Page 188 of 246 FirstFirst ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 6150
    Yeah, that as well.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    2 pages confirming why I don't ride lifts to bike or ride bikes in bike parks.
    I don’t do it often, but it’s pretty fun. Also improves your handling skills so, so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I don’t do it often, but it’s pretty fun. Also improves your handling skills so, so quickly.
    It's just like skiing. The guys that only do backcountry and get maybe 5k vert in a day tend to kind of suck at the actual skiing part. If you want to get good at making skis or bikes go downhill, you have to practice a lot. And the quickest way to practice a lot is chairlifts.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    It's just like skiing. The guys that only do backcountry and get maybe 5k vert in a day tend to kind of suck at the actual skiing part. If you want to get good at making skis or bikes go downhill, you have to practice a lot. And the quickest way to practice a lot is chairlifts.
    Hate to admit it but after 15 years of touring without a single day at the resort I'm pretty sure I've turned back into a beater and I wouldn't survive 3 medium speed tram laps at Snowbird. I love pedaling but I know the only way to unlock the next steps of progression on the bike at my age will be at a bike park.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I told a friend of mine this ^^^ go to the hill and practice so she went to the ski hill to practise and promptly broke her wrist
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I know the only way to unlock the next steps of progression on the bike at my age will be at a bike park.
    Unfortunately, at my age, I'm in the "trying to slow down the regression" stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

You get what you want out of the sport. To me, going downhill on interesting terrain gives me the same joy I get (got) from downhill skiing. To me, XC mtb is as interesting as cross country skiing (zero interest) and pretty much a different sport. Enduro is great if you have the terrain and the desire to focus more on the workout when getting DH runs in. I guess it’s closer to backcountry skiing, without the constant threat of death.
    I don’t ride bike park to get better. I ride there for the same reason people ski at resorts. Because it ticks a lot of boxes and can be fun as fuck. Sometimes it makes me better, but sometimes it just beats me up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Hate to admit it but after 15 years of touring without a single day at the resort I'm pretty sure I've turned back into a beater and I wouldn't survive 3 medium speed tram laps at Snowbird. I love pedaling but I know the only way to unlock the next steps of progression on the bike at my age will be at a bike park.
    It's funny, the last few seasons I've been almost 100% lifts in the winter and 0% lifts in the summer, because Wasatch bike park options suck donkey balls.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Enduro is great if you have the terrain and the desire to focus more on the workout when getting DH runs in. I guess it’s closer to backcountry skiing, without the constant threat of death.
    Hah, yes, exactly. Also easier up/down transitions and every day is a powder day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's funny, the last few seasons I've been almost 100% lifts in the winter and 0% lifts in the summer, because Wasatch bike park options suck donkey balls.
    I haven't heard terrible things about DV, although I've only ridden up there by poaching the trails coming in from PC. Even if the terrain isn't great though, gaining vert on the bike is harder than on skis. I don't see myself running 3 laps in Silver fork on the bike mostly cause I can't do that climb more than a couple times without hating life. I've done 5 or 6 back to back laps on the same face on skis though...

The other thing here is that my level on skis is miles above where I am on a bike so I don't need to progress, just keep myself from going full beater. I'm a noob on a bike, still at the bottom of the progression curve.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    When will science/NASA come up with a zipper on bike short pockets that you can actually zip closed one handed while pedaling up singletrack? That would be cool.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

They did. It’s called velcro

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    When will science/NASA come up with a zipper on bike short pockets that you can actually zip closed one handed while pedaling up singletrack? That would be cool.
    The Raceface Ruxton shorts (and the prior generation of their shorts - forgot the name) are pretty good in that respect.

Bonus: the pockets are in a great spot. Shit doesn't bounce and flop around all over the place.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Shorts with diagonal thigh pockets are the way to go. Gotta orient the zipper just right so the shorts don't bunch up during one handed operation.

I need one more ride on my Tasco shorts before I endorse the pockets, but I did notice how much easier it was to grab the phone out for a photo the other day and I know I've got the phone back in the pocket under power as well.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I need one more ride on my Tasco shorts before I endorse the pockets, but I did notice how much easier it was to grab the phone out for a photo the other day and I know I've got the phone back in the pocket under power as well.
    Yep. In my experience the Tasco Scout short zips well. Nice fit too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It’s downhill bike season, and so many of the cheap good downhill wheels are out of stock everywhere.

Sweet Protection’s MTB shorts are the best I’ve used, and after I found them I stopped looking for anything else. They have the right sized pockets in the right places, the zippers work great, and the fabric held up to a Pete Rose slide with no sign of wear.

FAWKING SRAM! (...this time yelled by Primoz)

My favorite video from Bauke Mollema:

HOLLY FAWK Primoz won by 16 seconds!

Everyone is an asshole and i'm no different but specificaly I'm a Sombrio kind of asshole, I can take 8 brands of shorts into the changeroom and Sombrio fit the best so I got 3 pair

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Sweet Protection’s MTB shorts are the best I’ve used, and after I found them I stopped looking for anything else. They have the right sized pockets in the right places, the zippers work great, and the fabric held up to a Pete Rose slide with no sign of wear.

X2. Those exact sorts are my favorite of all time. I think they've changed them now though, which is a damn shame.

X2. Those exact sorts are my favorite of all time. I think they've changed them now though, which is a damn shame.
    Nuts. I wish I had more than 2 pairs then.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Tasco shorts are great, but I wish they had a side pocket on the left side too. My favorite ever are Club Ride HiFi shorts, they just need to come in better colors.

Zion Ether shorts have been good for me the last few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Tasco shorts are great, but I wish they had a side pocket on the left side too. My favorite ever are Club Ride HiFi shorts, they just need to come in better colors.
    pockets are a great rant, do the people designing these clothes ever use the stuff do they even bike or ski tour or whatever ?

re asymetric pocket design on mtn bike shorts or ski touring pants must look really cool to the designer but hey there is room for another pocket on the other leg and i could really use 4 pockets instead of just 3 so put more pockets on the design and quit trying to do wtf you are doing

re pockets in soft shell pants , if you make the pocket openning horizontal stuff doesn't fall out, also there is more room on the side of the pant to instal a longer vent zipper for more venting

re the breast pocket on shells, everybody has a celphone in this age so make sure your design has at least one preferably 2 breast pockets and make the pocket big enough to fit a celphone

to sum it up only design stuff with an even number of big pockets and you probably won't be wrong

My pocket rant: Thigh pockets low down are useless on both bike and ski clothes. Why do I want my beacon or cell phone low down where it's exposed and I need to lift it every time I lift my leg. 2 roomy hip pockets that zip are all I really want.