Page 112 of 247 FirstFirst ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 6171
    Chasing creaks around a carbon frame is one of the most sisyphean feeling tasks in existence
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Got even today and with my repaired valve stem (Replaced) AND my floor pump, I went back and had a nice pre-storm ride. Loaned that floor pump to 2 different groups and it was the kind of thing like, "OK I'm going riding now just put it back in the back of my truck when done".

Good vibes all around.
    https://ride.lezyne.com/products/1-fp-tfldr-v206
    I’m no Lezyne fanboi, and the chuck drives me fucking bonkers, but this thing lives in my car. Just small enough and flat enough to not be in the way. Never not there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I thought we'd hit peak stupid with tubes/tools/random shit taped to frames, along with the return of 1985's fanny packs. I was wrong.
    Bottle and tube on frame with a fanny pack with a snack and essentials is literally perfect for a 2 hour ride. It’s the opposite of stupid to me.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Birzman shitty Push n Twist pump head. Must replace this POS.

was gifted some Smith Wildcats and can finally join the cool kids club. now realizing that the joke is on me as they are constantly getting smashed into my nose from my helmet.

do i need to ride smoother trails? form:function quotient seems to be broken on these.

is my face designed wrong?
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    was gifted some Smith Wildcats and can finally join the cool kids club. now realizing that the joke is on me as they are constantly getting smashed into my nose from my helmet.

do i need to ride smoother trails? form:function quotient seems to be broken on these.

You need a bigger gap between your helmet and the top of your googles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Chasing creaks around a carbon frame is one of the most sisyphean feeling tasks in existence
    SOOO MUCH THIS!! Got frustrated and pulled my 10+ yr old Ti SS off the wall for a while. Finally did find motivation, after some pretty good SS suffering, to mostly reduce the creak. It's as if the carbon acts as an amplifier, irony was my Ti SS had a squeaks too, just another thing on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    SOOO MUCH THIS!! Got frustrated and pulled my 10+ yr old Ti SS off the wall for a while. Finally did find motivation, after some pretty good SS suffering, to mostly reduce the creak. It's as if the carbon acts as an amplifier, irony was my Ti SS had a squeaks too, just another thing on the list.
    I have gone down the unsafe headphone and music route of ignoring the mystery creak many times. That partnered with locktite on anything with a thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Fuck the people who use those plastic teeth floss things and toss them on the ground at the gas station.

What the hell is with flossing your teeth at the pump? Can't tell you how many times I see those things laying around gas stations.
    Check out my hobby IG account: disposable_flosser_aficionado

I fucking hate those things

Internal routing for dropper posts. I fully understand that it makes waaaay more sense for the post actuation, vs something like the old LEV. And that it's probably the only cable that "should" be internally routed.
    That said, it's such a massive pain in the ass. In every way.
    Currently debating between different "premium" cable options to help deal with the massive tight bends and the extra friction they're causing. And wondering what the under/over is on whether I completely lose the end of the housing while trying to fish it through with one of these:

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post

Step one when buying eyewear or goggles to be used with a helmet is to try it on with said helmet...

Smith Wildcats fit well with my Smith Forefront. My face is certainly designed wrong too... I have a massive head.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Enduro-bro styling trends: are we at peak stupidity?

I thought we'd hit peak stupid with tubes/tools/random shit taped to frames, along with the return of 1985's fanny packs. I was wrong.

Recent trend I've seen appears to be wearing goggles at all times, such as while climbing and riding on ordinary trails that have zero gnar necessitating the goggles (and obligatory body armor).
    Speak for yourself when it comes to attaching things to the bike and all I need is my SWAT bib for anything up to 3 hours. However, the goggle fad is going on about 5+years now and I hear ya, it can end.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    And wondering what the under/over is on whether I completely lose the end of the housing while trying to fish it through with one of these:
    It takes a lot of force to pull one of those off when seated properly.
    One of the mechanics I know always said that tool sucks, then he watched me use it and realized he was doing it wrong.
    Cut a clean end on both cables, and the tool is a CCW thread on one end, and CW thread on the other end, so stick the tool threads in both cable ends at once, and spin it with a small hex key. It will thread deep and clean into both cables at the same time.
    The mechanic who hated the tool was threading one side in fully, then trying to spin the other cable onto the other threads, mashing the cable opening on one side and not getting a solid threading.
    I’ve two hand yanked on a cable that was stuck in a bend and that little tool has held on to both cables.

