Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    That is a perspective on nothing, you admit in the comments you didn't know Valemount is an area that has logging which means you did no research at all and don't really understand northern BC economics or history. An opinion piece by some one who talked to no one and researched very little, fantastic "journalism" .

Media diarrhea as usual
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    That is a perspective on nothing, you admit in the comments you didn't know Valemount is an area that has logging which means you did no research at all and don't really understand northern BC economics or history. An opinion piece by some one who talked to no one and researched very little, fantastic "journalism" .
    Agreed. One of the most worthless articles I ever wasted time on.

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    maybe I should send Dann to blogging journalism 101 school. Although I believe he's already a much better writer than I will ever be. He event went to college.

As always I appreciate the kind words that come from this forum full of nice happy people, especially those of you that continue to read our blog post and product reviews from the Tetons. It makes our advertisers very happy when your talking about us and they like seeing those clicks even more, especially on the banners they buy on my site that allows me to live, work and play in a place as beautiful as Jackson Wyoming year round.

I honestly hope everyone here hates on me and what were doing with my website, it translates to actually doing something right, something that offends sooo many of you by us going out and living the life we want to, testing gear, being mountain town bums and most likely skiing and riding better terrain then you most of you jongs ever will.

We do this out of passion, can you say the same of your 9-5.

So keep the haterade coming, it's actually helping our brand grow in the outdoor space. You have to have tough skin to write, be social or be in the medias eyes these days. It's not for everyone. But I sure like sitting in my pajamas on a Sunday at 4pm "working" knowing that next week its going to be cold, snowy and I will be out touring "testing gear" for a living..

This resort will be good for a couple things for sure. One is driving up real estate costs so local families can never buy only rent, while houses sit empty for 51weeks a year until the executives take their annual vacation. Another is it will pull skier visits away from already hurting ski areas making it even more difficult for them to operate.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    This resort will be good for a couple things for sure. One is driving up real estate costs so local families can never buy only rent, while houses sit empty for 51weeks a year until the executives take their annual vacation. Another is it will pull skier visits away from already hurting ski areas making it even more difficult for them to operate.
    RE costs are already high. Which is strange but then a lot of the places for sale in the area are word of mouth sales and MLS listings are sparse

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    RE costs are already high. Which is strange but then a lot of the places for sale in the area are word of mouth sales and MLS listings are sparse

Agreed- real estate in this area is already overpriced....(for what is advertised)

I feel there are more attractive investments out there

They real estate is high for what is there but I think at least part is the fact that they have had about 3 other resort plans come and go. People bought in high and don't want to lose out. Also it has become an affordable option for people retiring from Jasper or just moving there to own something, we start at $370k here for a trailer so comparatively it's cheap or at least affordable.

I do need to reply to 310. I was commenting on the poor quality of your blog post not your lifestyle choice. I have been skiing in Valemount for the last 20 years and have numerous friends and co-workers that live there. Doing some research on the things you write about is important even when it's not a gear review.

https://www.remax.ca/bc/valemount-re...168578823-lst/
    house on .5 acre asking $379,000

and again my name aint Dann...

“We’ve always been aggressive in our estimates to push the project along, but at this point we want to be conservative in our estimates. The original plan was to prepare for construction this summer, but it has been modified to start construction next summer,” — Resort Designer Tommaso Oberti

Translation. "We have no money"

"Eight year after it was conceived and three years after approval was granted, construction of a major high-alpine ski resort near Valemount, B.C., in the Rocky Mountains was to begin next year, but proponents say delays are expected... "The project is undergoing a financing process and it is unclear when construction may start. We're aiming for next summer, but the current investment climate is uncertain, so it is difficult to say at this point," Oberti, who is also vice-president of the Phieidias Group, told Western Investor on June 29." https://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...ays-1.24162755

Translation: "We still have no money"

“The current investment climate is uncertain” - a bit of an understatement. Barring a miracle, the international tourism industry will will take decades to recover, and nobody’s giving a charlatan like Oberti hundreds of millions in his lifetime.

Looks like Oberti is still looking for the miracle:-

"Vice president of Pheidias Group, Tommaso Oberti, told The Goat last week that the company and Valemount Glacier Destinations is working with “several interested parties” to complete financing for the project but couldn’t identify them because of confidentiality and “due diligence” reasons. He said construction of the resort can start once project funding has been finalized."

"Oberti said MM Realty, the company originally responsible for finding investors, has been unsuccessful in finding the complete funding amount required for the resort, but the company is still involved in the project, though not as active as before."

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/451...nations#451566

Oberti at it again - Valemount Glacier Destination

In related neighbour news, Alterra is purchasing Wiegele Helisking. Not sure how I feel about that. Guess the CMH and MW tenures in the N.Thompson and Robson Valley areas will be consolidated though, so good for accessing terrain I guess.

As for VGD, I wonder if the local First Nations is uping their ante in the project. They’ve made a lot of cash on the TMX project and are buying up local business and investments in a big way. Still think getting the skiers to Valemount and then powering the resort and lifts (in an green way) are the biggest hurdles to the success of the project.