Page 113 of 241 FirstFirst ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 6005
    Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Plus this is what giant sunglasses are for. Get those new pocs or some speedtraps or something. I have photochromic jawbreakers and they could be a little larger, but keep wind and shit out of my eyes a lot better than my "max" pivlocks did. Have some knockoff 100%s that are pretty sweet, makes me want to get real ones.
    Yeah I got a stupid ass big douche pair of blenders and love them. I never rode in glasses up until now but moving to real mountains is a whole different sun experience and my skin tone needs all the protection it can get

I get a chuckle out of these looks (saw a guy at the trailhead the other day in a ski helmet and goggles) but they don't really bother me. We're all out riding bikes and having fun in our own way - even you Strava obsessed sheeple I know you're having fun somewhere inside your shell of inadequacy and fomo. Plus isn't it fun to pass someone on a downhill who is in full body armor and goggles on a bike with 180mm of travel?
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

I'll take the piss pot + goggles look over the 'I just left a funeral' look. I think we can all agree that both are preferable to the huge, ugly sunglasses.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Yeah I got a stupid ass big douche pair of blenders

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Same. If it's cold out and I'm riding, you said it, just endless streams. Kind of unconscionable how much moisture you lose.
    Seriously. I think I'm actually getting dehydrated through my eyes.

I can't handle wearing goggles on regular rides, and I have a moral issue with paying the absurd prices for those oversized sunglasses. Thinking I might just start riding in one of those Covid face shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Ummmmm, Who cares what others wear for doing privileged stupid white people shit?
    Yeah!! Except for spandex. Those jerks are ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Yeah I DGAF about what other riders are riding or look like but if you’re being a jerk, we’re gonna have a problem.

Examples:

XC spandex racers hogging trails or yelling at you to pass before they even get to you so they can keep their HR up or make them think someone loves them or whatever the fuck

Endur-Bros pushing bikes uphill and cutting switchbacks, causing erosion and drainage issues

Whoever keeps moving the logs that our trail folks put out to block off old social trails that suck for flow or drainage reasons

People that don’t yield to uphill travel and instead keep riding way off the trail, creating a super wide trail

Jerks that ride when it’s really muddy and leave giant ruts

Ok that’s a lot of people, I guess I’m becoming a grumpy old man. But seriously, ride fast or slow and look like whatever you want, just be excellent to each other and leave the trail areas as good as you found them. That’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I happen to think I still have a great ass and look smashing, except for the dunlap. Where yo belly dunlaped over your spandex.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    But seriously, ride fast or slow and look like whatever you want, just be excellent to each other and leave the trail areas as good as you found them. That’s it.
    /thread

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I have a moral issue with paying the absurd prices for those oversized sunglasses. Thinking I might just start riding in one of those Covid face shields.
    I got my blenders for under $40 they throw discount codes at you if you put them in your cart and leave the site for a little while. They're also kinda nice for spring ski touring. Fuck it, they're great.
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I happen to think I still have a great ass and look smashing, except for the dunlap. Where yo belly dunlaped over your spandex.
    . This is the core of it. If they are skinnier than me, then they “trigger” my resentment and self doubt. If they aren’t, we’ll then they certainly shouldn’t be in public in that! Kind of like everyone that is faster than me being f-n crazy, and everyone slower being a gaper! Why can’t they all just be chill like me?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I have a moral issue with paying the absurd prices for those oversized sunglasses.
    Yeah, they are ridiculous. My kids bought me a pair of Smith wildcats for my birthday last year. Something I would have never done myself and I have to admit they are freaking awesome. Both mtn biking and skinning they have been the best glasses I've ever owned. They don't fog and provide great coverage.

Plus now I'm like all enduro bro! I could give a rats ass what I look like on skis, mtn bikes, anything...I just want functional gear.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I’ve been waiting 5 months for a new frame I ordered back in December. It was scheduled to arrive yesterday but has been lost in FedEx’s “delivery pending” void for 2 days.

Some greater force does not want me too have this frame in my possession.

Fedex has really gone downhill. "Out for delivery today" becomes "No scheduled delivery info" every damn time. One package was two miles away then disappeared from a hub two hours away and they told me to take it up with the shipper. Took six weeks to get a replacement.

Very disappointed to see that my new rim for the hardtail is shipping fedex.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

How about this for the next Enduro Bro trendy item?

https://www.sierra.com/vision-bike-h...TrjCpGXVFNlAXA
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Check out my hobby IG account: disposable_flosser_aficionado

I fucking hate those things

Saw one today on the f'n trail miles from a trail head wtf

ok like what the hell happened to mountain biking?
    its now the sport of pussies?
    don't get me going on ebikes I'm like three shakes away from having an aneurism but I'm sure not going to puss out and buy an e bike live like a man and take the idea of bleeding out with an ounce of no caution

what happened to the days of packing mount vesuvius size bowls and riding around in the woods all day? now everyone shuttles a flowy rolly downhill streatch of trail? if people can't shuttle something they won't ride it what? like 7-10 miles of riding thats mountain biking? god forbid the car isn't waiting at the other end with cold beers in it. sounds like resort skiing to me? But man I used to get lost for hours on end hoping to not pop out in some town a few town over at dark high as a kite. Maps? Now no one can do a ride without an app that shows them everything, they got the phone in there hand like it's there dick, grab those handle bars sally point the wheel and go what happens when you got no service all of the sudden? That must be scary. I can clean shit better on my hardtail than some poser can on his six inches of limp dick travel it's almost embarrasing to call myself a mountain biker these days

BTW I had a titty hard on awesome ride today bitches hope you did too

Shimano, wtf! Can we just use screws? They work.

