficult to believe. Someone's going to be way out of range at one end of the range or the other.

I don't want to be that guy (screaming that sky is falling), but at the same time, I want to present an alternative view - one that makes more sense to me but obviously not everyone

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

ime the hash marks on rads and verts correlate to pretty much the DIN I would ski on alpine bindings and they do release when they should, not quite as safe as an alpine binding but close, of course they are old but still fine IMO
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    anybody know whats the din value of a meniscus or a tib or a fib ?

I'll tell you what IS high in this thread and its the bulshit value
    I can't remember tib/fib, but it's in the same Wildsnow article if you really want to know.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk