Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 2540
    So back about the first of May, I bought a Hope 10t-48t XD 11-speed cassette from CRC (and accompanying proprietary freehub) for my trail bike. I installed it along with a new Connex chain & RF chainring. It's now skipping terribly under any sort of torque. I probably have less than 500 miles on this cassette (I also have a SS and DH bike that get equal use in season). Apparently the alloy Hope uses for the 4 largest cogs comes from some cheese factory and only lasts a few hundred miles. Part of the sales pitch was that you could just replace the alum. spider with the 4 large cogs once worn, but the product sucked so bad that Hope has discontinued it and you can't get the replacement cogs. That's the 3rd strike for Hope (after two failed Pro 2 rear hubs; a split hub shell and a spun ratchet) so I'm done with them. Gonna put the 10t-42t SRAM cassette that came with the bike back on and suck it up while I wait to see if e13 got it right this time with the new Helix. Don't want to try and warranty it, as it's not the fault of CRC. Just infuriating that Hope would sell a product that uses such an inferior grade of aluminum. It's not as though they were treading new ground regarding alloy selection.

Mountain bike "pants." Good lord.

I warned you. You have no one but yourselves to blame, you pants-wearing weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post

I warned you. You have no one but yourselves to blame, you pants-wearing weirdos.
    Nobody cares if you wear a skirt. TGR is quite liberal for the most part.

I'll happily take the disapproval of some people on the internet over poison oak on my shins.

Naw, I used to wear these 3/4 length fucking things, no idea what I was thinking at the time. Waay worse than pants.

Then my old man (kinda) got into cycling, copied my steeze and got similar abominations.

Fuck we must have looked like complete dorks riding together.

I wore pants riding tonight. It got down to 30f and despite not even having insulation my legs and stuff were comfy. Also I'm going to say it's marginally more "normal" looking than leg warmers under shorts.

As for a rant, I had my new helmet and light setup all ready to go and then when I went to put the helmet light on I discovered one of the little tabs that holds it in place was broken. Have never even used it.

Commencal

1. $130 to ship a bike from one state over and have it take seven days.

2. Decided internal routing was a good idea on a dirt jumper.

You tried them? Trail oriented pants have gotten really good the last couple years. I wear em basically anytime itís under 60 degrees. Fox Flex Air and Giro Havocís are good examples.

I agree with Jamal, now when I see people riding in shorts with leg warmers I think they look weird. There are better options now when itís cold.

I did a fatbike ride Sunday with my Dakine Thrillium pants and a lightweight Icebreaker layer underneath. That was perfect for the conditions- about 30 degrees with 6 inches of fresh. Very happy with them.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

I feel personally attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    You tried them? Trail oriented pants have gotten really good the last couple years. I wear em basically anytime itís under 60 degrees. Fox Flex Air and Giro Havocís are good examples.

I agree with Jamal, now when I see people riding in shorts with leg warmers I think they look weird. There are better options now when itís cold.
    MTB pants are great. If you can find a pair!

One of my frequent rants is about pulling over to let oncoming riders pass yet they go off trail even though the trail is clear for them. Had that happen tonight. Half a dozen riders were approaching so I pulled over, off the trail. Every one of them rode 2-3 feet off trail. Through a patch of poison oak. They were all on e-bikes. Enjoy your rash, assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Commencal

1. $130 to ship a bike from one state over and have it take seven days.

2. Decided internal routing was a good idea on a dirt jumper.
    Well, this morning the estimated delivery updated to tomorrow, so I'm feeling less ranty about #1. The cost is still ridiculous, though. Last year I shipped a bike to Kansas via Bikeflights and it cost $50.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    I'm building up some new wheels and I had to buy the hoops, front hub and rear hub from three different outlets. And it took me quite a bit of time to find everything!
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    X1000 if you can find a pair on a local shop to try on. Nothing like putting $600 into shopping escrow just to try on 4 pairs, send 3 band AND pay return shipping! Really underlines why local shops are dying and Amazon is taking over the world.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Lots of Cream, Lots of Sugar

Shopping escrow, never heard that term but it's great.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

.......Iím too dumb for the app
    Last edited by jm2e; 10-21-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    Lots of Cream, Lots of Sugar

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    One of my frequent rants is about pulling over to let oncoming riders pass yet they go off trail even though the trail is clear for them. Had that happen tonight. Half a dozen riders were approaching so I pulled over, off the trail. Every one of them rode 2-3 feet off trail. Through a patch of poison oak. They were all on e-bikes. Enjoy your rash, assholes.
    This is a strange rant man. First, they're probably just trying to be polite, and secondly, there is this thing called COVID19 going on, so some are trying to be respectful.

I don't think its strange at all to expect people to stay on the trail when you yield and move off the trail to let them pass. I'm giving them plenty of room.

We already have issues here with people riding next to the trail where it has gotten cupped out a bit, or riding off trail to avoid a rock in the trail, or because its faster to straight line a turn. Or..... apparently because someone has pulled off the trail to let them by and they still need more room? For fuck sakes, our trails are way too wide and braided already.

This was happening long before covid came around. If these riders truly wanted to be respectful re covid shouldn't they pull up their masks as they pass? They're not being polite. They're being clueless douches.

I don't think its strange at all to expect people to stay on the trail when you yield and move off the trail to let them pass. I'm giving them plenty of room.

We already have issues here with people riding next to the trail where it has gotten cupped out a bit, or riding off trail to avoid a rock in the trail, or because its faster to straight line a turn. Or..... apparently because someone has pulled off the trail to let them by and they still need more room? For fuck sakes, our trails are way too wide and braided already.

This was happening long before covid came around. If these riders truly wanted to be respectful re covid shouldn't they pull up their masks as they pass? They're not being polite. They're being clueless douches.
    Welcome to the Front Range! Oh, wait. You're somewhere else.

Well, this morning the estimated delivery updated to tomorrow, so I'm feeling less ranty about #1.
    And now the scheduled delivery is back to the 27th, WTF!

What the fuck is so hard about packing a bike right. I got a demo bike the other day and the moron that packed it just wrapped the chain over the thru axle but left the derailleur attached and it destroyed the derailleur hanger. I mean really, how hard is it to unscrew the damn thing and zip tie it to the chainstay. Now I have to wait for a replacement and I really want to ride it. Uggh, rant!

And now the scheduled delivery is back to the 27th, WTF!
    The bike just showed up at my office. Shit is wacky at FedEx today.

Preach, brutha!!!
    Also fun: Pulling over for someone chugging uphill, who then looks up and sees you stopped. So then they stop too.
    Later you see them on another trail and they get their feelings hurt when you loudly announce you are coming up and soon after, tell them to fuck off when they don't yield.

Chronic Complainer Experiencing Ikon Cognitive Dissonance Since 2018
    Ow! My Balls!

Quote Originally Posted by Ow_My_Balls View Post
    Preach, brutha!!!
    Also fun: Pulling over for someone chugging uphill, who then looks up and sees you stopped. So then they stop too.
    Later you see them on another trail and they get their feelings hurt when you loudly announce you are coming up and soon after, tell them to fuck off when they don't yield.
    Yeah, I don't get people sometimes. In fact, I don't get people a lot of the time.