There must be shit in this pin, because it will not push in to release. I guess I need to spray some silicone or something. Pia.

*Pic not exact brake I'm bitching about.

Fawking Italian Threaded Bottom Brackets. I built up prepped a Pinarello Grevil+ for a media release, and the drive side bottom bracket threads came loose.
    Why not just produce your bike with a BSA threaded BB like all the normal people.

My shiny 29er dumped me on my ass...just like the last 29er I rode. Lost the front end on an off-camber dinner-plate rock. My 27.5 wouldn't have flinched I don't think I would've even felt it. But whenever I touch down with a 29er onto anything off-camber I wind up with a face full of dirt. What gives? Shoulder/side lugs like they're not even there...

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Chasing creaks around a carbon frame is one of the most sisyphean feeling tasks in existence
    Creaking seat post on a 5.5 yeti easy to scope cuz you just stand up and it stops, I tried grease lube/ wax lube / plumbing tape it got better but never entirely went away and not for long, my buddies 5.5 was doing the same thing kinda sucks on a bike you pay that much $ for

I wouldn't have believed it but Carbon paste stopped the creaks,

IME you need carbon paste to put together a carbon bike

now I even use it putting togetehr stuff that is not carbon ...can't hurt eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    My shiny 29er dumped me on my ass...just like the last 29er I rode. Lost the front end on an off-camber dinner-plate rock. My 27.5 wouldn't have flinched I don't think I would've even felt it. But whenever I touch down with a 29er onto anything off-camber I wind up with a face full of dirt. What gives? Shoulder/side lugs like they're not even there...
    were you leaning way over the front wheel ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    ok like what the hell happened to mountain biking?
    its now the sport of pussies?
    don't get me going on ebikes I'm like three shakes away from having an aneurism but I'm sure not going to puss out and buy an e bike live like a man and take the idea of bleeding out with an ounce of no caution

what happened to the days of packing mount vesuvius size bowls and riding around in the woods all day? now everyone shuttles a flowy rolly downhill streatch of trail? if people can't shuttle something they won't ride it what? like 7-10 miles of riding thats mountain biking? god forbid the car isn't waiting at the other end with cold beers in it. sounds like resort skiing to me? But man I used to get lost for hours on end hoping to not pop out in some town a few town over at dark high as a kite. Maps? Now no one can do a ride without an app that shows them everything, they got the phone in there hand like it's there dick, grab those handle bars sally point the wheel and go what happens when you got no service all of the sudden? That must be scary. I can clean shit better on my hardtail than some poser can on his six inches of limp dick travel it's almost embarrasing to call myself a mountain biker these days

BTW I had a titty hard on awesome ride today bitches hope you did too
    Now that's a proper rant.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Fedex has really gone downhill.
    I've had some weird stuff happening with them too. Placed an order a couple weeks ago, after 7-8 days part of it shipped Fedex, signature required. I wasn't going to be home on the estimated delivery date so I had it re-routed to a local Fedex shipping center. I kept getting notifications where the delivery date would flop from one day to the next and then back. In the AM: delivery scheduled for following day. Then later on, same day: package on truck, out for delivery by end of day today. Then later: delivery now scheduled for following day. Then later that evening: delivery failed. (They tried to deliver after close of business at ship center). Finally got it on Monday. Meanwhile, the shipper was also sending notifications that didn't match what Fedex's notifications. Vendor just shipped remaining items so I got it all again this weekend. The funny one was getting a notification yesterday morning (24th) from vendor saying delivery was expected by end of day on the 23rd. Then getting a notification from Fedex yesterday afternoon saying package was just picked up (in LA) and was on a truck for delivery by end of day yesterday in SD. Right. It came today. This was the expensive part of the order, but shipped no signature required.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    were you leaning way over the front wheel ?
    Nope. Neutral stance. Almost like the larger wheel exerts more leverage or something on the shoulder lugs, easy to break it loose if I turn in just a little bit.

I should add the caveat that the 29er is running a 2.4 dissector up front whereas the 27.5 is set up with 2.6 minion DHF in non-exo casing, maybe it makes that much of a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Fedex has really gone downhill. "Out for delivery today" becomes "No scheduled delivery info" every damn time. One package was two miles away then disappeared from a hub two hours away and they told me to take it up with the shipper. Took six weeks to get a replacement.

Very disappointed to see that my new rim for the hardtail is shipping fedex.
    FedEx has delayed every shipment I’ve had sent to me in the last three months. They routinely “lose” tracking and then show up days later.

Most recently bought some parts and they show delivered. Bullshit. I was home and checked the door within 1 minute of them showing the delivery time. I was also sitting by the window and always see the truck, and I didn’t. So now of course the shipper won’t file a claim because the tracking shows delivered and FedEx says the same ,even though their claims department told me their “investigation” consisted only of checking the tracking because the driver couldn’t be troubled to respond.