Page 86 of 247 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 6154
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    UPS customs clearance charges.
    Highway robbery.
    Never use UPS if you can avoid it.
    Yes. They are brutal. But if you receive your package and send you a customs bill after, you don’t need to pay it. It’s their responsibility to collect at delivery. Tell them that and they will stop asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    The one tool most shops, especially my local, have in abundance are "Tool Boxes".
    Haha pretty much. I dont bother asking over the phone anymore. I have 3 LBS's within a 10 minute drive, and 2 are on the way to work or weekly errands so i just stop in with the bike on off hours and let them dig through those tool boxes in realtime to ACTUALLY find out if the right tool/part is in that blackhole haha.

A lot of the time im usually just handed the box of screws/bolts/etc and told to have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Yes. They are brutal. But if you receive your package and send you a customs bill after, you don’t need to pay it. It’s their responsibility to collect at delivery. Tell them that and they will stop asking.
    I think I still owe DHL money from 10 years ago. They eventually stopped asking me for the 100$.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    do they have a gun to your head? no one's forcing you to do anything.
    Like I said, I don't mind paying a few bucks for the use of the app, it's needing to "donate" to org's I don't believe in. It's also the only place some of these maps are posted so you're kind of forced to use it or hope you've committed all the turn combinations to memory...

Rock shock reverb. Why did I keep rebuilding that POS. Left in the middle of nowhere again on a pogo stick. PNW on the bike now, Torn about whether I ever consider a rock shock product again.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Rock shock reverb. Why did I keep rebuilding that POS. Left in the middle of nowhere again on a pogo stick. PNW on the bike now, Torn about whether I ever consider a rock shock product again.
    I've had good luck with Rockshox with the exception of the Reverb. I think the Reverb is overengineered. Simple droppers work better.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I gave up on the Reverb after I bought one new for $250 then a shop rebuilt for $170 a few months later. Never again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    When you go to the local shop to make an appointment almost a month out for a hub service... you explain that they’ll need 2 separate DT Swiss tools (one for a 370, one for a 350/240) to do the service and they talk down to you.. yeah, we got that... like why wouldn’t we. Drop the bike off last night, mention it again... then get the call at 4:45 the next day... hey, we don’t have that tool...

Anyone have the DT Swiss 370 tool?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Haha, which shop? (PM if you don't want to put them on blast) RF valley local as well. I've given up on all of the shops here!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Like I said, I don't mind paying a few bucks for the use of the app, it's needing to "donate" to org's I don't believe in. It's also the only place some of these maps are posted so you're kind of forced to use it or hope you've committed all the turn combinations to memory...
    You can't just scroll around the banner?

It's not going to be there forever, it's Trail Karma Month not Trail Karma for LIFE. Just 16 more days and this horrendous impact on your life will be over and the banner removed.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Just a guess. But from the amount a cars at trail heads. I imagine they’ve had quite the influx of new users. Might as well squeeze them for enough cash to build a carpet roller berm run

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

The local bike park (whitefish) is a cesspool of indifference regarding covid. The zip lines, alpine slide, etc. are packed to the brim with tourists. No social distancing efforts, very little mask wearing. The resort is indifferent.

The municipality passed a mask ordinance yesterday (followed by a statewide mandate today). The CEO of the resort wrote this letter in opposition to the local mask ordinance.

The fact that the person running one of the largest businesses in our community wrote that letter is depressing.

Why are people so afraid of wearing masks? It's the same crowd that says, "all lives matter" instead of, "black lives matter". They are also the same "pro-life" crowd. But when it comes to protecting lives that may incovenience them personally, then they're out. Fuck them and fuck this guy.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The local bike park (whitefish) is a cesspool of indifference regarding covid. The zip lines, alpine slide, etc. are packed to the brim with tourists. No social distancing efforts, very little mask wearing. The resort is indifferent.

The municipality passed a mask ordinance yesterday (followed by a statewide mandate today). The CEO of the resort wrote this letter in opposition to the local mask ordinance.

The fact that the person running one of the largest businesses in our community wrote that letter is depressing.
    I’ll write a letter saying I’ll never spend a dime there. I’ve always wanted to head up your way but haven’t had the time and this isn’t the year. Fuck anyone taking a vacation (that isn’t self sufficient) right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Why are people so afraid of wearing masks? It's the same crowd that says, "all lives matter" instead of, "black lives matter". They are also the same "pro-life" crowd. But when it comes to protecting lives that may incovenience them personally, then they're out. Fuck them and fuck this guy.
    Because they’re pieces of shit.

It is ignorance disguised as higher knowledge by twisting words.

We are witnessing our own failed education system. People spend their focus on fame, fortune and how to get them from the easiest pathway.

Shit like this becomes the norm on social media.

At least the whitefish guy has a clear motivation - he’s a rich dude who wants to keep being rich. Masks might make that harder for him.

It’s the blue collar/anti-maskers who blow my mind. Like they’re against masks why? Just to keep a party in power who doesn’t give a fuck about them?

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    At least the whitefish guy has a clear motivation - he’s a rich dude who wants to keep being rich. Masks might make that harder for him.

It’s the blue collar/anti-maskers who blow my mind. Like they’re against masks why? Just to keep a party in power who doesn’t give a fuck about them?
    It’s like they don’t understand that if we all get sick/die the economy will be worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    It’s like they don’t understand that if we all get sick/die the economy will be worse off.
    I'm not convinced the general public knows how the economy works other than getting paid and paying bills.

Again the education effort isn't there. Just feed our fat dumb asses and keep that system rolling.

If we all collectively pretend this ain’t a big deal there’s always going to be another dumbass willing to hop on the zip line

I was at Costco yesterday and watched a lady wearing a mask pull the mask down so that she could sneeze with no attempt to cover the sneeze in any way. Mind-blowing...

I’ll write a letter saying I’ll never spend a dime there. I’ve always wanted to head up your way but haven’t had the time and this isn’t the year. Fuck anyone taking a vacation (that isn’t self sufficient) right now.
    info@skiwhitefish.com

I'm really hoping they get enough blowback on this that they'll realize their CEO is a fucking idiot. This isn't the first example of this guy being an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Garbage can

Is that on a SC wheelset?
    OEM off the Hightower LT, now on my Mega. That hub's engagement sucks. now that its a few years old figured I'd void the warranty and swap out with 350 internals.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    OEM off the Hightower LT, now on my Mega. That hub's engagement sucks. now that its a few years old figured I'd void the warranty and swap out with 350 internals.
    I had a punchy climb last night and the hub made a horrible "ting" sound. I thought it was gone at that moment. Thankfully I have a 350 in my garage waiting. I just haven't switched the cassette, brake, and tire over to it yet.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post

Yeah - because no blue collar union or non-union guys/gals vote for dems. Good generalization.

FTR - I don’t have a problem with masks...just can’t stand all of the generalizations and hysteria.

Substitute the words "not rich" for "blue-collar" and the point would have been better made. (especially because a lot of blue collar folks make bank)

Also. Apologies for posting this shit in Sprockets. I would now like to change the subject and rant about work keeping me from getting out on a ride this morning.