Page 84 of 241 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 6022
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Exo+ is garbage. WTF is the point - I used to have good luck with regular Exo but these tires are going in the trash tonight. With several plugs in each.

Exo+ is garbage. WTF is the point - I used to have good luck with regular Exo but these tires are going in the trash tonight. With several plugs in each.
    You feel like they’re worse than regular EXO? I’ve done well with those and figured the plus was a no-brainer.

Most of my riding buddies ride at least DD and/or Cushcore but I’m a lightweight.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Ya i know

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    You feel like they’re worse than regular EXO? I’ve done well with those and figured the plus was a no-brainer.

Most of my riding buddies ride at least DD and/or Cushcore but I’m a lightweight.
    That’s what I reckoned, too. Maybe I’m riding harder than I used to. Next time I go back to Maxxis I’ll have to go up to DD. I went 2 years on SG Schwalbes without a flat.

Chesters.

Whenever someone is just getting started and needs pedals, or is switching from clipless, the masses always recommend Chester pedals. Why? In my experience Chesters suck. They don't have that much grip, and their small and tall platform makes them feel less stable. Chesters are way more likely to eat your shin than good flat pedals. I'm completely unsurprised when people try Chesters and come away hating flat pedals. Chesters make me feel way less confident on the bike, and I've been riding only flat pedals for ten years.

They're cheap, but at that price point you can get OneUp's composite pedal, Composite WahWah's, Crankbros' composite pedal, or the Deity Deftrap. All of which offer a much more secure ride feel, and bigger platform. Stop recommending Chesters people!

Exactly. I got 2 rides on a Exo+ and tossed it.
    It may as well be a XC tire

I'm taking a Versus tire to the DH trails this weekend. Wonder if it will survive? Cush core helps.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    I'm completely unsurprised when people try Chesters and come away hating flat pedals. Chesters make me feel way less confident on the bike, and I've been riding only flat pedals for ten years.
    Lots of riders seem to think flat pedals are for beginners and that design doesn't matter, or that they're all the same.

There is definitely a learning curve to flat pedals. It takes a few months to get used to them. Probably worse with pedals like Chesters. Never tried them myself but I've had other pedals that sound similar.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Chesters.

Whenever someone is just getting started and needs pedals, or is switching from clipless, the masses always recommend Chester pedals. Why? In my experience Chesters suck. They don't have that much grip, and their small and tall platform makes them feel less stable. Chesters are way more likely to eat your shin than good flat pedals. I'm completely unsurprised when people try Chesters and come away hating flat pedals. Chesters make me feel way less confident on the bike, and I've been riding only flat pedals for ten years.

They're cheap, but at that price point you can get OneUp's composite pedal, Composite WahWah's, Crankbros' composite pedal, or the Deity Deftrap. All of which offer a much more secure ride feel, and bigger platform. Stop recommending Chesters people!
    Good recs - will definitely use these in the future!
    sproing!

Huh, I’ve never really complained about my chesters and have 3 pairs on various bikes.

The pins are done though, so I guess it’s at the point of re-pinning vs just trying out those composite wah wahs...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

When I started repping I grabbed a couple of pairs of Chesters for my demo bikes and very quickly decided that they suck. I've been riding platforms pretty much forever and figured these would be good for demos based on everyone and their brother talking them up and couldn't keep my feet planted on these things so they're just sitting on the corner of my bench. I think they each have about 30 miles on them, if anyone wants them (2 pairs) I'll trade for good weed.

That’s what I reckoned, too. Maybe I’m riding harder than I used to. Next time I go back to Maxxis I’ll have to go up to DD. I went 2 years on SG Schwalbes without a flat.
    Well that's disappointing. Got four or five of them in the quiver right now. Haven't been riding enough dirt to really see how they hold yet. Guess I'll just burn through them and replace as needed.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Wait, so shitty pedals for good weed?

Never had chesters, I've ridden some shitty flats but ive always had flats since bmx days. Digging my deity's and 5.10s.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Well that's disappointing. Got four or five of them in the quiver right now. Haven't been riding enough dirt to really see how they hold yet. Guess I'll just burn through them and replace as needed.
    Maybe I just drew a bad hand. But when I mentioned it on other social media, some friends replied with similar results and opinions.

I had *just* picked up a pair of Kenda Pinners in the ATC casing from the local shop. Now I’m kinda kicking myself for not ordering the AGC casing. Guess I’ll see how they work out.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Wait, so shitty pedals for good weed?