Nice. Will report back in whichever threat feels most appropriate based on my results!!

The only trend I’m aware of is the continuing weird shit my body does as I age. One of those things is an endless flow of tears in my eyes when descending in cool or cold weather. No gnar required, just a little wind in the eyes and temps in the low 60s or below. Goggles fix that. I don’t wear them that often but they fix the problem and are worth it on long descents.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

One of my favorite trails starts from the lot with a swoopy fast 20+ mph descent and when it's like that complete eye watering for first few minutes. I couldn't bring myself to resort to goggles though given it's not nearly a gnar enough trail system.

I've also done the ear buds to hide the noise but that only goes so far, plus riding w/ people.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    I'm going insane with this particular one. Each day I take apart a new section of the bike and clean/regrease everything and it's still not going away. It sounds like I have loose ball bearings in my frame
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

I wear goggles with my full face because full face and glasses looks dorky AF. I occasionally wear them with my half shell in the summer when it's super dusty, because goggles are much better at keeping dust out of my eyes than glasses. I've also had mixed success wearing them on night rides where I have a light on my helmet, because the goggles do a better job of holding the helmet secure to counter that top-heavy bobblehead feeling, but are more prone to fogging.

Who cares what others wear for doing privileged stupid white people shit? Speaking of stupid privileged white people stuff... the patagonia truckers hat is the pinnacle of ironic privileged stupidity with a little arrogance on the side, bar none! Reminds me of LAliens wearing King Ropes hats at the crags....

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    Who cares what others wear for doing privileged stupid white people shit? Speaking of stupid privileged white people stuff... the patagonia truckers hat is the pinnacle of ironic privileged stupidity with a little arrogance on the side, bar none! Reminds me of LAliens wearing King Ropes hats at the crags....

Ummmmm, Who cares what others wear for doing privileged stupid white people shit?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Ummmmm, Who cares what others wear for doing privileged stupid white people shit?
    Um, I'm kinda with tellybele on this one. I get pretty tired of the suggestion that different riders are somehow one dimensional drones without an ability to savor the subtle nuances and multifaceted rewards of riding. A fast guy riding downhill is motivated solely by Strava scores and cares not about others. A goggles on the half shell, burrito strapped to the top tube rider is still pigeon holed into the dated MTBR meme of EnduroBro foolishly trying to look cool more than have fun, ironically failing at both because of what we must assume is his inherent stupidity.
    We're all a bunch of wankers living privileged lives on our ridiculously priced disposable toys in the woods paid for by 350 million taxpayers yet almost exclusively enjoyed by our demographic. The least we could do is chill the fuck out about how and why our virtual twins are doing it just a little bit differently.

Yeah different strokes and all, but if you’re wearing a half shell and goggles, you better be one hell of a good descender in my book. Look pro ride pro. In all reality, goggles on an XC ride seem like so much more of a PITA than complaining about watering eyes for the first few minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus this is what giant sunglasses are for. Get those new pocs or some speedtraps or something. I have photochromic jawbreakers and they could be a little larger, but keep wind and shit out of my eyes a lot better than my "max" pivlocks did. Have some knockoff 100%s that are pretty sweet, makes me want to get real ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    The only trend I’m aware of is the continuing weird shit my body does as I age. One of those things is an endless flow of tears in my eyes when descending in cool or cold weather. No gnar required, just a little wind in the eyes and temps in the low 60s or below. Goggles fix that. I don’t wear them that often but they fix the problem and are worth it on long descents.
    Same. If it's cold out and I'm riding, you said it, just endless streams. Kind of unconscionable how much moisture you lose.

I’ve been waiting 5 months for a new frame I ordered back in December. It was scheduled to arrive yesterday but has been lost in FedEx’s “delivery pending” void for 2 days.

Some greater force does not want me too have this frame in my possession.