Never had chesters, I've ridden some shitty flats but ive always had flats since bmx days. Digging my deity's and 5.10s.
    I thought it sounded pretty good Lookin' out for #1 ya know.

done with mtb until the high alpine opens here.

big roving mo clans are clogging everything. not that i starva but they need a viral load metric. shits crazy out there, haven’t touched the full sus in a week. SAD.

oh and exo from 5 years ago is exo+ now. recently put an old 27 dhf 2.5 exo on the front of my wife’s bike and it’s the same or burlier than the DHR exo+ on the front of mine.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post

big roving mo clans are clogging everything. not that i starva but they need a viral load metric. shits crazy out there, haven’t touched the full sus in a week. SAD.

No joke. So thankful I can ride weekday mornings. The trailheads and easily accessible stuff down here has been crazy.

oh and exo from 5 years ago is exo+ now. recently put an old 27 dhf 2.5 exo on the front of my wife’s bike and it’s the same or burlier than the DHR exo+ on the front of mine.
    Out of curiosity, how's the riding to the east of Ogden in the mountains towards Morgan? I've driven through there a bunch lately (back and forth between CO and Sun Valley), and it looks like some great terrain. Beautiful area too.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Out of curiosity, how's the riding to the east of Ogden in the mountains towards Morgan? I've driven through there a bunch lately (back and forth between CO and Sun Valley), and it looks like some great terrain. Beautiful area too.
    the riding here is actually pretty terrible. it takes a lot of work to go fast and there really isn't anything steep that's 'sanctioned'. i am not downplaying to protect traffic as the general pop loves it. some new trails being built over on the east slope of Ben Lomond that are more conducive to NICA style seated mountain biking. Snowbasin has contributed zero effort to making things better and don't have any trail work planned for the summer.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You should check out the River Raft Mountains on the next trip and report back. Might be all ATV trails, but I'm curious...

Name:  OutdoorsHike_091111~0.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  130.4 KB

Local trail agencies sitting on their hands while they have all sorts of resources out there to fix trails and keep them maintained for an increasing number of trail users.

It seems to me like the two trail management agencies in Boise have a tough time working together. (i.e. a trail machine that just sits in a shed an only occasionally gets used for minor projects, SWIMBA). Minimal trail volunteer work days, usually scheduled on a weekday in the middle of the day. Not open to have volunteers get trained for trail maintenance on their own recognizance, etc. Poor sight lines that would only take a minor amount of brush cutting/weed wacking to take care of and giant ruts that could easily be fixed by a handful of trail volunteers grabbing a McCleod or Pulaski stashed away at some predetermined location. I see other areas putting all sorts of effort into trail maintenance days and new trail builds, WTF, Ridge to Rivers and SWIMBA?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems particularly bad this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    <snip>
    Maybe it's just me, but it seems particularly bad this year.
    Heh.

If only there were something this year that might account for things being different...

Nope.

Can't think of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Heh.

If only there were something this year that might account for things being different...

Nope.

Can't think of anything.

It's not like those trail agencies need to be worried about social distancing while working and or maintaining single track or fixing ruts

the riding here is actually pretty terrible. it takes a lot of work to go fast and there really isn't anything steep that's 'sanctioned'. i am not downplaying to protect traffic as the general pop loves it. some new trails being built over on the east slope of Ben Lomond that are more conducive to NICA style seated mountain biking. Snowbasin has contributed zero effort to making things better and don't have any trail work planned for the summer.
    You don't like Trail 365, bro? Sacrilege.

It seems there is zero appetite to build anything that may appeal to anyone that has ridden more than a few years. And even worse than that is the trend to 'fix' long standing trails and turn them into smooth, gradeless trails and replace what used to be decent old school style trails.

The local group here is busy miniexing new sidewalk trails and as they have for the last ten years ignoring the issue of sight lines growing in and fixing perennial mud holes ect. Plenty of time for new berms machine dug on old trails where they aren't really needed as well.
    Always looking for help clipping roots or smashing rocks on new trail days.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    You don't like Trail 365, bro? Sacrilege.

It seems there is zero appetite to build anything that may appeal to anyone that has ridden more than a few years. And even worse than that is the trend to 'fix' long standing trails and turn them into smooth, gradeless trails and replace what used to be decent old school style trails.
    Ahhh... the old sanitation lamentation. It's a sad tale...